PDA

View Full Version : I've never been more embarrassed to be a Reds fan

RedTruck
10-11-2012, 02:43 PM
To be dominant, and come home and get sweeped. How, why?

Follow every single game, every single out. Cheer every day through the thick and thin, only to go through this.

:(

StL_Dan
10-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Hang in there. The game isn't over. Anything can (and sometimes does) happen.

EMAW
10-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Don't worry the Baker Haters are gonna get their way after today. No need to worry about the playoffs for a while.

cw0802
10-11-2012, 02:55 PM
swept

RedTruck
10-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Don't worry the Baker Haters are gonna get their way after today. No need to worry about the playoffs for a while.

I hope Baker is gone.

I hope Brooke Jacobey is gone

I hope a new hitting coach teaches them to treat GABP like AT&T park, instead of constantly uppercutting there swing aiming for the fences.

So disgusted. I'm a passionate fan, and for this to happen just seems like a spit in the face.

Todd Gack
10-11-2012, 03:00 PM
swept

Darn, I keep on being right.

bmwreds31
10-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Well i wont be here. Good bye until spring training. The reds can go you know where to me right now. And so can baker.

This is just unbelievable im going into hybernation. How can you show your face anywhere as a reds fan right now. And dont give me that 2010 crap "well we had a great regular season."

EMAW
10-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Reds will hire a new manager, new coaches, team will go 81-81, no playoffs but no BAKER, so the Reds Zone will be in the party mode, congrats on running off the only manager to get you in the playoffs in forever

Whiner
10-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Reds will hire a new manager, new coaches, team will go 81-81, no playoffs but no BAKER, so the Reds Zone will be in the party mode, congrats on running off the only manager to get you in the playoffs in forever

If you don't think this loss is on Dusty then you have not been paying attention. He is a terrible manager and I hope the Reds sign him for 10 more years.

EMAW
10-11-2012, 03:19 PM
If you don't think this loss is on Dusty then you have not been paying attention. He is a terrible manager and I hope the Reds sign him for 10 more years.

All the losses are his fault and the wins are not his doing?
No way he returns, the HATERS will get their way and the Reds will have someone the Reds Zone can relate to (Bobby Valentine, Buddy Bell, Jim Tracy) running the team next year

dubc47834
10-11-2012, 03:27 PM

Appropriate screen name!!!!

DocRed
10-11-2012, 03:53 PM

You are crazy if you think a manager has that much to do with wins and losses. I hate Dusty more than most but I realize in reality his impact is minimal.

boiseheidleberg
10-11-2012, 04:02 PM
The players have to perform and they haven't . They've been playing tight all three home games. I don't think it's a coincidence that they scored three today after the Giants put their six up. Wasn't a tight game anymore and they loosened up. I don't know why but they have played like the weight of the world was on their shoulders since they came back from San Fran. Maybe they're just not ready for the big stage yet.

HometownHero
10-11-2012, 04:06 PM
If BP spent less time practicing making it rain or playing on the internet maybe he would have had time for some base running drills, If he holds at 2nd in game 3 we sweep them now the Cards are going to void out the Division title and go the NLCS when we go home after lose 3 in a row at home.

BigPoppa
10-11-2012, 04:07 PM
If BP spent less time practicing making it rain or playing on the internet maybe he would have had time for some base running drills, If he holds at 2nd in game 3 we sweep them now the Cards are going to void out the Division title and go the NLCS when we go home after lose 3 in a row at home.

The same BP who's had 9 hits and drove in 7 runs in the postseason this year.........?

R_Webb18
10-11-2012, 04:12 PM
the bp play was in the 1st inning. he was trying to make something happen. how was he suppose to know 2 runs was gonna win it in the 1st inning? the reds played great games 1 / 2 and game 3 pitching wise they almost played perfect but lost some how.

HometownHero
10-11-2012, 04:15 PM
The same BP who's had 9 hits and drove in 7 runs in the postseason this year.........?

And if we lose the only things people will remember from this season 20 years down the road is that we blew a 2-0 series lead and BP's bad base running cost us game 3.

R_Webb18
10-11-2012, 04:16 PM
And if we lose the only things people will remember from this season 20 years down the road is that we blew a 2-0 series lead and BP's bad base running cost us game 3.

nope i will remember the passed ball/error

HometownHero
10-11-2012, 04:19 PM
the bp play was in the 1st inning. he was trying to make something happen. how was he suppose to know 2 runs was gonna win it in the 1st inning? the reds played great games 1 / 2 and game 3 pitching wise they almost played perfect but lost some how.

He doesn't, but he knew they need at least one so that's why you stay at 2nd for the 2-3-4 hitters and no outs.

HometownHero
10-11-2012, 04:20 PM
nope i will remember the passed ball/error

Which would have never happened without BPs mistake.

R_Webb18
10-11-2012, 04:21 PM
your also certain cozart walks if bp stays at 2nd.

Moosie52
10-11-2012, 04:26 PM
All the losses are his fault and the wins are not his doing?
No way he returns, the HATERS will get their way and the Reds will have someone the Reds Zone can relate to (Bobby Valentine, Buddy Bell, Jim Tracy) running the team next year

Why not blame the $120 million gimpy man for injuring his knee?

HometownHero
10-11-2012, 04:26 PM
your also certain cozart walks if bp stays at 2nd.

Nope but I will take my chances with one more runner and one less out.

bounty37h
10-12-2012, 12:23 PM

Follow every single game, every single out. Cheer every day through the thick and thin, only to go through this.

You should be more embarrassed to say they got "sweeped". I am dissapointde, as any fan is, but not embarrased at all.

redsrolen
10-12-2012, 01:08 PM
:ughmamoru:
You should be more embarrassed to say they got "sweeped". I am dissapointde, as any fan is, but not embarrased at all.

10-13-2012, 12:02 PM

Have to respectfully disagree, rather strongly, with the premise of this thread. Embarrasssed? Huh? Should people be embarrassed when a pitcher they like gives up a HR? Should we be embarrassed when a position player we follow strikes out or makes a fielding error?

Of course not. Those are preposterous notions but no more than the overall outcome of a season. The Reds made me very proud this season. They are a young, incredibly talented, hardworking team who showed in many ways that they have heart. Yes, the LDS loss is heartbreaking and disappointing but nothing whatsoever to be embarrassed about imho.

mckbearcat48
10-13-2012, 08:16 PM
Have to respectfully disagree, rather strongly, with the premise of this thread. Embarrasssed? Huh? Should people be embarrassed when a pitcher they like gives up a HR? Should we be embarrassed when a position player we follow strikes out or makes a fielding error?

Of course not. Those are preposterous notions but no more than the overall outcome of a season. The Reds made me very proud this season. They are a young, incredibly talented, hardworking team who showed in many ways that they have heart. Yes, the LDS loss is heartbreaking and disappointing but nothing whatsoever to be embarrassed about imho.

Reds are legit. Ton of talent. As a Cardinal fan, I can see that.

birdsonthebat
10-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Reds are legit. Ton of talent. As a Cardinal fan, I can see that.

They may have some talent (mostly ex-Cardinals Rolen & Ludwick) but they lack playoff experience, heart, grit, tenacity, faith and detemination.

Rolen & Ludwick can't do it all alone.

10-14-2012, 01:01 AM
They may have some talent (mostly ex-Cardinals Rolen & Ludwick) but they lack playoff experience, heart, grit, tenacity, faith and detemination.

Rolen & Ludwick can't do it all alone.

Rolen & Ludwick...and healthy Cueto and Votto...and BP...and Chapman...and Frazier full time...and Hanny...and a new CF solution...and...and...probably minus Rolen for next year.

Maker_84
10-14-2012, 01:05 AM
Not only did this series make me embarrassed to be a Reds fan but it has made it hard to enjoy any sports right now. Who cares about the 2013 regular season if u know your gonna lose in the first round of the playoffs year after year

10-14-2012, 01:08 AM
Not only did this series make me embarrassed to be a Reds fan but it has made it hard to enjoy any sports right now. Who cares about the 2013 regular season if u know your gonna lose in the first round of the playoffs year after year

Everyone who feels like Maker should rent or re-watch Ken Burns' "Baseball" documentary series. Great stuff. Helps to put disappointing years like this in perspective. Also, when teams exit early, as disappointing to us, think of what it means to all the mid and junior level people who work at the stadium and local businesses who lose the income an LCS and WS would have produced. Really tough there.

Mastodon
10-14-2012, 02:33 AM

Yeah I don't even want to watch Football tomorrow. I especially don't want to suffer through a horrid Bengals game and have to stew over that pathetic franchise.