Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: On the declining quality of the ORG

Re: On the declining quality of the ORG

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    This entire conversation is why you don't publicly announce you're leaving. It disrupts the board and turns into a hugs meta discussion.

If someone doesn't like it here, just go.
    I don't buy that. The discussion has to do with people getting along and having CIVIL discussions on RedsZone. What's wrong with that?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Personally, I just liked the Steve Martin reference.
    Maybe I should've included a GIF of Steve Martin.

High five!

My opinion has nothing to do with him being a cards fan. Like I said in the other thread, I had no problem with Mike.

Let me give an example of what I'm talking about. If my boy Nate, got into a argument about something and decided to leave and made a big deal about him going, I'd have said the exact same thing. Then I'd IM him on Facebook and smack him around and call him names.

I'd probably go steal his dog Gordy too
    Dog stealing is cold, man.

Cold...

5. Likes:

Raisor (06-21-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (06-21-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    How about we just don't feed the fire rather than get draconian?

The board has enough rules without adding rules to rules, IMO
    I'm not proposing adding rules. I'm proposing that we enforce the ones that already exist.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Statistical spikes at odd ages and before/after pictures are completely reasonable ground for PED accusations.
    Not really, no they aren't -- not unless you can rule out all of the other possible reasons for them, which are many.

For a Level Playing Field

No PED accusations allowed as a rule? Come on. You may not like it, but PEDS are a part of the game and conversation these days. None us wish it was the case, but it is in the modern era. Just like greenies before it. Quit being the self-appointed PED-accusation-cop and ignore the posts. I think you cause a bigger disruption/stink with your messages and cop-like attitude, RedEye.

9. Likes:

jimbo (06-21-2013),Norm Chortleton (06-24-2013),Red in Chicago (06-21-2013),remdog (06-24-2013),Tom Servo (06-21-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    No PED accusations allowed as a rule? Come on. You may not like it, but PEDS are a part of the game and conversation these days. None us wish it was the case, but it is in the modern era. Just like greenies before it. Quit being the self-appointed PED-accusation-cop and ignore the posts. I think you cause a bigger disruption/stink with your messages and cop-like attitude, RedEye.
    Twisting words around I see.

Molina is currently 30-an age that is within a hitter's "prime years" window.

He's improved offensively every year since 2007 with the exception of 2010 which was a down year for a period spanning his age 25 to 31 seasons (his BD is in July so im counting this as his age 31 season).

Code:
    year	wOBA
    2007	0.313
    2008	0.326
    2009	0.336
    2010	0.300
    2011	0.353
    2012	0.375
    2013	0.400
    To have an OP suggest Molina is a juicer because of a nonexistent "historically unusual spike" in Molina's performance and to have it be a central theme of a lengthy thread especially in the recent context of Cardinal threads being closed and Cards talk being a contentious issue is IMHO a clear sign of declining quality of the ORG.

The ORG really ought to be better than that. Anyway, just my 2 cents.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

12. Likes:

redsfandan (06-21-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (06-21-2013)

To be honest, the original post in that thread sure seemed a lot like trolling to me. I don't know if that was his intention but it looks like it sure could be trolling. We had a similar discussion a couple of weeks ago where people were complaining about all the Cardinals fans on here and the end result was that those threads wound up being closed.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

14. Likes:

jojo (06-21-2013),mth123 (06-22-2013),RedEye (06-22-2013)

This entire conversation is why you don't publicly announce you're leaving. It disrupts the board and turns into a hugs meta discussion.

If someone doesn't like it here, just go.
    That was actually in the stated rules of a board I moderated for about ten years. When I left I posted my reasons in the moderators' forum, thinking that would be private enough. They still deleted my post. fwiw, they kept me on the mods list until just a month or so ago. I visited the site and noticed I still had access to the private stuff, pm'd the admin, and had him delete me from the list.

but I digress. I am sorry to see Mike go.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Twisting words around I see.
    Do share more. I am a big boy and I hope we can share constructiove criticism relative to the ORG quality here. Try to be constructive with your criticism. I like to think that is the purpose of this thread and I, like many others, can always be/do better.

17. Likes:

klw (06-22-2013),remdog (06-24-2013),Sea Ray (06-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post

I will not discuss Yadier Molina in this thread. Obviously not the right place. I'd be more than happy to discuss disrespectful people that do not seem to have good social skills; hence, lowering the quality of discussion in the ORG.

I will not discuss Yadier Molina in this thread. Obviously not the right place. I'd be more than happy to discuss disrespectful people that do not seem to have good social skills; hence, lowering the quality of discussion in the ORG.
    I have zero idea what you're attempting to communicate with this post or how it relates to the post you quoted.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post

He's improved offensively every year since 2007 with the exception of 2010 which was a down year for a period spanning his age 25 to 31 seasons (his BD is in July so im counting this as his age 31 season).

Code:
    year	wOBA
    2007	0.313
    2008	0.326
    2009	0.336
    2010	0.300
    2011	0.353
    2012	0.375
    2013	0.400
    To have an OP suggest Molina is a juicer because of a nonexistent "historically unusual spike" in Molina's performance and to have it be a central theme of a lengthy thread especially in the recent context of Cardinal threads being closed and Cards talk being a contentious issue is IMHO a clear sign of declining quality of the ORG.

The mere fact that you have presented a logical, fact based response that counters the other logical, fact based argument, more than suggests that the thread is useful.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    The mere fact that you have presented a logical, fact based response that counters the other logical, fact based argument, more than suggests that the thread is useful.
    No it doesn't.

One position accuses a player of cheating without any justification using a premise that isnt actually accurate. The other position points it out. That's the level of discourse envisioned by the ORG's mission statement?

Its a thread calling a player a cheater with nothing more than supposition that was largely random except that it also happens to serve to tweak members of a rival fan base. That's actually in many ways the antithesis of what the ORG should be about IMHO.

That others would call shenanigans doesn't legitimize the shenanigans.

22. Likes:

RedEye (06-22-2013)

Turn Off Ads?