PDA

View Full Version : Nen and Isringhausen

TeamCasey
04-09-2003, 07:31 AM
Hmmmmmm ...... will they be back? in good form?

Red Leader
04-09-2003, 10:03 AM
I just claimed Isringhausen off waivers in one of my leagues. I'm expecting that he won't be used back to back games for a little while, but should be back to form by middle of May, if not sooner. Nen will be back next week, and I have similar expectations for him. So, yes, I believe they will make it back to form, just might take a little while to happen.

TeamCasey
04-09-2003, 01:54 PM
I'm holding on to them .... but it's hurting at the moment.

Red Leader
04-09-2003, 02:02 PM
You may get behind right now, but should be good when they come back. Can you put them in DL slots on your roster and pick up other closers like Rocky Biddle, Steve Kline, Tim Worrell, Mike MacDougal, or anyone else to keep up in saves in the meantime?

TeamCasey
04-09-2003, 02:28 PM
Yes. I can't remember who I picked up. In the beginning I had more DL'ed guys than I could legally DL. I dropped a couple of them, but kept these two.

Ravenlord
04-10-2003, 03:54 AM
don't feel bad, on one of my teams i got AJ Burnett, Mariano Rivera, Rob Nen, JD Drew, and Russel Branyan...i love that crazy auto draft;)

MattyHo4Life
04-12-2003, 08:58 AM
Just thought you guys might want to know that it was reported in the St. Louis Post Dispatch today that Izzy had a set-back, and won't be ready as soon as was originally thought. Izzy was sent back to St. Louis for more tests. I sure hope he's not gone long... The Cards need him back bad, but it's not looking good. If they rush him... he'll just get hurt again.

MattyHo4Life
05-06-2003, 06:43 PM
Per Rotoworld:

LATEST NEWS - May 6 - Previous News
Robb Nen is scheduled for surgery tomorrow to have a partially torn rotator cuff repaired. He will miss the rest of the season. Tim Worrell's fantasy value takes another jump. He should be viewed as a top-10 closer.

Well... I guess this is the final verdict on Nen. Hopefully the news on Izzy ends up being much better.