PDA

View Full Version : Janish name Defensive Player of the Month

Trajinous
08-31-2012, 02:03 PM
I was listening to Baseball Today and Paul Janish was named the best defender of the month. He apparently had one "mistake" and that was colliding with Chipper on a flyball.

I'm glad the guy is starting and doing well. Personally, I'd rather have him over Cairo but happy with Redmond as a possible future starter.

thorn
08-31-2012, 03:21 PM
Defense has never been a problem, how is that Bat doing by the way?

texasdave
08-31-2012, 03:25 PM

They don't call him Soft J for nothing. :)

Trajinous
08-31-2012, 03:29 PM

Haha, Janish's avg is 30 points higher and 70 points higher in obp. Which should show how ridiculously bad Cairo has been.

thorn
08-31-2012, 03:45 PM
Cairo has a history of success (Relative to Utility Players) posting an OPS north of .700 the last 3 years, can play multiple positions including 1st (Has Janish played 1st?) and a better 3rd (3B was a more pressing issue than SS or 2B coming into the season). He was a lot safer bet coming into the season than Janish. But Yea, debating players with OPS's of .512 and .449 is hardly worth the text, I know, slow day indeed.

Trajinous
08-31-2012, 04:01 PM
Cairo has a history of success (Relative to Utility Players) posting an OPS north of .700 the last 3 years, can play multiple positions including 1st (Has Janish played 1st?) and a better 3rd (3B was a more pressing issue than SS or 2B coming into the season). He was a lot safer bet coming into the season than Janish. But Yea, debating players with OPS's of .512 and .449 is hardly worth the text, I know, slow day indeed.

Hahaha, it's one of the joys when your team's one of the best in the league! I think it's all worked out, I have zero confidence in Cairo and about 5% in Valdez. We could use an upgrade.

Ironman92
08-31-2012, 04:51 PM
They don't call him Soft J for nothing. :)

They also don't give him 650 plate appearances at the top of the lineup

Ironman92
08-31-2012, 04:55 PM

Players also have a history of getting old and slow. They both stink on offense and Janish is superior on defense.....no way could he play 1st...lol, the position Adam Dunn has zero errors at the past 50 games. Janish would've gotten to a few of those balls Cairo didn't.

Plus Janish is a superior pitcher. Lol...and he looks like Jimmy Kimmel.