PDA

View Full Version : Yankees ousted due to broken heart.

texasdave
10-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Was this Yankees team done in, simply, by a lack of hitting? [One] player privately made a far more indicting observation: that the ballclub was affected by the hostility from the fans at Yankee Stadium last weekend. "I really think the booing spooked a lot of guys," the player said. "A lot of guys hadn't been booed before, and they couldn't believe how nasty it got in the stands." Obviously Nick Swisher admitted to being sensitive to such treatment after Game 2, but the player said Swisher was far from alone in his reaction. "A lot of guys were talking about it in the clubhouse," he said. "I was surprised by how much it bothered them. I really don't think they ever recovered." If that's true, well, so much for the big, bad Yankees

The above is from CNNSI.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

MrRedLegger
10-19-2012, 03:11 PM
I don't feel bad for the Yankees one bit, other than Jeter's injury. And the fact that the fans booed is pathetic and indicative to what type of fans they really are. Games 3, 4, and especially 5 in GABP the crowd had nothing but unprecedented support for the team. I think a new era of support is upon the Reds.

10-20-2012, 12:19 AM
The above is from CNNSI.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This is great, wonderful, and priceless 'kick 'em when they're down' stuff. Love it. A Yankees year to remember when, at some point in the hopefully very distant future, New York returns to the WS.