PDA

View Full Version : Biggest myth of them all today

BluegrassRedleg
12-11-2012, 09:30 PM
That the Reds somehow lose an elite defensive player with this trade. Not even close. Stubbs is a fast guy. That is it. He is good from gap to gap because of his one God-given ability. He's subpar on balls hit short right at him, and borderline awful on deep balls hit right at him. (Granted, that's the toughest play for any OF.) Arm is average at best. We're not talking about losing 1987-caliber Eric Davis here.

The Reds' defense will be A-OK. There may be one ball every week or so that Choo (or whoever) doesn't catch that Drew Stubbs would have. And there might be one they come up with that he wouldn't.

webbbj
12-11-2012, 09:36 PM
Also to all our impatient fans that always whined and complained that Walt was just sitting on his hands doing nothing. I guess these past two off seasons dismissed that myth.

Red Raindog
12-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Also to all our impatient fans that always whined and complained that Walt was just sitting on his hands doing nothing. I guess these past two off seasons dismissed that myth.

yup === got to say he has been an upgrade!

Maker_84
12-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Choo has very good speed and is a very good baserunner. Isn't as fast as Stubbs but better in alot of other areas and waaaay better in hitting

RedTruck
12-11-2012, 09:48 PM
That the Reds somehow lose an elite defensive player with this trade. Not even close. Stubbs is a fast guy. That is it. He is good from gap to gap because of his one God-given ability. He's subpar on balls hit short right at him, and borderline awful on deep balls hit right at him. (Granted, that's the toughest play for any OF.) Arm is average at best. We're not talking about losing 1987-caliber Eric Davis here.

The Reds' defense will be A-OK. There may be one ball every week or so that Choo (or whoever) doesn't catch that Drew Stubbs would have. And there might be one they come up with that he wouldn't.

The run differential between the defense we lost, and the offense we gained is not even measurable.

webbbj
12-11-2012, 09:52 PM
The run differential between the defense we lost, and the offense we gained is not even measurable.

Yeah, and just my guess probably not the greatest thing to have a -WAR player in the lineup.