Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shin-Soo Choo

Shin-Soo Choo

Choo has really done well in the games so far. I must say I am excited for his season. Been along time since we had a true lead of hitter. Do u think he is the leadoff hitter we have been looking for? Will the reds try to resign him to bridge the gap to Billy Hamilton ?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Shin-Soo Choo

Yes I think heīll be the leadoff hitter the reds were looking for....

and yes they are looking to resign him, but they also want to keep the pitching core => the better choo plays the harder it will be to resign him

It all depends on how well Hamilton plays and the other needs of the team, but yes Choo has been amazing so far. We definitely made a huge upgrade to our biggest weakness from last year. With Choo being walked this recent at bat his on base percentage is now .500
    I've said all winter — they talk about this team winning the division — and my comment is, they won't win it because, at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up. - Marty Brennaman

He should hit close to 20 homers and have an obp around .400 in our park so that's all $$$$ in free agency especially because I think Scott Boras is his agent

Meanwhile Drew Stubbs is batting himself out of baseball. 4 games: 17 at bats, 8 strikeouts, 2 hits, .118 average. What a great trade that was.

It indeed has been a great trade for us. Although in fairness, with that 3 team trade I don't think Drew Stubbs was the main piece the Indians were wanting in return.

I'd actually like to see Drew have some success in Cleveland as he seemed like a great guy.

But the big thing is we got what we wanted and who we wanted out of the deal. Whatever happens anywhere else is secondary as I don't think we'll be bemoaning the loss of Stubbs or Gregorius.

And if you play Stubbs in a corner outfield position doesn't that take away from what he does best and curb his value to a team?

9. Likes:

mth123 (04-06-2013)

I think the Reds will look into resigning him after the season. If he is willing to take a discount to stay, then maybe we have a chance.

However, I think the idea was as the first poster said "to bridge the gap to Billy Hamilton." I think 2013 is that gap and Hamilton will be the starting CF in 2014.

Also, I think the Reds biggest priority in terms of spending money has to be the starting rotation, not the OF. Homer Bailey will be a FA after the 2014 season. I hope if the Reds make a big signing this winter that it is a long term deal with Homer.

I hope the Reds are able to resign Choo. The guy's a player. I'm also not sold on Billy Hamilton. There's an awful lot of hype surrounding this kid. Can he live up to it?

This is the year

I was ecstatic when i heard about the trade. Super excited to watch this season.

I just saw an interview with him he speaks really good English. I was very surprised.

If and when Hamilton comes knocking on the door, I hope we can figure out a way to keep Choo even if it means getting rid of Ludwick.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    I hope the Reds are able to resign Choo. The guy's a player. I'm also not sold on Billy Hamilton. There's an awful lot of hype surrounding this kid. Can he live up to it?
    I hope they can resign him but if he produces big time this year it will be hard to keep him...

I also donīt join this hamilton hype... yes he is speedy as hell but nobody saw him aigainst top pitchers every day... if he canīt get on base his speed isnīt a weapon at all

Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    I hope they can resign him but if he produces big time this year it will be hard to keep him...

I also donīt join this hamilton hype... yes he is speedy as hell but nobody saw him aigainst top pitchers every day... if he canīt get on base his speed isnīt a weapon at all
    Sounds a lot like drew stubbs to me. Hamilton that is. Getting a hit is all that matters. u are required to get those to score.

i wonder if the Reds FO might get tired of the roller coaster ride Bruce does and try to move Bruce and resign Choo for RF!! Bruce is swinging over pitches and today should have swung at that first meatball in the 10th instead of taking it and swinging badly at the next two not even close to being strikes.. just saying.. it could happen

Turn Off Ads?