PDA

View Full Version : Reds sign former perfect game snub

coachpipe
01-22-2013, 12:01 PM
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2013/01/22/report-reds-have-signed-armando-galarraga/

Ironically he will be on the roster with Jason Donald who "broke up" his perfect game

alwaysawarrior
01-22-2013, 12:38 PM
I like this sign for an added depth move. If he has to be used in a pinch he could be and give him Bryan Price to work with and our defense behind him I think he could be serviceable.

MoneyInTheBank
01-22-2013, 12:43 PM
You can never have too much Starting Pitching depth. Love it

Beatlessp
01-22-2013, 01:26 PM
not bad for depth at AAA...i felt so bad for him on that blown call....

PaulyOH
01-23-2013, 12:50 AM
Like the signing....hope we never have to see him pitching for the Reds.:)

Sir Luke
01-24-2013, 02:54 PM
Not bad for insurance purposes. I like it. Price may be able to make something of him given the chance. He will never be more than a AAA starter unless a spew of injuries occur, but not bad.

The DARK
01-24-2013, 05:12 PM
Man, we are gonna have a ton of AAA depth... Corcino, Cingrani, Redmond, Galarraga, and Villarreal are all guys I'd feel comfortable with starting a major league game in a pinch. That's not even considering the possibility of Chapman moving to the rotation and Leake being sent down. Expect few runs to be scored in Louisville this year... their lineup doesn't look all that impressive beyond Hamilton.

Sir Luke
01-24-2013, 07:21 PM
Man, we are gonna have a ton of AAA depth... Corcino, Cingrani, Redmond, Galarraga, and Villarreal are all guys I'd feel comfortable with starting a major league game in a pinch. That's not even considering the possibility of Chapman moving to the rotation and Leake being sent down. Expect few runs to be scored in Louisville this year... their lineup doesn't look all that impressive beyond Hamilton.

Chapman to the rotation isn't just a possibility. It is going to happen. We've known this for a long time now.