Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Site Sluggishness

Re: Site Sluggishness

Our host confirmed things looked better today, but there are still some problematic queries that are running. As a result, I am going to disable all custom code through tomorrow's game to determine if the code is stock vBulletin code or custom code. Unfortunately, that will likely result in some spam bot registrations during this time, as most of the anti-spam measure are customized addons.

2. Turn Off Ads?

On second thought, I have disabled a few server intensive options (mostly related to showing users performing an action such as viewing a thread). I'll hold off on disabling the custom addons until I see how the site performs with these options disabled.

Tonight was as bad as it's been, so I'll try disabling all our custom addons shortly before tomorrow night's game.

The site was starting to get sluggish (three hours before tonight's game), so I've disabled all custom addons to see if that helps. This should at least isolate if it's a problem with custom or stock vBulletin code.

With the custom addons off, the spambots started coming through in full force. In the meantime, I've required a moderator to approve a new registration before he or she can begin posting.

I have no idea what any of this stuff means but I appreciate the effort and the updates. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    I have no idea what any of this stuff means but I appreciate the effort and the updates. Thank you!
    Was about to say the same thing. Thanks as always Boss!
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Thanks for everyone's patience. I'm cautiously optimistic the problem(s) is one of the addons I've disabled.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

tons better for me too Boss. Refresh is a small price to pay for stability.

We're definitely not out of the woods yet, but if we make it through tonight's game without any problems, beginning tomorrow, I can begin re-enabling the custom addons one by one (including the one you're referring to) until we pinpoint which addon (or addons) caused the problem and get rid of that one(s) altogether.

It appears we got through last night's game OK, so with each game from now on, I'll begin re-enabling each custom addon one by one until the server starts having problems again. At that point, I'll know which addon, or addons, is causing the problem. Hang tight because I think I'm finally close to having this resolved.

If none of the above makes sense, as it appears from the above replies it doesn't, just let me know and I'll try to explain it another way.

Thanks for all your hard work. I had noticed my like button missing. Now know the reason. No problem with that. I had massive problems with my desktop at home recently and know how frustrating these things can be.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I wasn't on the site at any point during today's game, so can someone please tell me how the performance was? Did it appear on par (or better) than it was last night or did we regress back to pages loading very slowly or the site being inaccessible altogether?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I wasn't on the site at any point during today's game, so can someone please tell me how the performance was? Did it appear on par (or better) than it was last night or did we regress back to pages loading very slowly or the site being inaccessible altogether?
    worked ok for me

Thanks Phil - that's good news. Everyone else, please continue to chime in either way.

Turn Off Ads?