View Full Version : September Call Ups

Who Dey Time
08-31-2012, 04:39 PM
Gregorius, Ondrusek, Phipps and Rodriguez to be promoted tomorrow

Mesoraco Sunday

Redmond and Villarreal on Tuesday

Trajinous
08-31-2012, 04:42 PM
Why isn't Hamilton being considered? I haven't heard a reason other than "he isn't." What's wrong with having great pinch runner on the bench?

Red Buckeye
08-31-2012, 04:45 PM
You know, I know bringing Hamilton up might be considered "gimmicky" by the Reds, but it's a gimmick I would love to see! I'm never going to see him live where he currently plays, but I would really enjoy seeing him steal some bags in person.

His debut would probably be a sellout.

Ironman92
08-31-2012, 04:47 PM
Screw gimmicks....he's the most feared baserunner since Vince Coleman.

IamRV
08-31-2012, 04:54 PM
Why isn't Hamilton being considered? I haven't heard a reason other than "he isn't." What's wrong with having great pinch runner on the bench?

For promotion to the bigs one must be on the 40 man roster. Hamilton is not.

jback76
08-31-2012, 05:01 PM

Mesoraco Sunday

Looking forward to seeing Gregorius and glad to see Mesoraco back. The others, meh, not so much. Redmond I've already seen enough of.

Tuff Nut
08-31-2012, 06:39 PM
But isn't there a spot open?(Costanzo)?......How hard is it to put someone on the 40 man?......Can't be rocket science.............then again we are talking about the Reds FO.

Trajinous
08-31-2012, 06:41 PM
If Hamilton is not on the 40-man, PUT HIM IN!

He's more valuable than than anyone else in AAA. You could argue Stubbs could be the pinch runner and be wasting a spot but that's assuming Bruce in CF/Frazier in LF. That's not gonna happen.

Tuff Nut
08-31-2012, 06:45 PM
Why isn't Hamilton being considered? I haven't heard a reason other than "he isn't." What's wrong with having great pinch runner on the bench? They don't want him to show up Drew, just yet.(much to my disappointment)

PhatHead
08-31-2012, 07:36 PM
If you put him on the 40 man roster, you can't take him back off without going through waivers. If he isn't major league ready and won't be next year, then you would have to take up a 40 man roster spot all of next season. Plus it starts his arbitration clock. While I'd love to see him, we don't need him...... yet.

50YrRedsFan
08-31-2012, 07:56 PM

Mesoraco Sunday

Not much help here...only warm bodies to give the regulars some time off before the playoffs.

dubc47834
08-31-2012, 08:30 PM
If you put him on the 40 man roster, you can't take him back off without going through waivers. If he isn't major league ready and won't be next year, then you would have to take up a 40 man roster spot all of next season. Plus it starts his arbitration clock. While I'd love to see him, we don't need him...... yet.

Plus if he doesnt make the big league club out of spring training...they would have to use one of his options to send him back down.

gedred69
09-01-2012, 02:15 AM
Most importantly, for the future, he will be playing in AFL, and, apparently the baseball Gods have been listening, he will be playing-------in the outfield!! If he adapts, and his bat keeps pace, say hello to the new CF about May-June next year.

Krawhitham
09-01-2012, 02:35 AM

Because they do not what to start his arbitration clock

Krawhitham
09-01-2012, 02:38 AM

That is not an issue, move Bray from 15 day to 60 day DL

Krawhitham
09-01-2012, 02:40 AM
WE NEED CORKY

1 day gets him a year of MLB healthcare

he can clear waivers to get him off the 40 man for next season

OGB
09-01-2012, 04:11 AM

I didn't realize this until recently and it completely sold me on not bringing him up under any circumstance. It would be idiotic to start the arbitration clock on a guy who probably isn't ready for the bigs until 2014. If you want a pinch runner, Gregorious and HRod both have pretty good speed. Not Hamilton territory, but better than the Reds current bench.