PDA

View Full Version : ride that bullpen (if nec.)

Biff Pocoroba
10-08-2012, 09:29 AM
I'll start off by saying that I have full faith in Homer to get it done on Tuesday. But at the same time, if he doesn't have his best GABP stuff, we're going to have seven pitchers in that bullpen - none of whom have pitched more than once in the past six or seven days.

All Homer has to do is keep us in it for four or five innings. From there on out, Dusty can do his best Sparky impersonation.

Biff Pocoroba
10-09-2012, 10:10 AM
okay, replying to myself here.

I also consider it to our advantage that the 5:30 start will make it tougher on hitters in the early innings. I really believe that all we need is five good innings out of Homer and then turn to the bullpen if and at the first sign of trouble.

sdwagers
10-09-2012, 10:27 AM
okay, replying to myself here.

I also consider it to our advantage that the 5:30 start will make it tougher on hitters in the early innings. I really believe that all we need is five good innings out of Homer and then turn to the bullpen if and at the first sign of trouble.

5 innings would be tremendous. NLCS doesn't start til Sunday night. You can completely reset your rotation and bullpen.

LexRedsFan
10-09-2012, 10:53 AM
I really feel if Homer gets us 5-6 quality innings... We win.

I don't know if he'll do that in GABP, however.

Biff Pocoroba
10-09-2012, 11:24 AM
from redlegnation: Over his last 7 starts, Homer Bailey has a 1.85 ERA with a 0.74 WHIP, .463 opponent OPS, 1.7 BB/9, 8.9 K/9, & 0.7 HR/9. This includes 3 starts at GABP.

RedsFaninAfrica
10-09-2012, 11:34 AM
I like the way you all are thinking. If we sweep tonight, there is plenty of time for arms to rebound before the start of the NLCS. Use the whole pen and then rest until Sunday night.

alett12
10-09-2012, 11:46 AM
Yeah with the back end of the pen it is pretty much a 6 inning game and that is all the more Homer needs to go, if he just goes 5 innings Hoover and Lecure can easily come in and shut down the little offense the Giants have.