PDA

View Full Version : August 29th... Great morning to be...

Brisco
08-29-2012, 10:08 AM
... A Reds fan.

With 79 wins we have equaled our 2011 win total with over a month left and we currently sit with the best record in baseball.

...just sitting back and enjoying the ride!
:beerme:

Trajinous
08-29-2012, 10:51 AM
... A Reds fan.

With 79 wins we have equaled our 2011 win total with over a month left and we currently sit with the best record in baseball.

...just sitting back and enjoying the ride!
:beerme:

Aaaaaaaaaamen, brotha!

Maker_84
08-29-2012, 11:26 AM
I dont want the #1 seed

MrRedLegger
08-29-2012, 11:47 AM
Don't forget Cueto has the most wins of any pitcher in the NL!

Captain13
08-29-2012, 11:53 AM
I live in Louisville, KY where we had the Red Sox AAA team until the 70's, the Cardinals AAA team throught the 80's and 90's and the Brewers AAA for two brief seasons before becoming the home to the Reds AAA affiliate; although this is Reds Country there is a lot mixed allegience in this area (not to mention Cubs and Braves fans due to WGN and WTBS, respectively). That said, for the last three weeks I have noticed Reds gear almost everywhere I have gone. I've seen it at work, at the State Fair, at HS football games, on the golf course. Everyone seems to be jumping on the bandwagon, and I LOVE IT.

bigredmechanism
08-29-2012, 01:22 PM
I dont want the #1 seed

I do. I'd rather play a WC team that has burned a starter/bullpen than a fresh team. It's a road game regardless.

For the 2012 Postseason only, the five-game Division Series will begin with two home games for lower seeds, followed by up to three home games for higher seeds. This one-year change, which eliminates a travel day prior to a decisive Game Five of the Division Series, was necessary because the 2012 regular season schedule was established before the agreement on the new Postseason format was reached. Next year, the Division Series will return to the 2-2-1 format used in previous years.

Source (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?c_id=mlb&content_id=36405618&vkey=pr_mlb&ymd=20120809)

webbbj
08-29-2012, 05:06 PM
i want the #1 seed. regardless of order we get 3 home games and home field would be huge if we faced the the NATs in the NLCS.

cooperlamar
08-29-2012, 06:28 PM
i want the #1 seed. regardless of order we get 3 home games and home field would be huge if we faced the the NATs in the NLCS.

Agreed and we'd most likely avoid a west coast road trip as well.

Maker_84
08-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Agreed and we'd most likely avoid a west coast road trip as well.

thats true but at the same time the Giants are not as good as the cards or braves also having the #1 seed adds pressure to the team

smixsell
08-29-2012, 07:04 PM
I'm enjoying it too, BIG TIME :)

We have a solid pitching staff from top to bottom and the best bullpen in baseball as well. Our effort and intensity level is much higher than last year, and is finally satisfactory to me. :)

We are a MUCH better team than we were when we won the Central in 2010, and legitimate World Championship contenders IMO. :beerme:

AND......our team core is young and AOK for many years to come. :thumbup:

chuck6660
08-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Well it's 0845 in the morning in Seoul, Korea and I'm having a great day, regardless of typhoon Bolaven, Thank you Chris Heisey, Dionar Navarro, Mat Latos and BP :)

Great day to be a Reds Fan, 80-52 :beerme:

Mr Larkin
08-30-2012, 07:40 AM
thats true but at the same time the Giants are not as good as the cards or braves also having the #1 seed adds pressure to the team

In this situation I would love to enter the mix as the #1. Pressure is there regardless and I would love to go into the postseason as the favorite with home field wrapped up.

scott91575
08-30-2012, 08:34 AM
In this situation I would love to enter the mix as the #1. Pressure is there regardless and I would love to go into the postseason as the favorite with home field wrapped up.

Sadly the divisional setup sucks for the Reds. I would rather see Cueto pitch twice at home with Arroyo/Bailey on the road instead of Arroyo/Bailey getting home starts where both are significantly worse.