PDA

View Full Version : Dee Gordon

joe51391
12-02-2012, 10:20 PM
Dodgers have said they are looking to trade Gordon and I have always liked the kid. It probly wouldn't take much to get him maybe a bullpen arm and a low prospect his speed with hamilton at the top of the order would be unreal. Cozart and Gegorious could be dealt in other deals. We could fill the CF and LF in two other moves say Upton and Crisp. then you have a lineup of

Gordon
Crisp
Votto
Upton
Bruce
Frazier
Phillips
Hanigan

that is a championship lineup

RedsBrick
12-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Dodgers have said they are looking to trade Gordon and I have always liked the kid. It probly wouldn't take much to get him maybe a bullpen arm and a low prospect his speed with hamilton at the top of the order would be unreal. Cozart and Gegorious could be dealt in other deals. We could fill the CF and LF in two other moves say Upton and Crisp. then you have a lineup of

Gordon
Crisp
Votto
Upton
Bruce
Frazier
Phillips
Hanigan

Without regard to these names, my question is are you really batting Phillips in the 7-hole or is this just random?

joe51391
12-02-2012, 10:29 PM
phillips would bat 7th he hit better further down the lineup plus he would get alot of rbi's

bigredmechanism
12-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Dee Gordon is a prime example of why I think we should trade Billy Hamilton while his stock is high.

BA OPB SLG OPS
.228 .280 .281 .561

You want that leadoff? Looks like a young Willy Taveras.

dMaus14
12-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Dee Gordon is a prime example of why I think we should trade Billy Hamilton while his stock is high.

BA OPB SLG OPS
.228 .280 .281 .561

You want that leadoff? Looks like a young Willy Taveras.

He was a rookie. Not advocating to trade for him or to not trade for him. But I believe we should trade Billy Hamilton while his stock is high. As much as I like our prospects they are still just that, prospects.

m21eagle45
12-02-2012, 11:47 PM

Gordon
Crisp
Votto
Upton
Bruce
Frazier
Phillips
Hanigan

Wouldn't it make more sense to have BP 2nd with Crisp leading off and the career .228 Gordon hitting 7 or 8? Get the better hitter with the higher average and obp in front of Votto where he would get more pitches to hit and give Votto more chances to drive in runs. I am no manager...but that lineup has flaws.

texasdave
12-03-2012, 12:08 AM
Wouldn't it make more sense to have BP 2nd with Crisp leading off and the career .228 Gordon hitting 7 or 8? Get the better hitter with the higher average and obp in front of Votto where he would get more pitches to hit and give Votto more chances to drive in runs. I am no manager...but that lineup has flaws.

That lineup is perfect for Dusty. SS and CF go one-two. Catcher bats 8th, dude. Gordon is fast with a low OBP. Perfection.

bigredmechanism
12-03-2012, 12:42 AM
He was a rookie. Not advocating to trade for him or to not trade for him. But I believe we should trade Billy Hamilton while his stock is high. As much as I like our prospects they are still just that, prospects.

Gordon played in 45 games the year before, so while still technically a rookie, his second season was much tougher. Pitchers had a better idea of his weaknesses.

With Hamilton, I really just don't see where he has proven that he can hit. Being fast is great, but he has a ton to prove, and from what I hear his fielding in center is not very desirable. I'd love to see him moved in a package for a true stud while his name is on everyone's lips. I think his value will never be higher than it is right now.

[deleted]
12-03-2012, 02:16 AM
This is, in my mind, one of the absolute worst moves the Reds could make. Dee Gordon is the exact opposite of what we need. He's fast... and can do nothing else. He's has no power. He has no on-base skills. He plays terrible defense. He's bad on a Stubbs-esque level. Give him to Dusty and watch last season repeat itself all over again. I would hate this move so, soooooo much. Please, Walt... god...satan...anyone (Santa?)... Don't ever let something like this happen.

MoneyInTheBank
12-03-2012, 06:00 AM
Trading assets at this point for a non-position of need when there are gaping holes elsewhere does not make sense for the Reds at this point, IMO

Alpha Zero
12-03-2012, 08:00 AM
Trading assets at this point for a non-position of need when there are gaping holes elsewhere does not make sense for the Reds at this point, IMO

Agreed. Let's focus on the real problems. Dee Gordon makes less than zero sense for the Reds at this point in time.