PDA

View Full Version : scary lineup day today?

Biff Pocoroba
08-29-2012, 09:44 AM
Even with the day off tomorrow, I could see some combination of Rolen, Phillips, Frazier, Ludwick, Hanigan and Stubbs getting a day off today.

Is the following possible?

Cozart
Heisey
Bruce
Frazier
Paul
Cairo
Valdez
Navarro
Latos (would actually move him up to sixth in this lineup)

Bob Sheed
08-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Even with the day off tomorrow, I could see some combination of Rolen, Phillips, Frazier, Ludwick, Hanigan and Stubbs getting a day off today.

Cozart
Heisey
Bruce
Frazier
Paul
Cairo
Valdez
Navarro

Dude, I like the lineup dude. CF and SS bat 1 and 2, dude. Dude, it's in the book, dude. -The Dude

OGB
08-29-2012, 10:06 AM

Cozart
Heisey
Bruce
Frazier
Paul
Cairo
Valdez
Navarro

I don't see Phillips getting the day off, because he's had one pretty recently and he has also had time off in the second half for injuries. He generally doesn't sit many times over the course of a season. Also, I don't see why Hannigan would be taken off Latos who he has caught all year long.
I do see Paul getting a start and Valdez at third or Cairo at first.

texasdave
08-29-2012, 10:16 AM
The Snake's starter, Patrick Corbin, is left handed. However, he has struggled against lefties this year (.869) and has handled righties pretty well (.654). So, there is probably a reasonable chance that Paul gets a start. My guess at the lineup is:

Cozart
Stubbs
Phillips
Bruce
Frazier
Paul
Cairo
Hanigan
Latos

The Diamondbacks trotted out three left-handed pitchers against a Reds club that basically has just one left-handed batter in Jay Bruce. Sucks for them. The three southpaws are all under the age of 25.

redsfanhere
08-29-2012, 10:18 AM
i wish they didnt have valdez seen him miss 2 balls that cozart would have caught and save those games.defiently not impressed with this guy waste of bench space in my opinion

Biff Pocoroba
08-29-2012, 10:26 AM
[QUOTE=OGB;2721000]I don't see Phillips getting the day off, because he's had one pretty recently and he has also had time off in the second half for injuries. He generally doesn't sit many times over the course of a season. Also, I don't see why Hannigan would be taken off Latos who he has caught all year long.QUOTE]

You are probably right about Phillips, though I'd be surprised to see Hanigan in the starting lineup given that he's started the past three games and this is a day game following a night game.

Who Dey Time
08-29-2012, 11:32 AM
Best record in MLB. Dusty could bat Latos 4th and he still should not get criticized. Ridiculous.

Red in Atl
08-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Can X. Paul play CF? Seems like Heisey hasn't been getting much chance lately and Stubbs clearly should be playing in a Softball league somewhere. Just wondering...

Biff Pocoroba
08-29-2012, 11:42 AM
Best record in MLB. Dusty could bat Latos 4th and he still should not get criticized. Ridiculous.

who criticized Dusty in this thread? It certainly wasn't my intent to criticize him - I was just pointing out that today seems like a natural day to give a few guys the day off. It's not a criticism of Dusty to observe that our bench players ain't exactly tearing it up.

bounty37h
08-29-2012, 11:57 AM
Think Phillips commented last game off that it was his last one going down the stretch.

Mitri
08-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Cozart looking fatigued, even with a rest for the first game of this series. Wouldn't be surprised to see him sit again to get two days of in a row. And when he returns, a move down to the 7 spot in the order.

Stubbs' last 3 starts, all against LH starters: 1-15, 1BB, 7 Ks. I think we've all seen enough. Give Heisey the full-time job, please.

Stray
08-29-2012, 12:29 PM
Gotta sit Rolen to get him two days in a row. Valdez at 3rd or Cairo at 1st. Paul in LF.

That's my guess.