PDA

View Full Version : With the lead nearing 10 games...

DaytonFlyer
09-01-2012, 09:15 AM
...is anyone worried that we will be "coasting" a bit too much into the postseason?

I am. I thought one of the 2 teams behind us would make us work a bit, but it seems as if they are both fading as they play a tough schedule.

Who Dey Time
09-01-2012, 09:20 AM
...is anyone worried that we will be "coasting" a bit too much into the postseason?

I am. I thought one of the 2 teams behind us would make us work a bit, but it seems as if they are both fading as they play a tough schedule.

Not me. First you now have the opportunity to give guys like Votto, Rolen and Ludwick a couple extra days off. This should be a relatively fresh team heading into October.

Also, I think this team really wants to prove itself in the playoffs. I'm pretty certain that most of them are still smarting/a bit embarrassed about how the Philadelphia series went in 2010.

Plus, they are just a very good team this season.

thorn
09-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Plus playing for the best record in baseball is a goal I am sure they would like to accomplish.

Stray
09-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Dusty has done a good job at keeping the team focused, I'm not worried about it. Even last night against a really bad team you could see the guys busting it out of the box and hustling all over the place. We also have really good leadership with Votto and Rolen....I think they'll stay hungry going into the playoffs.

WDE
09-01-2012, 11:47 AM
I'm not. I think we are the best team in baseball, and that won't change.

justincredible
09-01-2012, 04:12 PM
I'm not worried at all. This team is on a mission.

The Rage
09-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Nope, this team is on a mission: Cueto,Arroyo,Latos,Leake. All these guys care a bunch. Leake has struggled more than I would have liked, but he fights so hard. They make a very determined and willful starting rotation.

jwmann2
09-01-2012, 06:04 PM
I'm anxious to see how the Nationals look the rest of the season. I think they will be our biggest foe in the National League and they've had our number this year though it was at the very beginning of the year.

Ironman92
09-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Nah....doesn't matter.

EDDTYWROL

HometownHero
09-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Just worried about seeing the Cardinals in a short series.

MrRedLegger
09-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Giving regulars days off in baseball does a world of good, especially before the playoffs. It's not like football when if a player sits he doesn't play for two weeks, it's a matter of a day or two in MLB.

Who Dey Time
09-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Just worried about seeing the Cardinals in a short series.

Really? We hadn't noticed.

dubc47834
09-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Nope, this team is on a mission: Cueto,Arroyo,Latos,Leake. All these guys care a bunch. Leake has struggled more than I would have liked, but he fights so hard. They make a very determined and willful starting rotation.

So Bailey doesn't care? Get a life you ?#%^!!!!!!

smixsell
09-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Not me. First you now have the opportunity to give guys like Votto, Rolen and Ludwick a couple extra days off. This should be a relatively fresh team heading into October.

Also, I think this team really wants to prove itself in the playoffs. I'm pretty certain that most of them are still smarting/a bit embarrassed about how the Philadelphia series went in 2010.

Plus, they are just a very good team this season.

I agree.

And NOT ONLY do they want to prove themselves after 2010, but the quite simply, this team finally REALLY WANTS TO WIN.

It's that simple. And it's a sight for sore eyes. :) It's beautiful baby! :beerme:

smixsell
09-03-2012, 12:44 PM

Spot on.

smixsell
09-03-2012, 12:46 PM
I'm not worried at all. This team is on a mission.

Also spot on.