Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: The dawn of Yorman Rodriguez?

Re: The dawn of Yorman Rodriguez?

http://marksheldon.mlblogs.com/2014/...sed-by-yo-rod/

“I think he’s performed well in his limited opportunities,” Price said. “I’m excited to see him out there and see him play. He’s really impressed me with his approach. Even if you’re out there for batting practice, he has that middle-of-the-diamond to right-center approach. For a guy who has enough power to think he’s a home run hitter, at this point in his development he could be a pull approach guy and he’s not

2. Turn Off Ads?

From the same piece:

“We think he can,” Price said. “He’s getting the opportunity to show the Major League staff what he can do at the Major League level. We’ve seen him in Spring Training once. Kind of like the showcase of Billy Hamilton last year in September, he didn’t play a lot but when he played, he impressed. I think it made us all feel better going into this season that he was ready to come up here and challenge for that spot in center field.

“I don’t know that Yorman is quite to the same place developmentally because he hasn’t played any Triple-A yet but this is a great opportunity for him to kind of give us an idea of what he offers at this point in time of his development. He does provide us with a guy that we’re all organizationally we are very excited about being an impact player for us in the near future.”
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

I have come away impressed with the bat speed. I don't know how it measures, but to me it looks very swift through the zone. And you have to love his use of all fields.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

5. Likes:

REDREAD (09-26-2014)

While YRod hasn't started a fire exactly, he hasn't looked outclassed. I'm feeling pretty good about his chances at being a decent big league hitter. A year, or half year at AAA and he may be ready.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

While YRod hasn't started a fire exactly, he hasn't looked outclassed. I'm feeling pretty good about his chances at being a decent big league hitter. A year, or half year at AAA and he may be ready.
    I agree. Don't know if he needs all that time in AAA, but it couldn't hurt. You may be able to accelerate his development by having him learn at the major league level. In any case, I expect him to start in AAA.

He is first in the Reds minors in 33 xbh. Quickly climbing to an .800 OPS.

Even if he has a mediocre year at AAA, I believe he joins the Reds in 2016 taking Heisey's role as an outfielder capable of playing all three positions. An OF of Bruce, Hamilton, Winker, Waldrop, and YRod provides defensive coverage, good platoon possibilities, and pinch hitting improvement. If Waldrop works out at 1B, it could provide additional flexibility.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    Even if he has a mediocre year at AAA, I believe he joins the Reds in 2016 taking Heisey's role as an outfielder capable of playing all three positions. An OF of Bruce, Hamilton, Winker, Waldrop, and YRod provides defensive coverage, good platoon possibilities, and pinch hitting improvement. If Waldrop works out at 1B, it could provide additional flexibility.
    He doesn't have much of a choice. He will be out of options in 2016.

Turn Off Ads?