Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Would you trade...

Would you trade...

Pujols for R Howard and Willingham? Based on rankings probably not, but it sounds like it makes a lot of sense. Thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Would you trade...

It depends on how many teams are in your league and what the scoring system is, but probably not. It is not a bad deal but I am guessing you could do better for Pujols.

4. Likes:

camisadelgolf (03-31-2013)

Nope!

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    It depends on how many teams are in your league and what the scoring system is, but probably not. It is not a bad deal but I am guessing you could do better for Pujols.
    Standard 5x5, 14 teams.

On its face I don't love it but when you think about it, why? Willingham can come close to Pu numbers and then you throw in Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Standard 5x5, 14 teams.

On its face I don't love it but when you think about it, why? Willingham can come close to Pu numbers and then you throw in Howard.
    Because they're both decent players at their position while Pujols is near the top. In fantasy baseball, those guys who are well above average at their position are a lot more valuable than two average ones...

Noooooooo way.

Pujols was espn ranked 20th hitter, Willingham 41 last year. Now add Howard who is looking good this spring.

You're probably downgrading at 1B. How does Willingham compare to your other outfielders? He'd have to be a significant upgrade over your 3rd OF in order to make the deal worthwhile.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

No way. Pujols for Fielder and Willingham, maybe.

Generally in fantasy, I prefer to trade two nickels for a dime rather than the other way around.
    Go BLUE!!!

I ended up declining it. I had some OF depth but felt I could use RBI. Also thought I could end up flipping one of those guys (likely Will) for pitching.

Oh well, time will tell.

Pujols was espn ranked 20th hitter, Willingham 41 last year. Now add Howard who is looking good this spring.
    It was the best season of Willingham's career and Pujols's weakest...

I ended up declining it. I had some OF depth but felt I could use RBI. Also thought I could end up flipping one of those guys (likely Will) for pitching.

Oh well, time will tell.
    I think you made the right choice. I believe Howard's gonna go down hill much faster than Pujols is

Turn Off Ads?