Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rookie/Keeper OF

Re: Rookie/Keeper OF

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Nope, I don't think he is an elite prospect. None of the prospecting gurus had him ranked in their Top 25 prospects. ESPN didn't even have him in the Top 100. Fangraphs had him #99.

The arrest is not the reason why I said that. The arrest should hold him back a bit, but won't affect his long term status too much, other than the fact it shows he is not too bright.

Puig had a great spring training that boosted his stock. He is a good prospect who may end up becoming a star, but there are quite a few prospects I would rather have.
    My post was about how you felt about his arrest. That's why that part was underlined.

I don't think the arrest means much if it's an isolated incident. And I get that you don't think he's an elite prospect. Right now I'd agree. But, I do think that could change in the next few months. We'll see.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    My post was about how you felt about his arrest. That's why that part was underlined.

I don't think the arrest means much if it's an isolated incident. And I get that you don't think he's an elite prospect. Right now I'd agree. But, I do think that could change in the next few months. We'll see.
    Yes he could definitely become an elite prospect. He is one to keep an eye on for sure.

Josh Reddick, Gerardo Parra, Justin Morneau or Kendry Morales?

How would you rank going forward for just this season?
    Last edited by Benihana; 05-04-2013 at 03:08 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Josh Reddick, Gerardo Parra, Justin Morneau or Kendry Morales?

How would you rank going forward for just this season?
    Morneau, Parra, Morales, Reddick.

Morneau is finally healthy and he is a very good hitter when healthy.

I have always liked Parra but his problem has always been playing time. He is playing well, but his playing time could be reduced when the DBacks get all their OFers back on the field.

Morales is pretty good. Reddick has power but he will be a drain on AVG.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Whether a player is available or not in a fantasy baseball league doesn't mean the player will or won't have a good year or that he'll be more 'valuable' than another guy. What it does mean is that a taken player is more likely to be more valuable OR that there's more 'buzz' about him (which can play a big part in how 'owned' a rookie/prospect is or a post-hype guy is). But, if that's the entirety of your thinking (how owned a player is) than it doesn't mean much to me.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Maybin was the most valuable of all of that bunch in fbb for the entire 2013 season. I'm not saying he will be but just that I wouldn't be surprised.

Taveras = Vlad 2.0? Doubt it. Vlad was a 5 tool guy, Taveras is more of a 4 - 4 1/2 tool guy.

Myers = Bruce 2.0? Maybe

Puig? If he's lucky maybe another Soriano.

Bradley? Pagan? Now, THAT'S the kind of guy AD likes.

Lastly, I'd rather have Marte than Brown.
    And Dom hits his 19th homer ... before the all-star break (heck, in only 63 games). I can honestly say that I didn't expect this.

Uhh, what about Mr. Puig?
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Uhh, what about Mr. Puig?
    Interesting move in our keeper league. Guy just traded Puig straight up for Stanton.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Interesting move in our keeper league. Guy just traded Puig straight up for Stanton.
    That's interesting. I went in another direction. I accepted a trade proposal of Felix and a 1st round pick next year for Puig. This was right after his 1st game and before he started his homer binge and my starting pitching was a little uncertain after the first 2-3 guys so I felt I had a need there. And the pick could be one of the top 3 picks in a dynasty league. So, I got an elite starting pitcher and (what should be) an elite prospect for Puig. I'll take that. There's no way I could've predicted what he'd do. Who would've. But, now with his last week, a Puig owner could probably name his price. RIGHT NOW is the perfect time to sell high if another team is willing to pay the price.

Turn Off Ads?