PDA

View Full Version : Anybody from Bloomington?

Hillsdale87
08-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Is anybody from Bloomington and can help me out? I just moved here. I tried to get Dish so that I could get Fox Sports Ohio, but I'm in an apartment complex and couldn't get a line of sight, so Dish won't work. Does anybody have any other suggestions? I'm looking at Comcast right now, but it doesn't look like they have a Fox Sports package. Thanks for any help!

The_Mudshark
08-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Is anybody from Bloomington and can help me out? I just moved here. I tried to get Dish so that I could get Fox Sports Ohio, but I'm in an apartment complex and couldn't get a line of sight, so Dish won't work. Does anybody have any other suggestions? I'm looking at Comcast right now, but it doesn't look like they have a Fox Sports package. Thanks for any help!

I don't know much about that part of the country in terms of FS-OH availability, but it sounds like you might be out of luck unless you want to sign up for MLB.tv and pay through the nose. It will be discounted at this point in the season, so it will be less than a $100 I would think. My mom got it for her iPad and I have a buddy who runs it on his Xbox 360. The version she has on iPad is the minimal one where you can only listen to games, I am pretty sure you can pay a premium to be able to watch any game. My buddy has the complete package on his Xbox because he also couldn't watch games where he lives. The package allows him to watch and record any MLB game.

If you have an Xbox, I would get it for that, it is pricey but it seems convenient, reliable and user friendly.

Hillsdale87
08-06-2012, 11:50 AM
I believe that Reds games are blacked out in Bloomington for the MLB.tv package. Bloomington is only about 2.5 hours from Cincy, so I guess it is still technically in the blackout area.

arkimadee
08-06-2012, 12:18 PM
In previous years they showed reds games on fs indiana. I'm not sure if that's still the case

OGB
08-06-2012, 12:36 PM
The Meatball sandwich from Buffalouies is to die for.

Moosie52
08-06-2012, 12:37 PM
FS Indiana is an offshoot of FS Ohio. They only show about 95 out of 145 games broadcast on the Ohio version. Comcast should offer FS Indiana in Bloomington. That station also shows the Pacers games, an occasional Fever game, Blues hockey, fighting, and poker.

OGB
08-06-2012, 01:12 PM

Mush
08-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Terre Haute, IN
Directv. Fox Sports Cincinnati (Channel 661) is not blocked for Reds' games.
Strange here because Cards (671), Cubs & White Sox (665) games are also not blocked.

You don't get this in Bloomington then?

Hillsdale87
08-07-2012, 01:24 PM

Thanks. I'll be sure to check that out!

Hillsdale87
08-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Terre Haute, IN
Directv. Fox Sports Cincinnati (Channel 661) is not blocked for Reds' games.
Strange here because Cards (671), Cubs & White Sox (665) games are also not blocked.

You don't get this in Bloomington then?

Unfortunately no...

Mr.Redleg82
08-08-2012, 09:12 AM
There's a few websites that are iffy, and I'm not sure of the legality of them, but I believe it's frontrowsports.com. Use google to find more and be weary of viruses.

Drudy8
08-08-2012, 10:36 AM
I live in Fort Wayne and Comcast has a Fox Sports Midwest. And they play almost all reds games. And when my friends were in school down there they had the same package as I do so you should be good if you get the sports package on Comcast.

chuck harmon
08-10-2012, 12:30 PM
I live in Bloomington and get all 145 Reds games on Fox Sports Cincinnati through Directv. Also I think thru Comcast you can get the Reds for fewer games on Fox Sports Ohio.

If it is possible I really recommend Directv because not only do they have Fox Sports Cincinnati but in that area you can also get Fox Sports Chicago.

Hope this helps

Hillsdale87
08-10-2012, 01:35 PM
I can't get a satellite dish though, so Direct TV won't work. I really wanted to get it, but the apartment complex has too many trees and I can't mount it on our townhouse.

rbwalter
08-11-2012, 03:10 PM
I live in Bloomington and Fox Sports is channel 61 on Comcast. That seems to have the majority of the Reds games.