Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Redszone Dynasty League 2013 -- Season 5

Re: Redszone Dynasty League 2013 -- Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    I was thinking of making the pick a day or two early, not (almost) a full week early. But, it doesn't matter to me.
    Well it is purely up to you (do it now). You can make the pick early (do it now) or wait until Friday at Noon when your timer starts. In past years we have seen picks made early, but it is definitely not required. (do it now) So there is no pressure to make that pick early (do it now) if you don't want to. (do it now)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Well it is purely up to you (do it now). You can make the pick early (do it now) or wait until Friday at Noon when your timer starts. In past years we have seen picks made early, but it is definitely not required. (do it now) So there is no pressure to make that pick early (do it now) if you don't want to. (do it now)
    So, are you saying I should wait?

*Curses subliminal messaging*

Reminder: the draft officially starts at Noon on Friday, that is two days from now!

Three picks have already been made in the draft, which is awesome. Oscar Taveras, Christian Yelich and Dayan Viciedo are off the board. Seems like young hitters are popular these days.

CRF2000 is next up with the 1.4 pick, but he won't be on the clock until Noon Friday.

Well the trend has continued with the #4 pick i picked Boston Red Sox O.F. prospect Jackie Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by cinredsfan2000 View Post
    Well the trend has continued with the #4 pick i picked Boston Red Sox O.F. prospect Jackie Bradley
    He is having a great spring.

Pick 1:12
    Brandon McCarthy Sp Arizona Diamondbacks

BREAKING NEWS:

Yahoo has added a long-awaited new feature to fantasy baseball that we have been wanting to add since the inception of our league in 2009. We now have the option to include a Minor League Roster!

Most of us have been eagerly awaiting the option to have a minor league roster in our league. Yahoo finally came through! Our dynasty format is perfect for this new feature. The minor league roster will augment our league with a new level of strategy and realism. It will allow us to plan for the future and stash some future stars without hindering our ability to field a complete team of major leaguers during the season. The draft will become more important. Prospects will become more valuable. It will be easier to rebuild a non-contending team into a contender over time and give the teams at the bottom of the standings more hope and more fun during the rebuilding process.

The new feature allows up to 5 players to be added to an "NA Roster". This means that any player with a red NA designation after their name could be placed on your team's NA roster. The vast majority of players with an NA designation are minor leaguers, but there are also players who have not signed with a team yet (like Kyle Lohse or Carlos Lee) and players who have been suspended (Like Carlos Ruiz or Yasmani Grandal).

The NA Roster works just like the Disabled List does. All of us are already familiar with how the DL works in our league. To be placed on the DL a player must have the red DL label next to his name. Players on the DL do not count towards your 30-man roster limit. Once a player is activated from the real MLB disabled list he must be removed from your team's DL or else you won't be able to make any roster changes until you do. When you take a player off your DL you must drop a player from your active roster. The NA roster works the same way. Therefore, once one of your minor leaguers gets called up to the big leagues he would have to be added to your normal 30-man roster or you would have to drop him.

Yahoo allows leagues to decide the number of DL slots. Anywhere from 0-5 are possible. In our league we voted to have 4 DL slots.

Yahoo allows leagues to decide the number of NA slots. Anywhere from 0-5 are possible. We have not decided how many NA slots to use. We need to do that now. Right now. We need to decide this ASAP so we can implement this before Opening Day.

My tentative plan is to add 2 NA slots for this season and ramp up to 5 NA slots next season. If the maximum number of NA slots is increased in future seasons we will grow our NA slots to the maximum that is allowed. For dynasty league keeper purposes, any minor league player on your NA list at the end of a season will be a keeper the following spring, but retired, inactive or suspended players cannot be kept on your NA roster during the offseason. So if you want to keep them they will have to be kept as part of your normal 30-man roster. In other words, when we start up a new season you will be able to keep up to 30 major league players and up to 5 minor league players.

The new NA roster would not be opened until after our current draft is over. This will make it fair for everyone.

Are you guys OK with that plan? Would you like to suggest a better plan or a modification to my plan?

Please discuss this new feature here. After a short period of discussion I will decide how to proceed with implementing this cool new feature.

Points to discuss:

• How many NA slots to use this year.
    • How many NA slots to use in future years.
    • Should we start small and ramp up the size of the NA roster over time? Or go straight to the full 5-man minor league roster now?
    • Should we limit the NA roster to minor leaguers only? Or should we allow unsigned players and suspended players to be put on the NA roster as well?

I am hoping we can have a quick, friendly discussion and resolve the issue without any arguing or hurt feelings. I think we can.

Share your thoughts!
    Last edited by AtomicDumpling; 03-22-2013 at 03:01 PM.

So, when Ryan Braun is suspended I can put him on a separate roster? Suh weeet

I'm all for using a minor league roster to supplement the main roster. Starting out with 3 NA spots sounds good but so does using the full 5 spots. And, yes using NA spots for suspended players like Grandal makes some sense to me since those situations can complicate team management.

Stat geek...and proud
    Selfishly, I think we should go straight to 5 spots, since I have a bunch of minor league guys.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I like the idea of going straight to 5 NA guys. Any player with NA should be eligible.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

So far it looks like the idea of going straight to 5 NA slots is all the rage. Camisadelgolf replied to me via email and also voted for going strait to 5.

Another question is when? If a majority responds in the affirmative then there's no need to wait for a couple that haven't replied yet or the start of the season.

The new NA roster would not be opened until after our current draft is over. This will make it fair for everyone.
    It could still be fair. IF someone hasn't used a pick then they might go before someone that has. Otherwise, I don't see the need to wait.

I am new to the league but wanted to point something out. We carry 11 hitters & 8 pitchers. Then an 11 man bench. Wow. An 11 man bench. Now folks already have some minor leaguers stashed so lets say folks have a 8-9 man bench plus 2-3 minor leaguers. If they want to hoard minor league talent in a plan to rebuild then it costs them a few more bench spots. Say Mr Basement has 6 minor leaguers then he has to play with a 5 man bench. No problem. A 5 man bench seems fine. Now if everybody has 5 minor league players & an 11 man bench then every prospect under the sun will be kept & every halfway decent major league player will be on someones bench. The waiver wire will be a wasteland. So it will definitely change the nature of the game.

Turn Off Ads?