Cairo
Frazier
Valdez
Heisey
Paul

No Leake or Ondrusek.

Maker_84
10-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Looks like all the best players made it. Would have liked to see leake make it over Simon

malcontent
10-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Fine by me.

Cairo is an automatic out at this point but must be the glue that holds this ship together from the sound of things. :rolleyes:

I'm glad to see both Simon and Hoover make it. Sorry to see Ondrusek not, but just not enough room (no need) for a 12th pitcher.

redsfanmia
10-06-2012, 07:33 PM
After seeing the rotation and now the roster I think the Reds will lose and
Dusty will get fired.

redsfanmia
10-06-2012, 07:33 PM
double post

R_Webb18
10-06-2012, 07:34 PM
looks good to me

dubc47834
10-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Dusty will get fired.

Idiotic!!!

PumpFak3First
10-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Dusty will get fired.

Nice elaboration

redsfanmia
10-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Idiotic!!!

Tell me that next week, Dusty is too loyal to his players role on the team. Cueto is great but Latos with his history against San Fran should be starting game 1 while Homer with his recent success and his sucess on the road should start game 2 while Cueto should go in game 3 at home where he has been lights out.

Cairo is an absolute waste of a roster spot, they would have been better off with Meseroco as a third catcher so Navarro could be used as a pinch hitter.

There I elaborated.

redsfanmia
10-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Leake being left off is also questionable IMO, he is a good base runner and is a better PH option than Valdez and Cairo.

sdwagers
10-07-2012, 07:55 AM
Leake being left off is also questionable IMO, he is a good base runner and is a better PH option than Valdez and Cairo.

With Cueto going down... I thought the same thing. I have no idea why Simon is on the post season roster. Valdez is the backup for Middle INF. You have to carry him.

redsfanmia
10-07-2012, 12:23 PM
With Cueto going down... I thought the same thing. I have no idea why Simon is on the post season roster. Valdez is the backup for Middle INF. You have to carry him.

Leake would have been better option to pinch hit than Dave Bailey too.

BigPoppa
10-07-2012, 10:12 PM

Or even Homer Bailey.....

malcontent
10-08-2012, 12:00 PM
After watching Arredondo struggle last night...I'm beginning to think Leake should take his spot.

But that's not going to happen.

Biff Pocoroba
10-08-2012, 01:43 PM
After watching Arredondo struggle last night...I'm beginning to think Leake should take his spot.

But that's not going to happen.

nope. You can't judge such things based on how a guy does in the last inning with his team up nine runs (though he didn't give up a run). You base it on their most likely role in a tightly contested game. In Arrendondo's case, it's serving as a very short bridge between starter and our three best relievers. That's not a role you'd suddenly invent for your fifth starter. If Leake had made the roster, it'd have been at Simon's expense.

alett12
10-09-2012, 09:46 AM
I would like to see Simon off for Leake (or even Tony Cingrani) as well as Cairo go down for a younger play who has a big future with the reds in either Henry Rodriguez or Didi Gregorious.

sdwagers
10-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Cingrani, HRod and Didi got a Sept Call up to get a taste of the show-not for a post season opportunity.

Leake might replace Simon for the next playoff rounds.

Cairo is a Dusty Lieutenant in the clubhouse - especially for the Latin players. He's not going to get moved off the post season roster unless he 's injured.

alett12
10-09-2012, 12:07 PM
I know why they were called up and I'm just saying that I feel like they would more effective than Cairo or in Cingrani's case Simon.

sdwagers
10-09-2012, 01:19 PM
I know why they were called up and I'm just saying that I feel like they would more effective than Cairo or in Cingrani's case Simon.

Cingrani had three SEPT apprearances... they're not going to give the kid the ball...

Other than his first appearance... Simon was a not a bad reliever.... though I agree that Leake should be there instead as the long man / pinch hitter / pinch runner.

Biff Pocoroba
10-09-2012, 01:30 PM
All things being equal, I prefer to fill out the bench with guys who have expereience in the roles they would likely play in the playoffs. For that reason, I like Simon better than Leake out of the bullpen. And I'm fine with Cario as a utility/emergency infielder. With Heisey, Frazier and Paul, as well as Navarro, I don't the benefit of giving up a roster spot on the chance that Leake might be asked to pinch hit or pinch run.

Dusty and Walt, in my mind, made the right calls.