PDA

View Full Version : Roster solution

UPRedsFan
10-07-2012, 09:23 PM
So if they put Cueto on DL they lose him until the world series. Obviously don't want to do that, but it sure feels like they need some insurance in case someone gets in trouble early. They are down to 10 pitchers now and the bullpen pitched 5 innings last night.

I'd tell Cairo he just came down with a strained hamstring and DL him and get Leake on the roster just in case.

10-07-2012, 09:26 PM
So if they put Cueto on DL they lose him until the world series. Obviously don't want to do that, but it sure feels like they need some insurance in case someone gets in trouble early. They are down to 10 pitchers now and the bullpen pitched 5 innings last night.

I'd tell Cairo he just came down with a strained hamstring and DL him and get Leake on the roster just in case.

Absolutely. If the If/thens are all correct, then have to get Leake on. Problem is we don't really know what the deal is with Cueto. At this point, Jocketty/Dusty may not either. It's a very dicey proposition because they can't wait too long to make a change or MLB is more likely to disallow it. Just a bad situation that'll require a dice roll without certainty whether right or wrong. Also, think (but not sure) that you can't replace a DL'ed position player with a pitcher (your Cairo idea).

mgbrown66
10-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Leake is a better hitter than Cairo anyway. :)

Krawhitham
10-08-2012, 01:58 AM

not allowed

Pitcher for Pitcher

Position player for Position player

alett12
10-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Tell Alfredo Simon that, I feel like Leake would be better for the playoff roster because he could be used in multiple ways if the reds went into extra innings if he pitches you can take him off the mound and put him in left just incase to keep him warm and then you could put him back on the mound again plus I would rather see Leake pinch hit over Cairo or Valdez.