PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Valentine

EMAW
08-15-2012, 12:03 AM
Looks like a mutiny in Boston, probably his last managing job after this fiasco.
Will Francona go back? Maybe Torre?

arkimadee
08-15-2012, 12:50 AM
Francona needs to go back. He's the right fit for that place and won 2 world series there. Who cares about last year

texasdave
08-15-2012, 07:55 AM
If the clubhouse is toxic, which a number of folks feel it is, then who let it get that way? Terry Francona. Maybe it was inevitable. Not sure why you would want to put him back in charge again.

Red Buckeye
08-15-2012, 10:28 AM
:laugh:Personally, I find it delightful and hilarious when a $170 million payrolled MLB team is going through what the Red Sux are going through.

Trajinous
08-15-2012, 11:21 AM
If the clubhouse is toxic, which a number of folks feel it is, then who let it get that way? Terry Francona. Maybe it was inevitable. Not sure why you would want to put him back in charge again.

I don't understand how Francona let it get toxic? Boston fans are the worse and blame everyone/anything other than the player's performances when they fail. The Francona firing was a knee-jerk reaction and the completely wrong decision.

With that said, this is hilarious!

Todd Gack
08-15-2012, 11:24 AM
:laugh:personally, i find it delightful and hilarious when a $170 million payrolled mlb team is going through what the red sux are going through.

we need a salary cap!

TSJ55
08-15-2012, 07:07 PM
Boston is my favorite AL team and I haven't been able to stomach B. Valentine from the word "go". I kinda liked him as an analyst but he came into that (possibly already tainted) clubhouse and immedietly divided it with his comments about Youk. Dude is an arrogant clown fixated on himself and nothing beyond.

I hope the Boston 1) Gets rid of BV at the end of season. 2) Gets to the bottom of what's ailing them as an organization quickly.

Ironman92
08-15-2012, 09:32 PM
As bad as he is....how can he be blamed for big dollar MVP Pedroia sucking....Beckett and Lester...awful.

EMAW
08-16-2012, 12:14 AM
Two people (Bob Nightengale and Junior Brewbeck) have written recently the Red Sox need a cross between Francona and Bobby V. Both mentioned Dusty as the guy.

TSJ55
08-16-2012, 07:03 AM
As bad as he is....how can he be blamed for big dollar MVP Pedroia sucking....Beckett and Lester...awful.

He isn't 100% to blame but that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. 25 ball players, 1 manager, what's easier to fix? Guys aren't going to play for someone they don't respect and BV hasn't done anything to earn that respect. In fact he's done just the opposite.