PDA

View Full Version : My favorite memory of this summer is...

P.E.R#14
09-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Joey Votto hitting three home runs including a walk-off grand slam.

(Though my favorite moment is somewhere between 6 and ~15 days from now!)

What is yours?

Go Reds!!

Mutaman
09-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Sitting in the cheap seats in Yankee Stadium, watching Chapman save the Sunday win, and clearly hearing a loud "pow" echo throughout the park every time the ball hit Hannigan's mitt.

MrRedLegger
09-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Reds vs Cards game 3 on Sunday Night Baseball.

Great American Ball Park is sold out and the game is tied entering the bottom of the 8th. With two outs and the bases loaded, Scott Rolen hits a line drive just out of 2nd baseman Daniel Descalo's reach and Votto and Phillips score to take the lead.

Going into the top of the 9th, Chapman strikes out the first two and has two strikes on Furcal. At this point, the entire crowd is on their feet chanting the same word in unison: "Sweep!"

In one 100 mph pitch Furcal swings and whiffs the pitch. The stadium erupts as the Reds have just swept the St. Louis Cardinals.

With all of America watching.

texasdave
09-12-2012, 02:52 PM
10 in a row leading to this.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzhrokNhxo524E5x7AvaYOtqhu5oE7C lBGA0ILx_t6ERvsNFPY

Helms1
09-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Band camp.

justincredible
09-12-2012, 03:09 PM
The Ludwick walk-off game vs St Louis. I'm the guy in the gray Charlie Hustle shirt in the first row above to Luddy's right hand. Oh yeah, the ticket was free also. :)

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1121743/148345917_extra_large_medium.jpg

This was my view.

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/5830/20120714194204.jpg

texasdave
09-12-2012, 03:11 PM
The Ludwick walk-off game vs St Louis. I'm the guy in the gray Charlie Hustle shirt in the first row above to Luddy's right hand. Oh yeah, the ticket was free also. :)

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1121743/148345917_extra_large_medium.jpg

Sweet.

justincredible
09-12-2012, 03:12 PM
10 in a row leading to this.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzhrokNhxo524E5x7AvaYOtqhu5oE7C lBGA0ILx_t6ERvsNFPY

This was an awesome moment, as well.

Biff Pocoroba
09-12-2012, 04:15 PM
Todd Frazier's walk-off homer against the Braves comes to mind.

Red Buckeye
09-12-2012, 04:21 PM
The angry look on the Pirates players faces when we beaned them twice in 2 games and the umpire told them not to retaliate. That had to be a frusterating series for them, and I loved it!

Ironman92
09-12-2012, 10:30 PM
Joey Votto hitting three home runs including a walk-off grand slam.

(Though my favorite moment is somewhere between 6 and ~15 days from now!)

What is yours?

Go Reds!!

We were their in the 2nd row in front of the stacks....but the insane delay and school the next day....we left after 9...heard the walk-off 3rd HR on the way home.

Mr Larkin
09-12-2012, 10:45 PM
The day we clinch - coming very soon!

Phoenix2
09-13-2012, 12:11 PM
Think I agree with the post about beating the Cards on Sunday Night baseball. I saw the Reds in San Diego in July but it was a bad game. Saw the Reds in AZ and they won both games but it was pretty much over. Hopefully the best is yet to come.

citizen
09-13-2012, 12:48 PM
the Latos home run against the pirates

JayBruceFan
09-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Bruce's walk-off against the Mets. I was at that game and it was the first walk-off I had ever seen in person

WDE
09-13-2012, 06:42 PM
Beating those Dbacks after being down 6-0. Say what you want, but that game changed the rest of the season. We have kept winning since then.

texasdave
09-13-2012, 06:46 PM
Beating those Dbacks after being down 6-0. Say what you want, but that game changed the rest of the season. We have kept winning since then.

This was a huge turnaround game. No question about it. So maybe Brandon's three-run blast is the single biggest hit on the year.

Trajinous
09-13-2012, 06:59 PM
I live in New York, I went to Yankee Stadium for the first time to see Arroyo match up against Pettite. I went by myself on a whim and met a nice Yankee couple. It was around the 7th inning and Arroyo gave up a HR earlier in the game. I was yelling for Baker to take him out, Arroyo is notorious for falling apart in the 7th especially after he gives up a long ball. The guy next to me asked why I yelled that since it was only a 1-0 at the time. I turn and said, "Once Arroyo gives up a home run, it's only a matter...." *CRACK* Cano homers to right. The crowd stands and cheers as I sit there disbelief. The Yankee fan turns and points to astounded saying, "Holy ****, you called it!" Next two batters, Arod singles then Ibanez homers.....I called it.

goreds2
09-13-2012, 09:55 PM
The Reds winning WITHOUT Joey Votto. Kudos to the players who picked it up. :thumbup:

bigredmechanism
09-13-2012, 11:19 PM
Sitting in the cheap seats in Yankee Stadium, watching Chapman save the Sunday win, and clearly hearing a loud "pow" echo throughout the park every time the ball hit Hannigan's mitt.

Ha. I was at that same game. I went in thinking it would be tough to beat Sabathia, even with Cueto on the mound. JC pitched a gem and Chappy was Chappy.

LawmanRich
09-14-2012, 03:51 AM
The chills from watching Chapman through absolute seeds (in excess of 100 mph) for the first time...

HometownHero
09-14-2012, 04:57 AM
The Reds winning WITHOUT Joey Votto. Kudos to the players who picked it up. :thumbup:

+1

Several guys picked it but from July 16th to September 4th with no JV Ludwick was the man!

.340/.404/647/1.051
12 HR
23 XBH
36 RBI
27 Runs

He basically became Joey while he was gone as Votto's line when he got hurt was .342/.465/.604/1.069.

bounty37h
09-14-2012, 09:29 AM
I live in New York, I went to Yankee Stadium for the first time to see Arroyo match up against Pettite. I went by myself on a whim and met a nice Yankee couple. It was around the 7th inning and Arroyo gave up a HR earlier in the game. I was yelling for Baker to take him out, Arroyo is notorious for falling apart in the 7th especially after he gives up a long ball. The guy next to me asked why I yelled that since it was only a 1-0 at the time. I turn and said, "Once Arroyo gives up a home run, it's only a matter...." *CRACK* Cano homers to right. The crowd stands and cheers as I sit there disbelief. The Yankee fan turns and points to astounded saying, "Holy ****, you called it!" Next two batters, Arod singles then Ibanez homers.....I called it.

Your fav memory was Arroyo getting bombed?

MrRedLegger
09-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Your fav memory was Arroyo getting bombed?

My favorite memory of this Reds team was when I tooted my own horn.

Seeing Latos' first win in a 9-2 crushing of the Giants was also a good memory. After he had struggles earlier in the year, this game gave insight to what he can and will do for this franchise. Sometimes that last piece of the puzzle may cost more than what you want to pay but when you take a step back and see the whole picture completed it all seems worth it.

Norm Chortleton
09-14-2012, 11:00 AM
Chapman being so happy he did the Aroldis Rolls to celebrate the save. (Not that I'd ever want to see him, or anyone else, do that again. That would be a dbag move. But it's nice to see pro players have that much emotion.)

webbbj
09-14-2012, 11:31 AM

great moment. I think people put way too much in these "season defining moments" in 2 days that stuff is forgotten. The reds season defining moment came in the offseason when they put talent together that could win a championship.

As for me going to wrigley to watch reds/cubs.

texasdave
09-14-2012, 12:01 PM
great moment. I think people put way too much in these "season defining moments" in 2 days that stuff is forgotten. The reds season defining moment came in the offseason when they put talent together that could win a championship.

As for me going to wrigley to watch reds/cubs.

And I could not disagree more strongly.

Mutaman
09-19-2012, 05:39 PM
Ha. I was at that same game. I went in thinking it would be tough to beat Sabathia, even with Cueto on the mound. JC pitched a gem and Chappy was Chappy.

If you recall, Ludwick hit a monster HR off CC in that game. That's really when he started picking it up. Nothing sweeter than beating the darn Yankees in their own ballpark.

LexRedsFan
09-19-2012, 11:51 PM
My favorite memory was probably the Cardinal sweep coming out of the AS break.

However, I'll throw a mention in here for the Brewers game where Arroyo had the no-hitter and Chapman got the save with the...whatever that was after he got the save.

Dru4u73
09-20-2012, 06:53 AM
Bruce's walk-off against the Mets. I was at that game and it was the first walk-off I had ever seen in person

Was also at this game and the one the next night. Will be my favorite memories of the summer. Was also my first time at GAB.

texasdave
09-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Bump.

I have a new favorite memory after today's game. After Votto struck out for the second out in the ninth, I believe the Reds' chances laid somewhere between slim and none. And Slim was heading out of the stadium along with a number of folks. Frazier homers, Bruce singles and Slim circles back just in time to watch Navarro hit two foul ball home runs before tripling in the winning run. Pure excitement.

goreds2
09-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Bump.

I have a new favorite memory after today's game. After Votto struck out for the second out in the ninth, I believe the Reds' chances laid somewhere between slim and none. And Slim was heading out of the stadium along with a number of folks. Frazier homers, Bruce singles and Slim circles back just in time to watch Navarro hit two foul ball home runs before tripling in the winning run. Pure excitement.

The Brewers in a sense ruined our season in 1999. This is somewhat a payback to them. :D