PDA

View Full Version : Craig>Votto?

WDE
08-26-2012, 06:20 PM
I saw a place where a lot of Cardinals fans think Craig is a better player/hitter than Votto. They said they would rather have Craig if they were able to pick. Craig is having a great year, don't get me wrong, but I mean, c'mon, that is a bit ridculous to say Craig is a better player than Votto. You guys agree?

HometownHero
08-26-2012, 06:55 PM
Cardinals fans are the worst. If we traded them straight up over night Votto would be the best by morning and they would be talking about how Craig's hot run is about to cool off and breaking down all his flaws while calling him injury prone.

I remember reading their site when there was talk of trading Rasmus and thats exactly how it went. As most of the same people who said the Cardinals would never be stupid enough to trade someone of Rasmus talent one night were then talking how such a great trade it was the next afternoon and how Rasmus was never going to be any good. They turned on Ludwick as soon as he left as a fan favorite and done the same with Albert as the face of the franchise.

They went from saying people were fools for questioning Pujols' age to saying how smart it was to let him leave since they didn't know how old he was.

I Recall how they knocked all of our prospects up until we traded them for Latos then Walt was a fool for blowing up our system and how he was outdated as a GM giving away so much talent. I swear we could give them Stubbs and they would have him built up as the greatest thing since sliced bread before he even put on the jersey.

Australian Red
08-26-2012, 06:57 PM
Simple case of supporting one of your own really.

jback76
08-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Simple case of supporting one of your own really.

Exactly, if Votto was in St.Louis I'm sure it would be the other way around.

R_Webb18
08-26-2012, 07:12 PM
well since i think votto is the best hitter in the nl id take votto

Mutaman
08-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Craig has an unfair advantage- he gets to hit against Bailey.

chuck6660
08-26-2012, 07:40 PM
At this moment Craig is the better player...what has Votto done for the Reds lately??

Now if Joey returns healthy then that's another story...Gold glove winning 1B with a .342 BA, OPS + 1.060, it's no contest.

BluegrassRedleg
08-26-2012, 07:47 PM
Not even worth dignifying with a response.

TDogg
08-26-2012, 09:08 PM
Craig has boundless potential, Votto is proven. As a Cardinals fan since 1967, my vote goes to Votto. In 2017 my vote may change. In 2012...Votto.

Ironman92
08-26-2012, 09:29 PM
We had this thread in April but it was Austin Kearns instead.

cw0802
08-26-2012, 10:24 PM
Cardinals fans are the worst. If we traded them straight up over night Votto would be the best by morning and they would be talking about how Craig's hot run is about to cool off and breaking down all his flaws while calling him injury prone.

I remember reading their site when there was talk of trading Rasmus and thats exactly how it went. As most of the same people who said the Cardinals would never be stupid enough to trade someone of Rasmus talent one night were then talking how such a great trade it was the next afternoon and how Rasmus was never going to be any good. They turned on Ludwick as soon as he left as a fan favorite and done the same with Albert as the face of the franchise.

They went from saying people were fools for questioning Pujols' age to saying how smart it was to let him leave since they didn't know how old he was.

I Recall how they knocked all of our prospects up until we traded them for Latos then Walt was a fool for blowing up our system and how he was outdated as a GM giving away so much talent. I swear we could give them Stubbs and they would have him built up as the greatest thing since sliced bread before he even put on the jersey.

Don't take Cards talk as the way most Cardinal fans think.

Craig is hardly the caliber of Votto, now. Craig has done nothing but produce since he came up. But, were we to have a choice right now, Votto would get the nod.

As for Rasmus, before he came up, no way would we have thought about trading him. He was producing at a high level in AAA and considered a 5 tool player. Once he got to the bigs, he was unwilling to make adjustments and chose to listen to his dad over the cards coaching staff. He wouldn't even try some of the suggestions. His unwillingness to adjust and his lackadaisical attitude turned off the fans. Enter Jon Jay who played hard and adjusted much better than Rasmus. Eventually there was a rumor going around that Rasmus blasted the Cardinals and La Russa. Pujols took it upon himself to confront Rasmus without knowing the story. Pujols was in the wrong but who's going to win out in the end? Things quickly declined between Rasmus and the Cards and he was traded soon after. Personally, I always though he would be great, just not under La Russa and Pujols. I was glad he was traded because I thought it was best for him and the Cardinals....maybe your Stubbs will need the same thing?

I always thought Pujols was older than he said. I've got no proof to back that up. All those who scream PEDs, I'll disagree. But as for his age, hes older.

So in closing, Craig has a buzz around him now. He produces with RISP hits the ball a ton and can play multiple positions. But is he better than Votto? Not now...only time will tell.

HometownHero
08-26-2012, 11:12 PM
Craig has boundless potential, Votto is proven. As a Cardinals fan since 1967, my vote goes to Votto. In 2017 my vote may change. In 2012...Votto.

Why would your vote change in 2017, Craig is only 10 months younger?

At the same Age as Craig is now Votto stats looked like.

.313/.405/.550/.955 for JV in 2225 AB
.304/.359/.544/.904 for AC in 641 AB

HR
119 for JV
35 for AC

RBI
401 for JV
129 for AC

XBH
281 for JV
84 for AC

Hits
696 for JV
195 for AC

SB
36 for JV
6 for AC

MVP
1 for JV
0 for AC

All-Star
2 for JV
0 for AC

Gold Gloves
1 for JV
0 for AC

TDogg
08-26-2012, 11:30 PM
Because Craig has yet to play a full season. By 2017 he will have a body of work. Or not. I'm not disrespecting Votto at all. Right now any Cardinal fan picking Craig over Votto is a homer. Nothing wrong with being a homer. Just look at Pujols vs Votto. When Joey came up, comparing him and albert was absurd. Today, not so much.

HometownHero
08-26-2012, 11:50 PM
Because Craig has yet to play a full season. By 2017 he will have a body of work. Or not. I'm not disrespecting Votto at all. Right now any Cardinal fan picking Craig over Votto is a homer. Nothing wrong with being a homer. Just look at Pujols vs Votto. When Joey came up, comparing him and albert was absurd. Today, not so much.

Votto will still be better then Craig for the rest of their career since they are so close in age as well as Joey being proven playing every day not getting hand picked starts for most of his career. Also Pujols to Votto isn't even remotely reasonable because they have large gaps in age, when they were the same age Pujols blew him away.

TDogg
08-27-2012, 07:50 AM
OK. Your mind is made up. No need to continue this conversation. But for the record, people WERE comparing Albert and Joey during the past MVP conversation, regardless of their ages...just saying. Good luck to you Reds the rest of the way. Baseball is always enjoyable during a pennant (and wild card) race.

boiseheidleberg
08-27-2012, 11:27 AM
Nothing wrong with sticking up for your guy.