PDA

View Full Version : Reds STILL in first place

Trajinous
08-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Remember that. The losing streak sucks but the Reds have gone 19-8 since the All-Star break. All without Votto and BP missing some games too.

Captain13
08-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Amen to that. If the Reds take two of the next three, they will finish the roadie 3-4 which is bad, but not terrible. And still be in first place.

smixsell
08-10-2012, 12:45 PM
Spot on.

Red Buckeye
08-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the reminder. And you're right as hard as the last five games have been, we are still #1. Still 20 games or more over .500.

But they really need to start playing better and they need to win the next 3 against the Cubs.

MrRedLegger
08-10-2012, 01:54 PM
And how different would most opinions be
if at first Reds lost eight but then won nineteen?
No matter the order, most will agree
a lead is a lead, what a good place to be!

Trajinous
08-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Phew, I'm glad to see the positive feedback. It can get oppressingly negative around here at times. This is of one the best Reds seasons in my lifetime! I'm ecstatic and can't wait for Votto to return.

Maker_84
08-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Cubs had 5 errors today and Reds still had problems winning the game

Trajinous
08-10-2012, 06:31 PM

Still won, still in first. :beerme:

jback76
08-10-2012, 06:38 PM
I didn't get to see the game today but it sure sounded like an ugly ugly game. That is until Chapman came in and took care of business. 1st place for at least a few more days.

Wonderful Monds
08-10-2012, 06:42 PM

Those happen. It's been a rough week. If the takeaway is supposed to be this is not a good team or that we should not be in first place, I can't get aboard with that.

I didn't agree with holding at the deadline, but not because this isn't a good maybe even great team.

Trajinous
08-10-2012, 11:34 PM
Pirates and Cardinals lose. Gain .5 game. NL Central lead now 3.5

This is a good team.

WDE
08-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Phew, I'm glad to see the positive feedback. It can get oppressingly negative around here at times. This is of one the best Reds seasons in my lifetime! I'm ecstatic and can't wait for Votto to return.

Unfortunately, you will have to wait a little more!:(

jback76
08-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Hopefully we can hang on to first for a couple of more weeks. Till Votto's return.

WDE
08-11-2012, 03:56 PM
Hopefully we can hang on to first for a couple of more weeks. Till Votto's return.

Well, this team has shown this year that they can do anything, including playing well without Votto. The key to these next couple weeks until Votto's return will be Bruce. If he can get hot, we will be tough to beat! However, if he continues this cold streak, it will certainly be tougher!

jback76
08-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Well, this team has shown this year that they can do anything, including playing well without Votto. The key to these next couple weeks until Votto's return will be Bruce. If he can get hot, we will be tough to beat! However, if he continues this cold streak, it will certainly be tougher!

To tell you the truth I hope Bruce will get hot. I've always been a big Jay Bruce fan, but I have been waiting since May of 2011 for him to get hot again. I have zero confidence that it will happen.

PumpFak3First
08-11-2012, 10:01 PM
To tell you the truth I hope Bruce will get hot. I've always been a big Jay Bruce fan, but I have been waiting since May of 2011 for him to get hot again. I have zero confidence that it will happen.

If you follow his yearly trends month to month Bruce should be picking it up right about now and getting on a hot streak.

Trajinous
08-13-2012, 03:21 PM
19-8 since Votto went down.

4.5 ahead of Pitt
7 ahead of St. Louis

boiseheidleberg
08-13-2012, 05:00 PM
If you follow his yearly trends month to month Bruce should be picking it up right about now and getting on a hot streak.

That would be nice but I'm beginning to wonder if this is what Jay Bruce is. Hot and cold and hot and cold. No in between. I can't recall two players that run on such extremes as Bruce and Stubbs.

Trajinous
08-13-2012, 05:57 PM
That would be nice but I'm beginning to wonder if this is what Jay Bruce is. Hot and cold and hot and cold. No in between. I can't recall two players that run on such extremes as Bruce and Stubbs.

Unbelieveably, Bruce is only 25. He has a year or two before hitting his prime. It's a bummer, he's not the Trout/Harper/Frazier type where he's consistently good. Overall, Bruce is a borderline All-Star every year... I'll take that every year.

boiseheidleberg
08-13-2012, 08:41 PM
Seems like he's been around longer than he has. I remember a post somewhere about how the Reds gave up on Paul O'Neil too soon and then he went to NY and had all those good years. I would happily take an O'Neil like career out of Bruce. Especially all those rings.

jback76
08-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Unbelieveably, Bruce is only 25. He has a year or two before hitting his prime. It's a bummer, he's not the Trout/Harper/Frazier type where he's consistently good. Overall, Bruce is a borderline All-Star every year... I'll take that every year.

You're right, a lot of it has to do with my own expectations for Bruce. After his last part year in AAA I had visions of a .300+ avg, 25-35 HR, and 100 Rbi's year after year guy. I guess it's time to part with that fantasy.