PDA

View Full Version : '12-'13 UC Basketball

SeeinRed
11-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Can't believe this hasn't been started yet. UC looks to be poised for a good year under Mick. Time to discuss the season with the opener going on now. Rubles looks like he may be a beast and I really like the improved play of Mbodj. Through the first half, they haven't looked outstanding, but have shown flashes of play that really excites me looking ahead. Honestly, UT Martin is not good. UC has looked bored at times IMO.

Stray
11-11-2012, 10:57 PM
Didn't get to watch the game but it looks like we were able to take care of business.

dougdirt
11-11-2012, 11:03 PM
I didn't get to watch at all. I am cautiously excited about this season.

SeeinRed
11-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Just to get a little discussion going, how about UConn going from unranked in the AP poll to #23? They leapfrogged UC which stayed at #24. UC finally enters the coaches poll, which it should have been in from the beginning. I know people get tired of Cronin's lack of respect routine, but I think their ranking is a bit lower than it should be. Polls don't matter a whole lot, especially right now, but fans do pay attention to them. Things will even out if UC plays to it's potential.

As for the team this year, I like the fact that they can play up tempo. Guard play will be very strong, and they should be able to hold their own down low. The key will be getting quality minutes from the bench. If UC plays as deep as Mick says they can, they will be very tough to beat. UC doesn't really get a true test for a couple more games, but I have a lot of optimism heading into the season.

Boston Red
11-13-2012, 10:55 AM
UConn beat Michigan State. UC beat UT-Martin.

texasdave
11-13-2012, 06:43 PM
If I am reading their schedule of event correctly, the Bearcat game will be streaming on ESPN3 in about 20 minutes.

Boss-Hog
11-13-2012, 07:13 PM
If I am reading their schedule of event correctly, the Bearcat game will be streaming on ESPN3 in about 20 minutes.

Correct

SeeinRed
11-13-2012, 08:15 PM
UC is looking pretty good so far in the second half. Much more focused and crisp in the second half. The first half they were quite sloppy IMO. Lazy, ill advised passes (mostly by JJ) and missed shots under the basket were what stuck out to me the most. Turnovers are a concern early in the season, as well as their free throw shooting. That may get better as the competition gets better. It isn't easy to keep a team focused when you are running the other team out of the gym.

The things I really like are the blocks and the offense. Those are two things that UC seemed to be missing last year.

Stray
11-18-2012, 02:51 PM
Kilpatrick is on fire.

dougdirt
11-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Kilpatrick is on fire.

I could have five 3-pointers against these guys :laugh:

Stray
11-20-2012, 09:16 PM
Man we gotta improve our free throw shooting.

dougdirt
11-21-2012, 03:24 AM
Man we gotta improve our free throw shooting.

Said every Cincinnati basketball fan since 1970.

Stray
11-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Heh so true. What puzzles me is that it's not like we have terrible shooters on the team. There's no reason at all for SK to be shooting 39% from the line. My guess is that as the season goes on it won't be as big of a problem.

SeeinRed
11-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Heh so true. What puzzles me is that it's not like we have terrible shooters on the team. There's no reason at all for SK to be shooting 39% from the line. My guess is that as the season goes on it won't be as big of a problem.

Free throw shooting is all about concentration IMO. It may get better as the competition does, but it is abysmal right now. For some reason, Mick's teams have had their struggles from the line. Don't get me wrong, I love the job Mick and his staff are doing, but there is no excuse for a team to be as bad from the free throw line as this one. You just can't lose close games because of free throws. That will kill them if they don't get it straightened out.

Stray
11-23-2012, 08:50 PM
There's no reason at all for SK to be shooting 39% from the line.

Well he showed me. 16-16 from the line tonight :thumbup:

dougdirt
11-23-2012, 09:06 PM
Well he showed me. 16-16 from the line tonight :thumbup:

Could you please say something else bad about his game? I would like to win this tournament. Thanks. :laugh:

Stray
11-23-2012, 10:30 PM
Could you please say something else bad about his game? I would like to win this tournament. Thanks. :laugh:

Haha we will not win this tournament with efforts like tonight. Defensively we were awful!!!

:beerme:

Stray
11-25-2012, 01:22 AM
Bearcats win!

Wild game really...that 20 minute segment in the middle was terrible, but the first and last 10 were nice. So many mistakes but I love the hustle, we're such a scrappy team and it's fun to watch.

dougdirt
11-25-2012, 01:47 AM
Haha we will not win this tournament with efforts like tonight. Defensively we were awful!!!

:beerme:

Thank you sir! :laugh:

Stray
11-25-2012, 11:01 AM
Nice read about our fans, or lack thereof. I'll get to a few games this year...hopefully other fans start buying in to these guys as well. We have a good team, I just wish more people cared lol.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2012-11-22/cincinnati-basketball-bearcats-attendance-woes-mick-cronin-fifth-third-arena

Sea Ray
11-27-2012, 11:35 AM
“This is still a great place to play when it’s packed,” Cronin said. “Huge home-court advantage. Rick Pitino said it was the toughest he’s ever seen last year.

That's true. He did say that and I know because I was at the game. They need not worry about attendance. Just keep winning

Reds/Flyers Fan
11-27-2012, 11:53 AM
Nice read about our fans, or lack thereof. I'll get to a few games this year...hopefully other fans start buying in to these guys as well. We have a good team, I just wish more people cared lol.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2012-11-22/cincinnati-basketball-bearcats-attendance-woes-mick-cronin-fifth-third-arena

I went to the Campbell game last Tuesday and it was a nightmare getting into and out of Fifth Third Arena. Despite the fact that half of the students were gone for Thanksgiving already and the game only attracted about 5,000 fans, I couldn't find anywhere to park on the street up near Calhoun or south of campus. I finally parked on the street across from Good Sam, then walked up the hill, cut through campus and 20 min. later I was in my seat.

Frankly, most people aren't going to walk through hoops like that. For casual basketball fans who aren't too familiar with Clifton (and I am familiar with it), it can be an awful experience. Throw in the painfully dull atmosphere inside, the terrible views from the upper deck and the awful competition that UC brings in for November/December games and it's a no-brainer why they don't attract more fans.

UC should start exploring a new, modern arena, maybe in conjunction with the city at a downtown location. That would free up land on the crowded UC campus for other uses and it would make it much easier for fans to get to/from games. A lot of the Big East already plays in off-campus pro-style arenas (Georgetown, Villanova, St. John's, Seton Hall, Depaul, Marquette, Louisville, Providence, South Florida, etc.)

nmculbreth
11-27-2012, 12:07 PM
They need not worry about attendance. Just keep winning

Exactly. UC drew very well once they got to the Big East portion of their schedule last season, particularly toward the end to the season. As long as UC keeps winning I think we can expect to see the Shoe packed for the New Mexico game and the Big East slate.

The easiest way for UC to build attendance would be to play a better slate of OOC home games. It's tough to get people excited for the likes of Campbell or Mississippi Valley State, particularly in a big city where there are other things to do. Even a marginal upgrade to a few middle of the road MAC or A10 teams would be a better than watching UC beat down SWAC and MEAC opponents by 20+ points.

Stray
12-01-2012, 05:07 PM
CASH!

Matt700wlw
12-01-2012, 05:56 PM
MONEY!

Stray
12-01-2012, 10:20 PM
In case anyone missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=INyLkVLrFWI

camisadelgolf
12-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Now ranked #11 in the AP poll.
http://cincynotebook.com/2012/12/04/guess-whos-ranked-11-in-college-basketball/

Sea Ray
12-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Now ranked #11 in the AP poll.
http://cincynotebook.com/2012/12/04/guess-whos-ranked-11-in-college-basketball/

I think that's a little high but we'll see

wolfboy
12-05-2012, 10:47 AM
I think that's a little high but we'll see

You could be right, but it was more a product of those above them tumbling than UC actually rising. Once Big East play starts, you learn real fast what kind of team you've got. The lack of an inside presence worries me.

Sea Ray
12-05-2012, 10:49 AM
You could be right, but it was more a product of those above them tumbling than UC actually rising. Once Big East play starts, you learn real fast what kind of team you've got. The lack of an inside presence worries me.

That combined with the lack of a stellar 3 pt shooter. The Alabama game showed both of those things and it's not a great combination

Stray
12-07-2012, 12:09 AM
They played kinda out of control most of the night. Like they were trying to go as fast as possible no matter what.

I love our defense and effort though. We're a fun team to watch.

dougdirt
12-07-2012, 12:36 PM
I didn't watch last night, but listened for a while as I was grocery shopping. I like this team. I don't know how good they can truly be yet, but I like them.

SeeinRed
12-07-2012, 02:24 PM
This team has a chance to be very good. Defensively, they can be one of the best. Offensively, they have weapons but need some work. They haven't found themselves quite yet IMO.

They are going to be a very fast paced team, but they are having trouble balancing that fast style of play while playing under control. If the figure out how to balance the speed and intensity with control they will be a very good team.

I also would like to see more movement on the offensive end. They have the tendency to stand around too much at times. It is like they hit a lull after a while. Maybe it is a result of fatigue, but they don't seem tired. I tend to think it is a lack of focus at times. This team is about to hit a much tougher stretch of games after the next one. Time to get everything tightened up.

WMR
12-07-2012, 03:08 PM
What kind of an offense is Cronin running this season?

texasdave
12-15-2012, 06:56 PM
10-0 as they smoke Marshall, albeit without Marshall's leading scorer in the contest.

RiverRat13
12-15-2012, 11:06 PM
Props to Mick Cronin for his comments on football and college athletes.

Boston Red
12-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Props to Mick Cronin for his comments on football and college athletes.

I wonder if he felt the same way when UC left C-USA to join the Big East originally.

Stray
12-19-2012, 05:59 PM
I expect the game to be called tight tonight. That isn't great for us since we tend to foul on every possession.

Either way, I think we win by 10.

Stray
12-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Was wrong about the refs, they've done a great job so far. It's one of those nights where the 3s aren't falling and our offense looks terrible. We'll have a few of these this year. Defense is keeping us in it, gotta get hot in the 2nd half.

dougdirt
12-19-2012, 10:43 PM
Good win. Just keep that train rolling.

texasdave
12-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Bearcats came out sluggish against Wright State, trailing 28-22 at the half. Jaquon Parker woke up here in the second half as UC is currently on a 23-6 run.

Reds4Life
12-22-2012, 06:02 PM
Bearcats came out sluggish against Wright State, trailing 28-22 at the half. Jaquon Parker woke up here in the second half as UC is currently on a 23-6 run.

Did the same thing against Xavier, and its not a good trend. If they do that against a good team they are going to get buried. You can't disappear for an entire half.

texasdave
12-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Did the same thing against Xavier, and its not a good trend. If they do that against a good team they are going to get buried. You can't disappear for an entire half.

A win is a win but you are right.

texasdave
12-31-2012, 03:23 PM
Nice bounceback by the Bearcats as they win on the road, besting the 24th-ranked Panthers of Pitt by a score of 70-61.

Redlegs23
12-31-2012, 04:03 PM
Nice to get some production out of Big Dave down the stretch. Him and Rubles were huge in the second half.

dougdirt
01-01-2013, 12:21 PM
We really need to figure out how to make some shots in the first half.

Reds4Life
01-01-2013, 12:23 PM
We really need to figure out how to make some shots in the first half.

Not holding my breath. 4 games in a row now they have done absolutely nothing in the first half of a game. You can't play for 20 minutes when the other team plays 40, against good teams that's a recipe to get your head caved in.

Maybe they need to get curb stomped to wake them up a little bit.

SeeinRed
01-01-2013, 09:26 PM
The encouraging part for me was UC hitting the shots they should make under the basket in the second half. I really think it was getting into their heads the last few games. Funny how things like that can snowball and get into a team's head. How many times had they missed multiple point blank shots on the same possession? It has been almost comical.

Stray
01-05-2013, 05:51 PM
Offensively challenged.

Stray
01-05-2013, 05:58 PM
Oh wow comeback is on. We're just down 2 now.

Game is on ESPN U for those who don't care about football halftime shows.

Stray
01-05-2013, 06:09 PM
Hmm not sure about that shot.

nmculbreth
01-06-2013, 06:39 PM
It seems UC is good for one really bad conference loss a year, let's hope yesterday's game was that loss rather than an omen for what the future holds. The half court offense has never been a strong suit for UC under Mick Cronin but yesterday's effort was particularly atrocious. Hopefully they bounce back against a very solid Notre Dame squad.

Sea Ray
01-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Awfully early to chalk up that one bad Big East loss. It's like filling in your chance box three rounds into Yachtzee

coachpipe
01-07-2013, 07:55 AM
This team is awful and overrated. That was the hardest game to watch ive ever been to. Including high school girls basketball. The 5 position is nonexistent and they cant make layups or uncontested shots. Cash is the only big east caliber player

dougdirt
01-07-2013, 04:08 PM
This team is awful and overrated. That was the hardest game to watch ive ever been to. Including high school girls basketball. The 5 position is nonexistent and they cant make layups or uncontested shots. Cash is the only big east caliber player

Overreaction of the year.

Reds4Life
01-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Overreaction of the year.

Yup.

They aren't awful, but they are one dementional and got exposed. Cronin's inability to recruit talented bigs has come back to bite us in the behind.

dougdirt
01-07-2013, 05:13 PM
I was referring to Cash being the only Big East caliber player, but yeah.

Reds4Life
01-07-2013, 08:52 PM
And another loss.

This team has absolutely no basketball IQ at all. Seriously.

dougdirt
01-07-2013, 09:23 PM
So, a typical UC team?

Reds4Life
01-07-2013, 09:33 PM
So, a typical UC team?

Under Cronin, yes it's become typical.

Tony Cloninger
01-08-2013, 09:03 AM
Why is it hard for the Bearcats to recruit players that can shoot and score consistently. I mean I don't expect them to get players like Kentucky and Duke all the time...but at least once in a while...not once every maybe 10 years.

Sea Ray
01-08-2013, 09:06 AM
Why is it hard for the Bearcats to recruit players that can shoot and score consistently. I mean I don't expect them to get players like Kentucky and Duke all the time...but at least once in a while...not once every maybe 10 years.

I agree. I think it's their lack of scorers that's hurting them; not the lack of big men

Stray
01-19-2013, 09:51 PM
Wow SK put the team on his back tonight...what a game.

Revering4Blue
01-19-2013, 09:55 PM
What an exciting game! As you mentioned, SK was something else. The Bearcats were also a +6 in hustle stats -- rebounds, steals, blocks, an encouraging sign, for sure.

Mutaman
01-19-2013, 10:23 PM
Big Warrior fan here. Great game. Tough loss. I'm going to miss playing you guys. Maybe we'll meet one more time at the Garden.

Ring out Ahoya!

dougdirt
01-20-2013, 06:23 PM
Heck of a game by SK last night. If he and Cash can get on a roll at the same time in March, this team could do some real damage.

bucksfan2
01-21-2013, 09:24 AM
Awful, just awful coaching job by Mick Sat night. Marquette put a "box in one" on SK and Mick basically had him stand on the wing and not move for the better part of 8 minutes in the second half. That strategy would have made sense had Cash been in the game and UC had a creator playing 4 on 4. Mick didn't draw up any ball screens to get SK the ball. He didn't have SK move, he did exactly what Marquette wanted, make someone besides SK and Wright beat you.

Stray
01-21-2013, 02:29 PM
Big game this afternoon. No idea what Cash's status is but hopefully he can go.

Edit: Cash is starting

Stray
01-21-2013, 04:46 PM
Ugly game although most of ours are. For as bad as we are on offense I honestly have no idea how we're winning at the mo.

Stray
01-21-2013, 06:32 PM
Ugh that's a game we should have won. Still amazes me how ugly we can make games...

If Cash was right we would have had it.

Boss-Hog
01-21-2013, 07:48 PM
Ugh that's a game we should have won. Still amazes me how ugly we can make games...

If Cash was right we would have had it.
That was a very tough loss. The first 15 minutes of the second half were as good as they've looked all year offensively, but I felt they got too tentative once they entered the stretch and went back to relying on jumpers.

After looking at Cash's line, there's no doubt they win that game if he's anywhere near himself.

coachpipe
01-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Wow SK put the team on his back tonight...what a game.

He scored 36 points...could you just imagine how many he would have scored if he could make his shots.

Stray
01-22-2013, 12:05 PM
He scored 36 points...could you just imagine how many he would have scored if he could make his shots.

Considering he's forced to take and make tough shots on this team, 11-23 and 9-10 at the line is a really really really good game.

I will take that every game please.

Stray
01-22-2013, 12:07 PM
That was a very tough loss. The first 15 minutes of the second half were as good as they've looked all year offensively, but I felt they got too tentative once they entered the stretch and went back to relying on jumpers.

After looking at Cash's line, there's no doubt they win that game if he's anywhere near himself.

Yep. When we had that good stretch Rubles was getting the ball at the foul line and just making plays for everyone. Looked like he started thinking too much once it got down to crunch time.

Stray
02-02-2013, 03:11 PM
We've perfected the fine art of winning ugly.

paintmered
02-03-2013, 12:57 PM
Jermaine Lawrence just verbally committed to UC.

dougdirt
02-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Jermaine Lawrence just verbally committed to UC.

I read that as Jennifer Lawrence at first and was very confused.

texasdave
02-04-2013, 12:28 AM
Jermaine Lawrence is supposedly a big-time player. Jennifer Lawrence makes the team without basketball skills.

paintmered
02-04-2013, 06:22 AM
Jermaine Lawrence is supposedly a big-time player. Jennifer Lawrence makes the team without basketball skills.

Both put fans in the seats.

Stray
02-06-2013, 08:30 PM
We may come back and win, but regardless, I have a hard time not wandering off to different channels watching these guys. No rhythm, nothing easy, no flow to the game...just defense. It's absolutely mind numbing to watch.

texasdave
02-07-2013, 12:25 AM
Providence at home. Pathetic.

SeeinRed
02-07-2013, 12:39 AM
They lost to Providence on the road, but it is still a loss you really can't let happen. UC really acted like they expected to win that game easily. It was not only the offense, it seemed to be the overall effort of the team. The defense wasn't horrible, but they were not nearly as active as they have been. Offense has been a challenge for a while now, but they were playing at a new level of bad. Very little off the ball movement and very poor ball security. Shots weren't falling, but most of that comes from bad shot selection. They left way too many points on the floor from the line. Not much good to say really. Providence deserves credit as well, but they are a team UC should have beaten. Mick cannot be happy with his team right now.

Stray
02-13-2013, 12:00 AM
Much better effort tonight. Cash also seems to be getting a little better from his injured knee. When we play defense like that we don't need pretty offense to win. My only worry is that the Big East lets you get away with so much contact...doubt we can guard that hard in the tournament.

texasdave
02-15-2013, 09:26 PM
Once again there seems to be a lid on the Bearcats' basket. 10 minutes played; nine points scored.
Wright 0-5
Kilpatrick 1-4
21% from the floor
37% from the 'charity' stripe
0% from distance.

texasdave
02-15-2013, 10:38 PM
The good news is the Bearcats just might get to 50 points. The bad news is the Hoyas will probably get to around 65. 47-38 midway through the second half.

Stray
02-16-2013, 09:53 AM
We don't really have anyone other than SK that can get their own shot, and every team just loads up defense on him. We aren't particularly good at screening, passing or running offense either. If those 3s don't fall it looks bad. The last 5 minutes of that game were close, and with the game on the line we took long contested 3s on pretty much every possession. You can't beat a good defensive team that way.

They're frustrating but they still play hard. I dunno, maybe we just need better players.

Roy Tucker
02-17-2013, 11:45 AM
Teams have figured out UC has no low post or inside game so they load up on the 3 point line. Not to mention UC's depth was supposed to allow a running game and I haven't seen that. They have several guys that log a lot of minutes and then you look at the box score and say "what did you do out there?". Plus, besides SK, they really can't shoot worth a crap.

They do play hard and they do play defense though. Ugly games ensue.

texasdave
02-21-2013, 08:10 PM
UC down 3 at UConn. They seem to be in every game. They need to pull this one out.

texasdave
02-21-2013, 08:38 PM
12 minutes have gone by in the second half and the Bearcats have outscored the Huskies 9-8. UC basketball is ugly. 45-43 UConn with 8 minutes left.

Stray
02-21-2013, 08:50 PM
Very ugly game no surprise. Gotta get this win though.

Stray
02-21-2013, 09:01 PM
Rubles gets his hands on so many loose balls and rebounds. Very active player.

Roy Tucker
02-21-2013, 09:05 PM
Cshmere Wright just isn't very good. And where has SK gone?

dougdirt
02-21-2013, 09:11 PM
We stink at scoring.

paintmered
02-21-2013, 09:11 PM
Cshmere Wright just isn't very good. And where has SK gone?

He's good when his knees are healthy, which they haven't been since the New Year. Without his knees, he has zero quickness. And as Cash goes, so does the team since Kilpatrick sees box-and-one every night without any other scoring options on the floor.

It's not a mystery as to why the team is struggling right now.

texasdave
02-21-2013, 09:19 PM
Bearcats jump out to a six-point lead with 4:21 left and shut it down. They get exactly two points the rest of the way on an offensive rebound put back. UConn up six with 52 seconds to go in OT.

paintmered
02-21-2013, 09:20 PM
Aaaand that's game. :(

texasdave
02-21-2013, 09:28 PM
I think Mick is a good coach. I don't think he is a top-notch coach. Of course, he is a local guy so there is that.

nmculbreth
02-21-2013, 11:14 PM
I'm not saying that I'd fire Mick or anything of the sort, because I wouldn't, but the consistent lack of a coherent offensive game plan is inexcusable.

Stray
02-21-2013, 11:27 PM
Mick has us heading in the right direction that's for sure. He's rebuilt us and just landed a big time recruit. I can't say that I enjoy the brand of basketball but it can definitely win in this era of college hoops.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to him hiring an offensive coordinator :laugh:

Stray
02-21-2013, 11:32 PM
We had a 6 or 7 point lead at the end of that game. With the defense we were playing it should have been enough. I think we also gotta tip our cap to Napier because that dude is really clutch.

bucksfan2
02-22-2013, 08:49 AM
I didn't get to see much of the second half but saw the OT. While you have to tip your cap to Napier for making those shots, the one he hit to ice the game was a poor decision. When your hot your hot, but if your UC you want a guy taking an off balance deep three early in the clock whenever possible.

texasdave
02-24-2013, 05:05 PM
UC basketball playing its way out of the tournament. Irish pounded them today.

joshnky
02-24-2013, 05:23 PM
UC basketball playing its way out of the tournament. Irish pounded them today.

Will this cost Cronin his job? The guy hasn't been all that impressive and he's been given a long leash. I think just about anyone could match his record, middle of the big east and little tourney success. Has UC ever even made the big east championship game?

Boston Red
02-24-2013, 05:28 PM
UC will probably be okay if they can beat UConn and USF to finish .500 in the Big East. They'll get a poor seed and likely be out of the Tournament quick, but once you sneak in who knows.

paintmered
02-24-2013, 05:30 PM
Will this cost Cronin his job?

No.

joshnky
02-24-2013, 06:24 PM
No.

Why not? What has he done during his tenure that is remarkable. Its not entirely his fault but UC basketball has become completely irrelevant during his tenure.

From Wikipedia:
In six seasons at Cincinnati, Cronin has amassed a 108–83 record and a Sweet 16 berth.

I know he earned a lot of credit last year but they've taken a step back this year. That's hardly the results a top 25 program should expect from their coach.

Hillsdale87
02-24-2013, 06:54 PM
Will this cost Cronin his job? The guy hasn't been all that impressive and he's been given a long leash. I think just about anyone could match his record, middle of the big east and little tourney success. Has UC ever even made the big east championship game?

I'm not a UC fan, but my impression is that Mick is a good leader, but not a very good coach. His teams play hard consistently and play great defense, so he gets them to work. But he really has no clue on offense. There is absolutely no movement, and they can't get anything from their offense. Some of it is just poor shooting, but it's hard to get in a rhythm when you don't get many good looks. It's all one-on-one and three point shots. And I haven't really see anybody at UC improve offensively during his time there. Gates was solid, but a disappointment. Some of that was Yancy's fault, but a lot of that falls on Cronin. Mick doesn't really know how to get the post involved, and Yancy was rarely able to get open. If he scored, he had to do it all on his own. On another team, he would have done a lot more.

I think UC can build a solid program with Mick, but if they actually want to be consistently good, they need to find somebody else.

nmculbreth
02-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Why not? What has he done during his tenure that is remarkable. Its not entirely his fault but UC basketball has become completely irrelevant during his tenure.

From Wikipedia:
In six seasons at Cincinnati, Cronin has amassed a 108–83 record and a Sweet 16 berth.

I know he earned a lot of credit last year but they've taken a step back this year. That's hardly the results a top 25 program should expect from their coach.

He'll keep his job for a number of reasons. For starters the athletic department is broke and cannot afford to pay the buy-out and what it would cost to bring in a replacement coach. Additionally given the state of the team's facilities and the murkiness of UC's conference affiliation I suspect they'd have a tough time bringing in a coach who would be an upgrade over Cronin.

For better or worse the status quo is in UC's best interest, despite a very disappointing end to the season. Cronin has a good recruiting class coming in, headlined by a legitimate blue chip prospect and given the state of things UC cannot afford to let that talent slip away. Additionally I think stability within the department is essential to UC's chances of getting out of the Big East, which is ultimately the most important thing right now.

Reds4Life
02-24-2013, 08:24 PM

From Wikipedia:

His overall record at UC is skewed because of the rebuild. I don't think many who don't follow UC regularly really understand the catastrophic damage that was done to the program by Nancy Zimpher & Co. I am surprised its even come back as much as it has, it wasn't just dismantled, it was nuked.

texasdave
02-25-2013, 12:18 AM

Last year. Lost to Louisville in the finals I believe.

texasdave
02-25-2013, 12:23 AM
And if Sean Kilpatrick thinks he is NBA ready; he has another think coming. And is Justin Jackson worse as a senior than he was as a freshman? He showed no improvement in his time as a Bearcat, did he?

Stray
02-25-2013, 01:46 AM
We don't have a lot of good players. When Cash was right we were one of the better teams in the country. Since hurting his knee he hasn't been the same and we're not that good anymore.

We just need better players. No pure shooters, no post presence at all, nobody that can get in the paint and finish consistently. Our best offense is to shoot a contested 3 and hit the offensive boards.

Hopefully Cash can get better before the year ends. He's had a great career and I know he's probably just gutting it out right now.

bucksfan2
02-25-2013, 09:28 AM
We don't have a lot of good players. When Cash was right we were one of the better teams in the country. Since hurting his knee he hasn't been the same and we're not that good anymore.

We just need better players. No pure shooters, no post presence at all, nobody that can get in the paint and finish consistently. Our best offense is to shoot a contested 3 and hit the offensive boards.

Hopefully Cash can get better before the year ends. He's had a great career and I know he's probably just gutting it out right now.

Being a fan of two frustratingly poor offensive teams gets maddening at times. I have heard many UC fans point to Cash's knee issues as the reasons as to why this team is struggling. I don't think its as cut and dry as that. As an OSU fan I would kill to have Kilpatrick on the wing and his abilities but he often gets lost in the flow of a game. The main difference I see between OSU and UC is the ball movement. Even when OSU isn't scoring they do a decent job of passing the ball. Heck a rudimentary weave at the top of the key would be more ball movement than UC often sees in a half.

I think UC's problems are two fold. Once is their poor offense. I was watching a game a couple of weeks ago where Mick was going nuts when UC gave up an easy basket. The problem was it was a direct result of a poor offensive possession that resulted in a turnover and a transition basket. And the second part is poor movement. UC has become a dribble drive offense without any movement. Kilpatrick often stands on the wing and doesn't move. They have little inside game to speak of which hurts even more. You can stick Kilpatrick and Moodj on the same side of the court because Moodj just isn't good.

More than anything else UC needs to play at a fast pace. Playing a team like ND at ND is a difficult task, especially if you fall behind early. ND is similar to Wisconsin that they will slow down the pace and make you guard for 35 seconds. If they are making their shots they are a difficult team to beat especially when you are offensively challenged.

Stray
02-25-2013, 11:01 AM
Being a fan of two frustratingly poor offensive teams gets maddening at times. I have heard many UC fans point to Cash's knee issues as the reasons as to why this team is struggling. I don't think its as cut and dry as that. As an OSU fan I would kill to have Kilpatrick on the wing and his abilities but he often gets lost in the flow of a game. The main difference I see between OSU and UC is the ball movement. Even when OSU isn't scoring they do a decent job of passing the ball. Heck a rudimentary weave at the top of the key would be more ball movement than UC often sees in a half.

I think UC's problems are two fold. Once is their poor offense. I was watching a game a couple of weeks ago where Mick was going nuts when UC gave up an easy basket. The problem was it was a direct result of a poor offensive possession that resulted in a turnover and a transition basket. And the second part is poor movement. UC has become a dribble drive offense without any movement. Kilpatrick often stands on the wing and doesn't move. They have little inside game to speak of which hurts even more. You can stick Kilpatrick and Moodj on the same side of the court because Moodj just isn't good.

More than anything else UC needs to play at a fast pace. Playing a team like ND at ND is a difficult task, especially if you fall behind early. ND is similar to Wisconsin that they will slow down the pace and make you guard for 35 seconds. If they are making their shots they are a difficult team to beat especially when you are offensively challenged.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying here. I don't think Mick has a great offensive system, I just think a lot of our problems are because we have a roster full of players who can't make shots.

If we have a lineup with Cash-SK-Rubles-Jackson-Mbodj we are so easy to guard. The only two capable of scoring are our guards. No threat in the paint at all, and Rubles does a lot of good things, but not much on the offensive end.

That's why I feel like we will go as far as Cash and Parker can take us. They're the only two that can make teams guard us somewhat honest. Right now even if we run good offense against a zone what kind of good results can we expect? Rubles in the middle? He can't hit that jumper, he's not great at finishing in the paint, and he's not a great passer. We can't pound a zone inside because none of our bigs can make shots. And who can break it down off of the dribble other than SK? The way our team is built we almost have to hit outside shots to win games...we don't have the ability to do anything else.

And yea I definitely agree our best chance is to speed the game up which makes ND a total nightmare matchup for us, they dictate pace better than anyone. We'll never run offense like North Carolina under Mick, but I think with more talent we can score enough to win games.

bucksfan2
02-25-2013, 01:32 PM
I agree with a lot of what you're saying here. I don't think Mick has a great offensive system, I just think a lot of our problems are because we have a roster full of players who can't make shots.

If we have a lineup with Cash-SK-Rubles-Jackson-Mbodj we are so easy to guard. The only two capable of scoring are our guards. No threat in the paint at all, and Rubles does a lot of good things, but not much on the offensive end.

That's why I feel like we will go as far as Cash and Parker can take us. They're the only two that can make teams guard us somewhat honest. Right now even if we run good offense against a zone what kind of good results can we expect? Rubles in the middle? He can't hit that jumper, he's not great at finishing in the paint, and he's not a great passer. We can't pound a zone inside because none of our bigs can make shots. And who can break it down off of the dribble other than SK? The way our team is built we almost have to hit outside shots to win games...we don't have the ability to do anything else.

And yea I definitely agree our best chance is to speed the game up which makes ND a total nightmare matchup for us, they dictate pace better than anyone. We'll never run offense like North Carolina under Mick, but I think with more talent we can score enough to win games.

Against a zone I would go with Cash-SK-Parker-Rubles-Jackson. Put Parker at the free throw line and then work the ball. Parker should be able to make the FT jumper which would make the zone collapse making room for Rubles and Jackson around the block and Cash/SK around the arc. Rubles/Jackson/Parker should be able to guard a team's 3-4-5 unless the other team possess a dominant C. Are there any dominant C's in the game? Withey? Plumlee?

Problem is Mick is so focused on defense that he often loses focus of what the team really needs. IMO if UC gets into the tournament they can do some damage. If they find themselves matched up against a ND or Wisconsin they they are in trouble. But for the most part if they can get themselves into a free flowing game they have the ability to beat any team.

joshnky
02-25-2013, 01:40 PM
The Louisville game should be interesting then. It sounds like cincy wants to avoid playing a half court game but the way to beat Louisville is protect the ball and make them run their half court offense.

See: Notre dame, villanova and Georgetown

dougdirt
02-28-2013, 07:06 PM
Where do we play basketball and football at next year?

Boston Red
02-28-2013, 07:12 PM
Where do we play basketball and football at next year?

The yet to be named conference f/k/a the Big East.

dougdirt
02-28-2013, 07:12 PM
The yet to be named conference f/k/a the Big East.

Who will even be left in that league?

Boston Red
02-28-2013, 07:14 PM
UConn
Cincinnati
Louisville
Rutgers
South Florida
Houston
USF
SMU
UCF
Temple

dougdirt
02-28-2013, 07:19 PM
So basically no one in 2 years?

Boss-Hog
02-28-2013, 07:20 PM
UConn
Cincinnati
Louisville
Rutgers
South Florida
Houston
USF
SMU
UCF
Temple

I believe Notre Dame for one more year, too, right?

Boston Red
02-28-2013, 07:29 PM
Maybe. ESPN's most recent article said that ND may go with the C7 for a year if they leave this summer and ND cannot join the ACC right away.

Boston Red
02-28-2013, 07:32 PM
So basically no one in 2 years?

In two years, I think you basically take the same group, add Tulane in all sports and East Carolina for football and subtract Louisville and Rutgers. UConn and Cincinnati will obviously be scrambling to find new homes by then (or as quickly as possible thereafter), too.

Roy Tucker
02-28-2013, 08:08 PM
I just think that with Wright's knee(s) bad, he just isn't the player he was. The guy has a big heart and has played tough, but other PGs just out-quick him all over the place. You see teams set high picks on him and he just gets blown by. He can't drive like he used to and he outside shot has gone to pot. I like the guy and he has given a lot to the program, but he's not what he was. With SK, they set a whole row of picks for him to run around, but everyone knows he's going to get the ball so they switch off or double team at each pick. I don't know why they don't run more plays for Parker. He seems to get his points off garbage time. Give him a shot. And I can't imagine they have a whole slew of tall Div. 1 players and nobody has any kind of inside game? I mean, really? Nothing? Try running some plays for them, it might work.

Chip R
02-28-2013, 10:28 PM
UC's new postseason uniforms

http://media2.wcpo.com//photo/2013/02/28/bearcatsunis_20130228121610_640_480.JPG

Reds4Life
02-28-2013, 10:35 PM
Those unis = :barf: :barf:

wolfboy
02-28-2013, 11:04 PM
Those unis = :barf: :barf:

It's as if a seventies zebra print pillow mated with an 80's Jazzercise outfit. Gawdawful.

texasdave
02-28-2013, 11:12 PM
It's as if a seventies zebra print pillow mated with an 80's Jazzercise outfit. Gawdawful.

Dead on. Thinking back I do seem to remember Richard Simmons sporting something close to that back in the day.

Chip R
02-28-2013, 11:17 PM
Believe it or not, UC's aren't the worst.

http://i.imgur.com/Rp1b4p4.jpg

wolfboy
03-01-2013, 08:44 AM
Believe it or not, UC's aren't the worst.

http://i.imgur.com/Rp1b4p4.jpg

I don't know. The florescent hot pink really sets it apart as a winner amongst losers.

HotCorner
03-01-2013, 11:17 AM
It's the same "red" as Louisville except a lot less. Personally I think Notre Dame's uni's are the worst.

paintmered
03-01-2013, 08:21 PM
I can't tell if those are actually terrible or I'm just old and don't know what's cool any more.

texasdave
03-02-2013, 12:15 AM
I can't tell if those are actually terrible or I'm just old and don't know what's cool any more.

If you are going onto the court in something that Richard Simmons would wear, then I am thinking the word 'cool' doesn't fit the description.

Sea Ray
03-02-2013, 10:12 AM
After seeing those do we really want to see them make the post season???

Chip R
03-02-2013, 11:28 AM
After seeing those do we really want to see them make the post season???

They are going to wear them in the postseason including the Big East tournament.

nmculbreth
03-02-2013, 12:41 PM
I'm all for being creative with uniforms if it's done right (i.e. Oregon football) but these uniforms are god awful. I miss the early 2000s Jordan unis more and more after each new Adidas offering.

Hoosier Red
03-02-2013, 04:19 PM
It's the same "red" as Louisville except a lot less. Personally I think Notre Dame's uni's are the worst.

I vote Kansas as the worst, especially compared to the regular unis which I think are pretty cool.

Stray
03-02-2013, 04:21 PM
A win is a win

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Sea Ray
03-02-2013, 04:54 PM
I thought UC's post season uni's were great last year.

joshnky
03-02-2013, 05:09 PM
I vote Kansas as the worst, especially compared to the regular unis which I think are pretty cool.

Definately. Also, UCLA's are pretty bad. For schools like Louisville and Cincinnati, that often change their uniforms I think this is fine. I don't understand why Kansas and UCLA agreed to this. They have recognizable and well-regarded uniforms and those blue shorts are disgraceful.

My opinion is probably a little skewed on this given the success Louisville had with the special uniforms last year. Also, I'm grateful that, of the group, UofL's are the least hideous.

joshnky
03-04-2013, 08:35 PM
I'd forgotten how hideous UC's current uniforms are. These aren't much worse. And I agree with a previous poster, the Jordan uniforms were great.

Boston Red
03-04-2013, 08:39 PM
KU didn't really agree. They're only gonna wear theirs once. Probably in a weekday afternoon Big XII Tournament QF that no one will see.

texasdave
03-04-2013, 10:02 PM
All is right in Mick's world tonight. Bearcats got their 50 points.

Stray
03-04-2013, 10:47 PM
All is right in Mick's world tonight. Bearcats got their 50 points.

His system deserves some blame no doubt, but we also have a bunch of guys that just cannot put the ball in the basket lol. Tho I guess he recruited them so...

He needs to recruit better scorers. I have no doubt he can teach anyone to play D. We are one of the worst shooting teams that happens to also be semi decent. It's frustrating.

Hillsdale87
03-05-2013, 10:42 AM
They are painful to watch. They have difficulty putting the ball in the basket, but Mick's system makes it even worse. Mick's system does not create shots but relies on players to create their own. The problem is that SK is the only guy that can do that. Titus Rubles has some talent, but he's completely misused by Mick. In another system that plays to his strengths, he would be a very effective player.

And the offensive ineptitude of the bigs is on Mick. Those guys are athletic. They may not have the ability to be great on offense, but guys that have that kind of length and athleticism should at least be decent on offense. Mick has not developed anybody during his time there. Yancy Gates was the same player when he graduated as he was when he got there. UC can have a decent program while Mick is there because he has proven that he can recruit solid talent. But Mick will not turn them into a great program because he hasn't proven that he can develop the talent.

texasdave
03-09-2013, 04:53 PM
The bad news is the Bearcats trails South Florida at halftime. The good news is they scored 23 points, which puts them right about on pace to get their 50. Incredible.

Stray
03-09-2013, 05:54 PM
The bad news is the Bearcats trails South Florida at halftime. The good news is they scored 23 points, which puts them right about on pace to get their 50. Incredible.

51 secs left down 47-46, I'll gladly take our 50 point goal lol.

dougdirt
03-09-2013, 06:27 PM
A win is a win.... but yeah, this team needs to figure out how to get the ball inside of the arc. They literally don't even seem to be trying to do anything but shoot threes for long stretches of time.

texasdave
03-09-2013, 06:43 PM
If this is how the team is going to play in New York, they should pack lightly.

Sea Ray
03-11-2013, 10:33 AM
A win is a win.... but yeah, this team needs to figure out how to get the ball inside of the arc. They literally don't even seem to be trying to do anything but shoot threes for long stretches of time.

I was at the game on Saturday so I missed the commentary by the experts but was that injury timeout with 18 secs left the correct call since we had the ball? I noticed that we had NFL referee Gene Steratore as the head official so I'm sure he had no problem handling Mick's complaint. Remember Gene? He did the Thurs night NFL game right after the Seattle/GB debacle and the end of the lockout:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Steratore

He must make a great living officiating NFL and NCAA basketball games. I think he's an excellent official in both sports. Very cool, calm and classy guy

dougdirt
03-11-2013, 01:02 PM
I was at the game on Saturday so I missed the commentary by the experts but was that injury timeout with 18 secs left the correct call since we had the ball? I noticed that we had NFL referee Gene Steratore as the head official so I'm sure he had no problem handling Mick's complaint. Remember Gene? He did the Thurs night NFL game right after the Seattle/GB debacle and the end of the lockout:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Steratore

He must make a great living officiating NFL and NCAA basketball games. I think he's an excellent official in both sports. Very cool, calm and classy guy

With the ball being 25 feet away from the basket when he went down, it was probably the right call.

texasdave
03-12-2013, 01:49 AM
Bearcats play Providence at 1200 EST on Wednesday. The game will be on ESPN. Their reward, if they should advance, is a butt-kicking at the feet of Georgetown.

Sea Ray
03-12-2013, 09:10 AM
Bearcats play Providence at 1200 EST on Wednesday. The game will be on ESPN. Their reward, if they should advance, is a butt-kicking at the feet of Georgetown.

Fine. Let's grab a win vs Providence and then kick back and see where 22 wins get us

Stray
03-12-2013, 11:49 AM
Call me crazy but I think we'd beat Georgetown if we get there. Mick's teams give the Hoyas problems.

Reds4Life
03-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Call me crazy but I think we'd beat Georgetown if we get there. Mick's teams give the Hoyas problems.

With the way this team plays offense, I don't see that happening.

In the dance, they could be hurt to. They play great defense, but typically the refs won't allow them to get away with as much as a Big East officiating crew will.

dougdirt
03-12-2013, 05:09 PM
If there is a good team in the BE that THIS UC team could beat, it is Georgetown, who often struggles to score in their own right.

Stray
03-13-2013, 12:08 PM
Nice to see we're sporting the camo and hot pink today.

dougdirt
03-13-2013, 12:27 PM
Nice to see we're sporting the camo and hot pink today.

Don't post things like that. Somewhere, someone responsible for these things is browsing the internet looking for someone to say a good thing about them.

texasdave
03-13-2013, 02:09 PM
61-44 win. Tough defense as always. That should get the team into the Dance.

Stray
03-13-2013, 11:27 PM
I thought we played ok today. Only thing that stuck out to me was at one point in the game we threw it in the post to Mbodj, he made what looked like a post move, and then he hit some weird awkward looking bank shot. I watch a lotta UC basketball and I was impressed.

Oh and since I already said I wouldn't be surprised I'll go ahead and call a win over Gtown. They are another defensive team that doesn't score a lot. They got us earlier this year but before that we were filling out tournament resumes with Gtown wins.

Don't post things like that. Somewhere, someone responsible for these things is browsing the internet looking for someone to say a good thing about them.

Haha I doubt Adidas is paying much attention. As ugly as they are we at least seem to play ok with them lol.

texasdave
03-14-2013, 12:14 AM
Mbodj did play a solid game. 8 points, 7 rebounds and 6 blocked shots.

dougdirt
03-14-2013, 12:22 PM
Back to not even trying to take a shot from within 20 feet.

Hillsdale87
03-14-2013, 12:50 PM
I've never seen a team hold the ball and move so little against a zone...

Hillsdale87
03-14-2013, 12:55 PM
I've never seen a team hold the ball and move so little against a zone...

But apparently it's working all of a sudden :laugh:

Stray
03-14-2013, 01:03 PM
Our best offense is when we just say screw it and make plays and take shots. Trying to run a guy in the middle or feed the post against their zone, with the contact the officials allow, ain't gonna work.

Go back to last year's kinda play and just let it fly. We may lose by 25 but ya never know.

Great run to make a game of it. Gotta think our guys are feeling good about things in the locker room.

dougdirt
03-14-2013, 01:35 PM
These refs are killing me.

Stray
03-14-2013, 01:50 PM
When we throw it to the post more often than not bad things happen. Just let it fly and see what happens.

Stray
03-14-2013, 01:57 PM
These refs are killing me.

It kills me how you can grab, reach and almost tackle a guy and it's fair play, but as soon as you get in the lane and sneeze someone tips over and it's a charge.

Stray
03-14-2013, 02:08 PM
Lets see what kinda seed we get. We aren't gonna win against anyone of SK has a game this bad.

43 points...

Todd Gack
03-14-2013, 02:55 PM
I finally jumped on the Mick bandwagon last year. I think I might be off again. Same pitiful stuff we've seen since December.

LoganBuck
03-14-2013, 05:06 PM
I still don't think it is a given that UC is in the dance.

SeeinRed
03-14-2013, 06:12 PM
I still don't think it is a given that UC is in the dance.

Its not really that close IMO. UC will be in the tournament. I'd bet the ranch on it. They were on the verge of becoming a questionable bubble team down the stretch, but they won the games they needed to win to stay firmly in the field.

texasdave
03-14-2013, 06:24 PM
I would criticize Mick's offense, if he had one. Pitiful. Just pitiful. Stray is right. Just grab the ball and go. First one that sees the rim takes the shot. Everyone crash the boards. Win ugly.

dougdirt
03-14-2013, 06:26 PM
I would criticize Mick's offense, if he had one. Pitiful. Just pitiful. Stray is right. Just grab the ball and go. First one that sees the rim takes the shot.

If they could play offense half as well as they play defense, they would have 5 losses this season, tops.

bucksfan2
03-15-2013, 11:03 AM
If they could play offense half as well as they play defense, they would have 5 losses this season, tops.

Mick never has focused on offense. The offense this season has been awful. It doesn't help that they don't have a post player but the ball movement is terrible, the movement away from the ball is terrible, its just a poor coaching job on Mick's behalf.

Stray
03-15-2013, 11:53 PM
Pretty weak bubble honestly. Most of the teams in the discussion have lost. I don't know if we're better than them, but I think playing in a tougher league will get us comfortably in.

The Catch 22 with us making it in the tournament is that I believe we'll score much better outside of the Big East, closer to like the Oregon game earlier this year, but we won't be able to defend the way we do in the Big East. Depending on the draw I think we can win a game or two.

And I will say it again, when we try to run offense it's terrible. We ran great plays that led to guys 3 feet from the hoop fumbling it, throwing it away, missing layups, or just stopping and looking around before throwing it back out. We have a problem where the only guys on the floor capable of creating shots for other people are the only ones who are capable of making the shots. Our best offense is to chuck it and crash the boards . Put backs, fast breaks and 3s are how we'll win, not pick and rolls and post ups.

Stray
03-17-2013, 06:09 PM
We drew Creighton in the 7 vs 10 on Friday. I like it because we will be able to score on them.

If we can find a way to pull the upset we'd likely get Duke in the round of 32. Ouch.

Captain13
03-19-2013, 03:44 PM
We drew Creighton in the 7 vs 10 on Friday. I like it because we will be able to score on them.

If we can find a way to pull the upset we'd likely get Duke in the round of 32. Ouch.

I hope the Bearcats can score on Creighton, but I'm not counting on it. UC hasn't proven to me that they could score in an empty gym. That being said, Creighton hasn't seen a defense like UC will put on them. This is one of the most intriguing matchups of the first round IMHO.

texasdave
03-22-2013, 05:08 PM
Anybody got a miracle lying around that they aren't using?

Stray
03-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Good effort today. I thought we gave it our best shot. SK's 3 rimmed out at the end.

Gonna miss Cash and Parker.

Stray
03-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Free trows at the end were killer. Can't be mad tho, Shaq played a heck of a game.

texasdave
03-22-2013, 05:24 PM
Hit your free throws. Sounds simple. I figured this game would go down to the final minute. No surprise there. I thought that three was going down for a second there.

moewan
03-22-2013, 05:31 PM
They played their rear ends off, unfortunately couldn't hit the free throws

Sea Ray
03-23-2013, 09:49 AM
They played their rear ends off, unfortunately couldn't hit the free throws

The whole season came down to "they can't shoot". It's not surprising that it ended this way. Creighton can shoot. We can't. We haven't had a big man that can shoot like Creighton had since Danny Fortson

CoachBombay
09-18-2013, 12:08 PM
2 really good signings in 2 days..God I hope Cincinnati basketball is back

LoganBuck
09-18-2013, 01:09 PM
2 really good signings in 2 days..God I hope Cincinnati basketball is back

I still haven't seen where they signed someone that can actually shoot the basketball.

CoachBombay
09-18-2013, 01:38 PM
I still haven't seen where they signed someone that can actually shoot the basketball.

We havent seen what the guards they signed for this year can do yet...time will tell how good Caupain Johnson and Morman will be and then Davis after this past redshirt year

LoganBuck
09-18-2013, 02:05 PM
We havent seen what the guards they signed for this year can do yet...time will tell how good Caupain Johnson and Morman will be and then Davis after this past redshirt year

But do any of these guys have a shooter's reputation?

CoachBombay
09-18-2013, 02:28 PM
But do any of these guys have a shooter's reputation?

Davis i believe had that reputation. Sk will obviously play 35 minutes a game at shooting guard and probably shoot about 40 times a game so that doesnt leave many shots for others. Throw in Shaq Thomas and I think those 2 will be your leading scorers.

But im not too sure about the incoming freshmen. I know KJ and Caupain are "scorers" Caupain went on streaks of 30 point games. I saw somewhere he went a few games in a row at 35 points and 19 boards. Unheard of numbers for a guard.

KJ from what ive heard is a great shooter but can also get to the rim.

Morman is said to be another "scorer". Ive yet to see any of them play other than highlight tapes. But those obviously only show the shots that go in.

And then of course there is lawrence.

So time will tell what these new guys will bring to the table. Ive yet to see any of them play. But nonetheless the team is at a much better position moving forward than they were 3 years ago. Heck even last year at this time