PDA

View Full Version : Today's Lineup

alett12
09-20-2012, 11:43 AM
We can't directly give Dusty credit for this line up but it sure seems like a dusty lineup
1. Paul LF
2. Cairo 1B
3. Rodiguez 2B
4. Frazier 3B
5. Heisey RF
6. Phipps CF
7. Hanigan C
8. Gregorious SS
9. Cueto P

It seems to me that this line up is a little screwy, Cairo is so SLOW and he's batting 2nd? I never really thought about Paul leading off but ok and Phipps well lets just hope he hits.

Krawhitham
09-20-2012, 11:48 AM
we have a game thread for a reason

and YES Dusty sets lineups days in advance. He likes to give a 2 day notice to someone that they are getting a off day for some reason.

That is also why he never plays the hot hand because he has already made the next days lineup out.

He has talked about it on Reds Live before

alett12
09-20-2012, 11:52 AM
Thank you for explaining that and for being a ****** about it, some people don't always look at the game thread and I was posing this as a general question

texasdave
09-20-2012, 12:00 PM
What did Johnny Cueto do to Dusty Baker? Hide his Dusty Dice? Seriously. Cueto gets lineups that are beyond crappy on a consistent basis.

alett12
09-20-2012, 12:07 PM
What did Johnny Cueto do to Dusty Baker? Hide his Dusty Dice? Seriously. Cueto gets lineups that are beyond crappy on a consistent basis.

I agree with this completely, IMO this should have been the line up for Leake last night since Leake will not be starting in the playoffs anyway

webbbj
09-20-2012, 12:42 PM
looks like a winner to me.:)

NebraskaRed
09-20-2012, 12:47 PM

Or you could look at this another way and think that this shows how much confidence Dusty has in Cueto.

texasdave
09-20-2012, 12:49 PM
If I was a pitcher with 17 wins and 3 more starts, this is not the lineup that I would like to see behind me. Individual goals are important to people.

Biff Pocoroba
09-20-2012, 12:52 PM
I agree with this completely, IMO this should have been the line up for Leake last night since Leake will not be starting in the playoffs anyway

I disagree. If that had been last night's lineup, we'd be looking for a win today in order to take the series. As it stands now, we have a decent shot at sweep because we've got our ace going against a guy with who's pitched all of five innings all season - and poorly at that.

NebraskaRed
09-20-2012, 01:02 PM
I disagree. If that had been last night's lineup, we'd be looking for a win today in order to take the series. As it stands now, we have a decent shot at sweep because we've got our ace going against a guy with who's pitched all of five innings all season - and poorly at that.

Exactly. The Reds have just as much chance winning today with this lineup and Cueto pitching that they had last night.

texasdave
09-20-2012, 01:05 PM
The Cubs didn't exactly run Cy Young out there last night.

NebraskaRed
09-20-2012, 01:28 PM
The Cubs didn't exactly run Cy Young out there last night.

And what exactly are they running out there today?

malcontent
09-20-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm just glad to see the three young guys and Paul, Frazier and Heisey.

Cairo, uh...not so much. I guess if he has to be on the playoff roster, it wouldn't hurt to see if he can poke a finger out of the grave at some point.

RedsBrick
09-20-2012, 01:58 PM
We can't directly give Dusty credit for this line up but it sure seems like a dusty lineup
1. Paul LF
2. Cairo 1B
3. Rodiguez 2B
4. Frazier 3B
5. Heisey RF
6. Phipps CF
7. Hanigan C
8. Gregorious SS
9. Cueto P

It seems to me that this line up is a little screwy, Cairo is so SLOW and he's batting 2nd? I never really thought about Paul leading off but ok and Phipps well lets just hope he hits.

You may be right about Paul. He led off one other time this year and went 0-5. Here's to a better outing today!

muethibp
09-20-2012, 01:59 PM
This is probably our last game against a non-contender (Pitt might be done next weekend, but who knows?), so it might well be the Reds' last chance to play a lineup like this without most of the rest of the league raising their eyebrows. So, I don't mind the decision at all.

alett12
09-20-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm just glad to see the three young guys and Paul, Frazier and Heisey.

Cairo, uh...not so much. I guess if he has to be on the playoff roster, it wouldn't hurt to see if he can poke a finger out of the grave at some point.

I would much much rather see Henry rodriguez on the playoff roster than Cairo, he adds a left handed bat, he adds speed, he can play 2B which is something Cairo can do but makes me want to shoot myself just thinking about it, and he is also a very key part of the Reds future where as Cairo is not.

BluegrassRedleg
09-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Reds vs Cubs @ Mesa (ss)

Biff Pocoroba
09-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Reds vs Cubs @ Mesa (ss)

dat's funny

Biff Pocoroba
09-20-2012, 05:34 PM
See that...Dusty is a genius. Pretty much the whole starting lineup gets a day of rest on getaway day, Cueto still gets his 18th win, and the B squad gets the satisfaction of completing the sweep of the stupid Cubs.