PDA

View Full Version : David Price

Hondo
12-08-2012, 05:48 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/12/rays-still-seek-catcher.html

The Rays continue “poking around” for a catcher, Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com reports (on Twitter). They asked at least one team about the possibility of working on a three-way trade that would send Devin Mesoraco from Cincinnati to Tampa Bay.

If the Rays are so high on Mesoraco, and are clearly looking at trading Price because of his Salary, especaially in the Wake of Longoria's extension...

Why not a Mesoraco/Cingrani + Low Level Prospects for David Price...

They want a Catcher, and then the Reds can Move Leake for a CF/Lead-Off or put him in the Bullpen as a Long-Man.

Votto4MVP
12-08-2012, 05:54 PM

If the Rays are so high on Mesoraco, and are clearly looking at trading Price because of his Salary, especaially in the Wake of Longoria's extension...

They want a Catcher, and then the Reds can Move Leake for a CF/Lead-Off or put him in the Bullpen as a Long-Man.

Too expensive. We cant add that much salary.

RedTruck
12-08-2012, 05:57 PM

HELL, give them:

Mesoraco + Gregorious + Leake/Cingrani + Hamilton and get ready to print world series tickets.

Mesoraco + Cingrani + a low lvl prospect wouldn't be enough in my opinion.

But imagine, a rotation with:

Cueto
Chapman
Latos
Price
Bailey

Holy hell. That's a rotation FULL of aces, and would probably trump what the phillies had going with Lee, Hamels, and Halladay.

Hondo
12-08-2012, 06:00 PM
HELL, give them:

Mesoraco + Gregorious + Leake/Cingrani + Hamilton and get ready to print world series tickets.

Mesoraco + Cingrani + a low lvl prospect wouldn't be enough in my opinion.

But imagine, a rotation with:

Cueto
Chapman
Latos
Price
Bailey

Holy hell. That's a rotation FULL of aces, and would probably trump what the phillies had going with Lee, Hamels, and Halladay.

I like how ya think as long as Hamilton stays a Red.

JayBruceFan
12-09-2012, 02:15 AM
Too expensive. We cant add that much salary.

Trust me, they would FIND a way to afford Price if they had a real chance to get him. Any team would.

Tuff Nut
12-09-2012, 08:51 AM
I like how most everyone here 'over-values' every other teams players, and 'under-values' the Reds. If a Mez + (1) of Lotzcar, Didi, or Corcino, + (1) of a low level prospect, if needed, can't get it done, then move along. If the Rays really want to trade Price, or really want Mez, then they'll bite....

drowg14
12-09-2012, 12:53 PM
I like how most everyone here 'over-values' every other teams players, and 'under-values' the Reds. If a Mez + (1) of Lotzcar, Didi, or Corcino, + (1) of a low level prospect, if needed, can't get it done, then move along. If the Rays really want to trade Price, or really want Mez, then they'll bite....

I would say that I see the opposite more often. People over valuing the Reds prospects. But Mes is one I do see undervalued on here quite a bit right now.

Hondo
12-09-2012, 03:55 PM

This is what I have been saying for years... 100% Agree!

[deleted]
12-09-2012, 04:43 PM
I'm going to have to strongly disagree and say that people are severely underestimating what it would take to get Price. Mes + Lotzkar and a "lower prospect" is a joke. Look at what SD landed for Latos - the money is different, but Price's pedigree and talent would more than make up for it. If - or when - he's traded, he'll bring in a substantial amount, way beyond these suggestions.

Hondo
12-09-2012, 05:19 PM
;2784925']I'm going to have to strongly disagree and say that people are severely underestimating what it would take to get Price. Mes + Lotzkar and a "lower prospect" is a joke. Look at what SD landed for Latos - the money is different, but Price's pedigree and talent would more than make up for it. If - or when - he's traded, he'll bring in a substantial amount, way beyond these suggestions.

I guess the fact that Tampa Bay "wants" Mesoraco... and I didn't say Lotzkar... But I think Mesoraco, Corcino, DiDi, & Soto is a compelling package.

nheath22
12-09-2012, 10:57 PM
There goes any chance of that 3 way trade. Price was just traded to Kansas City for Will Meyers and prospects according to Ken_Rosenthal on twitter. https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal

Spider Tre
12-10-2012, 12:42 AM
There goes any chance of that 3 way trade. Price was just traded to Kansas City for Will Meyers and prospects according to Ken_Rosenthal on twitter. https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal

that was James Shields. Price is still available

nheath22
12-10-2012, 08:37 AM
that was James Shields. Price is still available

You are right, that was my fault. Serves me right posting past my bedtime.

Price could still be dealt, but he may be more valuable to the Rays now that they did deal 2 of their potential starters for next year.