PDA

View Full Version : Watched some good movies this weekend

coachpipe
01-22-2013, 08:58 AM
So I recently needed some me time, so I decided to watch some movies that I have wanted to see. First I started off my weekend watching The Announcement on Netflix. I dare someone to watch that movie and not shed a tear by the end. What a GREAT ballplayer Magic was and wow what an inspirational and eye opening story. Imagine if he and Jordan would have had more years playing against eachother.

I then watched Eight Men Out. About the Blacksox Scandal. I learned a lot about this whole event at Ohio University while getting my Sports Administration Degree. Another great movie and man what a sad story for the players who werent involved. Didnt know Shoeless Joe couldnt read. He and Buck Weaver really got hosed on the whole deal.

Blue Chips...What a great movie that is. Ive seen it before, But man why did it take me so long to watch it again. Such a great movie. And just in time for basketball recruiting. To give Jermaine Lawrence a tractor and $30,000 cash or not? haha, but seriously another great movie.

I wanted to get some comedy in the mix so I went back in the time machine and watched Wet Hot American Summer. I had never seen that movie before but had heard great things. And boy were they right. Did you ever notice who all was in that cast? its loaded. I also noticed all of those characters were also in a TV series called Wainy Days and a Movie called The Baxter. I had never heard of these 2 before, but now im intrigued.

The last movie I watched this weekend was Django Unchained and WOW. I didnt know what to expect honestly. I knew it was 2 hours and 45 minutes long and I am not one who likes watching movies in the theaters all that much. But I must say, there was not a second during this movie that I thought a scene was dragging on too long. But then again its a Tarantino movie and I absolutely love his work. Probably the one of the best movies I have ever seen.

Also anyone seen Hell On wheels? What a great show. AMC sure knows what they are doing. They have the best shows on TV right now

Johnny Footstool
01-27-2013, 01:52 AM
Wet Hot is one of my all-time favorites. "You're doin' it, man! You're saving those kids! Oh...Oh wow! You did it! You saved them!"

David Wain, Michael Showalter, Michael Ian Black, Ken Marino, Paul Rudd, Bradley Cooper, Janine Garofalo, Elizabeth Banks, Jo Lo Truglio -- you might not recognize the names, but you know the faces. Check out "The State" -- a sketch comedy series from the mid-90s. You should also check out Children's Hospital on Adult Swim, Netflix, or DVD. It shares most of the same sensibilities (and some of the same cast) as Wet Hot.

Django Unchained was amazing. The first hour was brilliant, and the rest of the movie was nearly as good as the first half.