PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler Alert - American Idol

JaxRed
12-19-2012, 02:58 PM
Idol cutdowns are going on. They take 180 or so to Vegas and then cut down in rounds.

They are at the Top 40. 20 boys/20 girls. I have no first hand knowledge of this in any way. I'm only reporting what a Spoiler Web site published.

But that web site said my nephew (in law?) has made the Top 20 boys.

RedTruck
12-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Idol cutdowns are going on. They take 180 or so to Vegas and then cut down in rounds.

They are at the Top 40. 20 boys/20 girls. I have no first hand knowledge of this in any way. I'm only reporting what a Spoiler Web site published.

But that web site said my nephew (in law?) has made the Top 20 boys.

is he from the nast nati?

JaxRed
12-19-2012, 03:52 PM
He's from Tennessee

JaxRed
01-22-2013, 12:38 AM
Update - Idol on Thursdays showed previews of Wednesday's show that had quick clips of my grand-nephew. So apparently they are showing his audition.

As I said the spoiler sites have him in the Top 40 and this year the Top 40 all get a song shown in the Vegas cutdown from 40 to 20.

His name is Jimmy Smith from Nashville.

JaxRed
01-23-2013, 10:16 PM
Here was his audition from tonight. (you can take the video to 720)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xwzhbk_jimmy-smith-auditions-charlotte-american-idol-2013_tv#.UQCmQSdHTNI

AtomicDumpling
01-25-2013, 04:38 PM
He was good! I hope he does well.

Redhook
01-25-2013, 07:58 PM
He was good. Thanks for sharing.

On the flipside, good gracious are the judges bad. It's amazing how far this show has gone down hill in recent years. I enjoy watching singing competitions, but watching American Idol is getting difficult now. Thank god for DVR! IMO, it's clearly the worst of the bunch compared to X Factor and The Voice. The talent, the judges, the flow of the show, and the format are better on those shows.

Redhook
01-30-2013, 10:33 PM
Just when I was about to write you off American Idol, you go ahead do something like this. Tonight's episode was fantastic. There was some serious talent and great emotional stories. A+.

JaxRed
02-21-2013, 10:57 PM
Well, if you saw the episode tonight he got eliminated. He sang great...... but the word on the street before it ever happened was that they were not going to let anyone that resembles the last 5 winners (white, male, southern, semi-country) get thru.

They are trying to get a female winner. It sure looks like they are trying to get Angela Miller to win.

jmac
02-21-2013, 11:11 PM
I actually hadnt read this thread till now and so didnt realize the connections. I will say after he was told he was being sent home.....I told my wife " I can see that guy being a big time country singer ".
He's got a great voice. :thumbup: