PDA

View Full Version : Reds PR guy Jamie Ramsey might not be long for his job after today

Wonderful Monds
08-08-2012, 10:53 PM
http://deadspin.com/5933159/this-reds-media-guy-really--wanted-to-kick-someones-ass-after-todays-loss

Would be a shame, Jamie has always been good with fans from my POV.

Ironman92
08-08-2012, 11:03 PM
It won't load all the way. It goes blank as it gets to the good stuff.

redsfan1995
08-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Loaded all the way for me. Jamie seemed like he was frustrated.

Wonderful Monds
08-08-2012, 11:05 PM
It won't load all the way. It goes blank as it gets to the good stuff.

The basic culmination of what happened is Jamie got a little fed up with some idiot and while in his heated state sent a message to a guy who was giving him crap that read
"bring it big boy, id love to kick your ass in front of your 6 followers."

Who Dey Time
08-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Has to be frustrating to see these Internet tough guys tweet the same nonsense day in and day out despite the success the team is having (some Sundeckers can relate). Then to have that idiot call him the "Dusty d*** rider" was completely out of line. Jamie should kick his sorry ass.

ervinsm84
08-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Sucks if he loses his job over this, but if he's gonna represent the Reds he can't say things like that to people. Hopefully they just discipline him in some other minor way, he learns and moves on. He either needs a quicker trigger finger on the block button, or to just ignore those people.

mikdavrut
08-08-2012, 11:57 PM
That's too bad. I hope he doesn't lose his job. Heck, I actually typed out about 3 different responses (basically saying the same things in differing ways) before deciding to just leave it at "I hope he doesn't lose his job" as I didn't wanna read the various replies which might have possibly included any of the following within their discussion points: "yeah, but he should have known better", or "Yeah, but necessitated self-control is part of that job"....and of course, so on and so forth.

Good luck Jamie :thumbup:

redsfan1995
08-09-2012, 01:05 AM
According to his blog he is shutting down his twitter.

Krawhitham
08-09-2012, 01:37 AM
The "Big Mike" twitter account is suspended

Krawhitham
08-09-2012, 01:41 AM
According to his blog he is shutting down his twitter.

he has

https://twitter.com/Jamieblog

Larkin88
08-09-2012, 08:03 AM
This will be an interesting story to follow, I suppose.

Jamie was always very gracious and helpful in my interactions with him, and gave me some great pointers down in Spring Training about what to do after the Reds moved to Goodyear.

Supreme music taste, too.

Gotta say, it's surprising to see anyway. Obviously there is entirely different degrees of magnitude in the events here, but my reaction here is similar to when I heard quiet, old Marvin Harrison shot a guy.

Kinda like "huh?"

The_Mudshark
08-09-2012, 08:23 AM
he has

https://twitter.com/Jamieblog

Bummer, stuff like this is a great way to acquire more followers. Hopefully he does not lose his job.

Maybe he will pull a Dallas Latos and come back in three days.;)

bounty37h
08-09-2012, 10:15 AM
I dont have a problem with it, dude wants to run his mouth to him, he deserves what comes back his way. It wasnt pro way to handle it, but I dont care about it to be honest.

smixsell
08-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Brisco
08-09-2012, 11:27 AM
Sucks if he loses his job over this, but if he's gonna represent the Reds he can't say things like that to people. Hopefully they just discipline him in some other minor way, he learns and moves on. He either needs a quicker trigger finger on the block button, or to just ignore those people.

The dangers of twitter is that, unlike print media or a conversation in a bar, your communication is both instant and permanent.

BTW, about your signature, never take anything on House at the superficial level. It is a very well written show with it's constant secondary meanings. In this case, the statement is made to define religion rather than criticize it. Faith, by definition, is to accept the un-provable. House is going through a struggle, mirroring the conflict Holmes went through, of accepting the existence of something outside the confines of science. Because it mirrors the Holmes development, House is covertly a very religious show. (FYI Arthur Conan Doyle was a very spiritual man and it was the underlying spiritual message entwined within the Holmes stories that enhanced their popularity. To read Doyle books where the message is more obvert, try The White Company and Sir Nigel.)

Stray
08-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Rule 1 of the internet is to never take things personally. You can't let trolls or idiots get under your skin, that's all they're trying to do anyway.

He seems like a good dude, I hope he doesn't lose his job, but at the same time he's been doing this long enough to know better. It's not hard to ignore people, and it's even easier to walk away from your keyboard.

I will say this though, I see some of the stuff people tweet at Lance/Mo/Fay/Jamie and I'd be asking for a pay raise to do the social media aspect of their jobs. I doubt it's unique to Reds fans, but still, some of those people are terrible. It's embarrassing really.

ervinsm84
08-09-2012, 12:55 PM
The dangers of twitter is that, unlike print media or a conversation in a bar, your communication is both instant and permanent.

BTW, about your signature, never take anything on House at the superficial level. It is a very well written show with it's constant secondary meanings. In this case, the statement is made to define religion rather than criticize it. Faith, by definition, is to accept the un-provable. House is going through a struggle, mirroring the conflict Holmes went through, of accepting the existence of something outside the confines of science. Because it mirrors the Holmes development, House is covertly a very religious show. (FYI Arthur Conan Doyle was a very spiritual man and it was the underlying spiritual message entwined within the Holmes stories that enhanced their popularity. To read Doyle books where the message is more obvert, try The White Company and Sir Nigel.)

I'm pretty confident the character of House isn't exactly a very religious guy and never at any point accepted any remote form of the possibility of a god.

Gregory House On Religion - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJwhqhqBtbo)

redsfanhere
08-09-2012, 01:36 PM
thats what happens when you let your fingers do the walking bye jamie stay off of twitter in the future. just saying fans have rights to speak their minds too.

Stray
08-09-2012, 01:39 PM
thats what happens when you let your fingers do the walking bye jamie stay off of twitter in the future. just saying fans have rights to speak their minds too.

There's a pretty big difference between speaking your mind and baiting someone so you can run to Deadspin with your screencaps.

Who Dey Time
08-09-2012, 01:42 PM

Huge difference between a fan speaking his mind and a loser like "Big Mike" who said some pretty awful things to Jamie then ran to Deadspin for his 15 minutes when Ramsey finally had enough. Typical coward disguised as internet tough guy.

Stray
08-09-2012, 01:44 PM
His Twitter account is back up, just saw him posting stuff in my TL.

texasdave
08-09-2012, 01:56 PM
There's a pretty big difference between speaking your mind and baiting someone so you can run to Deadspin with your screencaps.

I think the point is that an assistant media director should know better than to take the bait. It reflects poorly on the organization. That being said, I don't think he should lose his job over something like this.

Stray
08-09-2012, 02:10 PM
I think the point is that an assistant media director should know better than to take the bait. It reflects poorly on the organization. That being said, I don't think he should lose his job over something like this.

I agree 100%. He made a mistake and should have known better.

fielder's choice
08-09-2012, 02:16 PM
I love twitter meltdowns.

redsfanhere
08-09-2012, 05:31 PM
I love twitter meltdowns.

me to hahaha

redsfanhere
08-09-2012, 05:34 PM
next time get up take a minute away from computer get a bite to eat with your family then come back and problem is solved

TheBigLebowski
08-09-2012, 05:52 PM
All twitter accounts - those owned by celebrities or people in the public eye - eventually will end up being shut down. What a horrible reflection on our culture that "twitter" can be considered any medium of media.

Brisco
08-09-2012, 07:02 PM
I'm pretty confident the character of House isn't exactly a very religious guy and never at any point accepted any remote form of the possibility of a god.

Gregory House On Religion - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJwhqhqBtbo)

Please reread my post and then I invite to read the original Sherlock Holmes manuscripts, as well as the producers comments on the character parallels.

Then re watch the series. In Gregory House the writers did an excellent job of having a character that combined total confidence and yet complete self doubt. He wanted to discard or decry anything that did not fit in his scientific paradigm, and yet at the same time he was constantly troubled that he was missing something fundamental. A perfect example of this juxtaposition was the finger grab. Like Holmes, the writers created a character with disdain for anything not logically explainable, and like Holmes, they filled the character with self-doubt, misery, addictive avoidance and ultimately self-destructive behavior.

ervinsm84
08-09-2012, 07:07 PM
Being loosely based on a character, doesn't = House came to any form of a realization about god.

cooperlamar
08-09-2012, 07:49 PM
All twitter accounts - those owned by celebrities or people in the public eye - eventually will end up being shut down. What a horrible reflection on our culture that "twitter" can be considered any medium of media.

That's just silly. People probably said the same thing about online reporting and blogs 10-15 years ago. This is technological progress and if anything it will become more prevalent.

Brisco
08-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Being loosely based on a character, doesn't = House came to any form of a realization about god.

Again, step one, please reread my post. I have never talked about any realization, but rather a struggle. House, like Holmes, is a tool for a message. For example when the moviemaker presents a character as an alcoholic and then has that persons life fall apart, the message is alcoholism is bad. Doyle,and the House writers, introduced characters literally addicted to Worldly mystery and evincing disdain for the otherworldly. Then both Holmes and House die in despair. Granted, they then added a Hollywood ending, just like Doyle did, though his was years later.

The message of House was that his predilection with only science was clearly wrong... When it persisted the character was miserable. As I said , the show was about a spiritual struggle, but it provided no answers other than that to rely on science alone was to live in misery.