PDA

View Full Version : Jaime Garcia returns for Redbirds

SWIndRed
08-16-2012, 10:35 AM
Per reports, Jaime Garcia will start on the mound for the Cards on Sunday against the Pirates. The Cardinals are a dangerous team coming down the stretch and if they make the play-offs, they will be a tough out.

I'm still confident the Reds can hang on down the stretch, but I hate seeing our last 6 games on the road against the Cards and Pirates.

webbbj
08-16-2012, 11:04 AM
im not worried at all about them.

DocRed
08-16-2012, 12:42 PM
im not worried at all about them.

You should be...

arkimadee
08-16-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm hoping we will have clinched before the last week of the season

webbbj
08-16-2012, 01:13 PM
You should be...

why?

Stray
08-16-2012, 01:40 PM
The Cards have a couple of series against the Nats, a couple of series against Pittsburgh, a couple of series against us, and a series out in LA. If they win a WC it'll be well deserved. As for the division race, neither the Pirates or the Cardinals worry me.

BurgervilleBuck
08-16-2012, 01:52 PM
You should be...

why?

Because panic!

justincredible
08-16-2012, 03:00 PM
The Cards have a couple of series against the Nats, a couple of series against Pittsburgh, a couple of series against us, and a series out in LA. If they win a WC it'll be well deserved. As for the division race, neither the Pirates or the Cardinals worry me.

Their roadtrip to finish out August/start September is pretty rough.

3 @ CIN
3 @ PIT
4 @ WAS

Pitt might not put up much of a challenge at that point but that trip could easily make or break their season. They aren't a great road team (28-30) and the three teams they face are all 10+ games over .500 at home.

smixsell
08-16-2012, 03:19 PM

Spot on. If we fail to win the division it will be because we fall apart, not because the Cards or Pirates play lights out baseball. And I don't expect us, barring a plague of injuries, to fall apart.

PS Even last season, with the Cardinals a much better team than this season's version, it was ATLANTA'S TOTAL COLLAPSE more than anything else, which was responsible for the Card's "coming back" and sneaking in.

jback76
08-16-2012, 03:41 PM
I would still sleep better if we went into those last 6 games with at least a 7 game lead.

HometownHero
08-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Just glad they took out Kelly rather than Lynn. Lynn has had a ERA over four and a half after his fluke 6-0, 1.40 start. We really need them to stumble on that 10 game trip justincredible mentioned as well as their 4 game series n LA because they don't have much in their way other than that.