PDA

View Full Version : Your fantasy lineup with Shin-Soo Choo in the lineup?

RedTruck
12-11-2012, 06:20 PM
1. Choo
2. Phillips
3. Votto
4. Ludwick
5. Bruce
6. Frazier
7. Hannigan
8. Cozart
9 Pitcher

The beauty with Choo is that he has the same makeup as Brandon Phillips to an extent, with plus attributes.

Choo easily has the potential for 25 HR, 100+ RBI's, and 30 SB.

I have no doubt playing in GABP will pad up his stats similar to what occured with Ludwick. We might have just aquired our asian justin upton in some regards!:beerme:

MoneyInTheBank
12-11-2012, 07:17 PM
1. Choo
2. Phillips
3. Votto
4. Ludwick
5. Bruce
6. Frazier
7. Hannigan
8. Cozart
9 Pitcher

The beauty with Choo is that he has the same makeup as Brandon Phillips to an extent, with plus attributes.

I have no doubt playing in GABP will pad up his stats similar to what occured with Ludwick. We might have just aquired our asian justin upton in some regards!:beerme:

I would probably flip Hanigan and Cozart just because the 8 hitter will see less to hit with the pitcher behind him and Hanigan is the much more patient hitter and would take more walks from that spot.

jmac
12-11-2012, 08:02 PM
1. Choo
2. Phillips
3. Votto
4. Ludwick
5. Bruce
6. Frazier
7. Hannigan
8. Cozart
9 Pitcher

Couldnt do much better than yours ! :thumbup:

The DARK
12-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Looks like an opening day lineup to me. Unless, that is, they roll out Mes to show that he'll be inheriting the position sooner or later and want to give him some confidence.

Salukifan2
12-11-2012, 09:43 PM
it's too bad Bruce isn't right handed and ludwick left handed. I will boldly predict that bruce hits 15+ more homeruns next year than ludwick.

bigredmechanism
12-12-2012, 12:39 AM
1. Choo
2. Phillips
3. Votto
4. Ludwick
5. Bruce
6. Frazier
7. Hannigan
8. Cozart
9 Pitcher

Sounds about right, but I think MoneyInTheBank has it nailed perfectly for opening day. Although, I highly doubt Choo can even sniff 100 RBI's batting in the leadoff spot. 100 runs is more feasible. I cannot even describe how much I like this lineup though. A high OBP leadoff man can change a lot.

HometownHero
12-12-2012, 01:07 AM
I will boldly predict that bruce hits 15+ more homeruns next year than ludwick.

Only if Ludwick gets hurt or Jay breaks 40. Ludwick has a swing made for GABP hitting 25 HR there in 325 AB and has shown power everywhere except when he got owned mentally by PetCo park and got pull happy.

jhiller21
12-12-2012, 02:48 AM
I would probably flip Hanigan and Cozart just because the 8 hitter will see less to hit with the pitcher behind him and Hanigan is the much more patient hitter and would take more walks from that spot.

All the more reason to bat him in front of Cozart. Hanny gets on base a lot, only to be bunted over by the pitcher, or have the pitcher end the inning. This way Cozart could double him in (possibly), or set up a squeeze play for the pitcher. Either way, Cozart has some power. Always bat OBP in front of power.

HometownHero
12-12-2012, 03:07 AM
Cozart 8th is the best shot until he shows he can get on base, those added IBB and pitch abound walks hitting 8 will help hide his poor OBP. Plus the pop 8th could clear the bases if they have no place for the pitcher and if he doubles to start an inning they can always bunt him to 3rd for Choo to drive in.

herbdizzle
12-12-2012, 08:20 AM
I agree batting Cozart 8th. The point about his power is a good one. Hanigan has no pop whatsoever and Cozart's doubles capability could really blow open the occasional game when a rally goes into the bottom of the order.

MattyVTX
12-12-2012, 09:46 AM
Fantasy? My fantasy is that Mes starts hitting like he did in the high minors and squeezes his way into the lineup most every day. I also Fantasize about Frazier slugging his way to the 4 hole. Gotta love fantasies.

Choo
DatDude
Joey
Frazier
Jay
Ludwick
Mes
Cozart

swaisuc
12-12-2012, 10:56 AM
All the more reason to bat him in front of Cozart. Hanny gets on base a lot, only to be bunted over by the pitcher, or have the pitcher end the inning. This way Cozart could double him in (possibly), or set up a squeeze play for the pitcher. Either way, Cozart has some power. Always bat OBP in front of power.

Disagree. If you flip them... Hannigan sees way more strikes, his OBP goes down (over a large enough sample size). Cozart sees less strikes, his OBP may go up or he may chase more trash and have worse numbers.

I think you want your most patient hitter hitting in the spot where he sees the most balls.

Bob Sheed
12-12-2012, 11:10 AM
1. Choo
2. Phillips
3. Votto
4. Ludwick
5. Bruce
6. Frazier
7. Hannigan
8. Cozart
9 Pitcher

Catchers bat 8th, dude.

faffy42
12-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Choo
Phillips
Frazier
Votto
Ludwick
Bruce
Hanigan
Cozart

gedred69
12-12-2012, 11:35 PM
I am glad to see Phillips batting 2nd, perfect fit for a free swinger like him. This line-up is set up perfectly for Votto to be an absolute monster, ala Pujols or Bonds. Opponents might even walk a run in to avoid his bat!

BluegrassRedleg
12-13-2012, 02:30 AM
Suggested lineup looks A-OK. Just need another great year from Ludwick to make it really work. Votto's got his table-setters now. Just needs protection.