Turn Off Ads?
Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: On the declining quality of the ORG

Re: On the declining quality of the ORG

I think everyone on redszone knows the one simple step that would improve the quality of the ORG instantaneously.

Sorry I'm not sorry.

2. Likes:

BernieCarbo (04-16-2016),KronoRed (04-10-2016)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Man...some of the topics this season has brought upon Redszone is down right sad. The whole tone of this board this season has been absolutely sad. I miss the days of winning and having to discuss Choo and Dusty. Oh the good ol' days!!!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Man...some of the topics this season has brought upon Redszone is down right sad. The whole tone of this board this season has been absolutely sad. I miss the days of winning and having to discuss Choo and Dusty. Oh the good ol' days!!!
    The year we had Choo we quit with six games left in the season and then embarrassed ourselves in the one game wildcard. I know he's an icon among the moneyball crowd here but that was one of my least favorite Red's teams. i'd rather discuss Vada Pinson or Billy Hatcher.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I think everyone on redszone knows the one simple step that would improve the quality of the ORG instantaneously.

Sorry I'm not sorry.
    I actually have no idea what you mean......
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Obviously, it would be Dick Williams firing Bob C. Abmittedly, it would be a bold move by Dick.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I said that 2 years ago, I don’t know what I mean.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I said that 2 years ago, I don’t know what I mean.
    I know what you meant.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

10. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (04-24-2018),westofyou (04-24-2018)

Name:  i-know-what-you-did-last-summer-52b06bb365844.jpg
Views: 1391
Size:  155.7 KB
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

12. Likes:

dubc47834 (04-24-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    The year we had Choo we quit with six games left in the season and then embarrassed ourselves in the one game wildcard. I know he's an icon among the moneyball crowd here but that was one of my least favorite Red's teams. i'd rather discuss Vada Pinson or Billy Hatcher.
    Some of us in the "moneyball crowd" weren't born yet to enjoy those other players and the 2010-2013 teams are all we've ever had...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Some of us in the "moneyball crowd" weren't born yet to enjoy those other players and the 2010-2013 teams are all we've ever had...

2012 team was great. Ludwick was a Thoroughbred. They got beat by the world champs. 2013 team spit the bit.

I didn't realize the thread had been bumped from 2 years ago....
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

16. Likes:

dubc47834 (04-26-2018)

Just an opinion but I would like to toss out the idea of getting rid of the "likes". It is well known that "likes" send a shot of dopamine through the brain which is why Facebook jumped on the premise to begin with. It seems like lately in the org there are some clear divisions of opinions between various groups of posters which leads to the same arguments or "bold claims" being made in repeated threads. These "bold claims" garner a bunch of "likes" or dopamine shots from the same handful posters and the cycle never seems to stop.

I'd prefer to go back to the days where if you make some ridiculous unsubstantiated claims on RZ you just have to stand on your own in la-la land and think "oh, nobody agrees with me, maybe that was a ridiculous comment" instead of instantly getting the feel-good, stamp of approval "likes" because your post ripped on management or whoever and having nothing to do with the quality or factual backing of the post.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Just an opinion but I would like to toss out the idea of getting rid of the "likes". It is well known that "likes" send a shot of dopamine through the brain which is why Facebook jumped on the premise to begin with. It seems like lately in the org there are some clear divisions of opinions between various groups of posters which leads to the same arguments or "bold claims" being made in repeated threads. These "bold claims" garner a bunch of "likes" or dopamine shots from the same handful posters and the cycle never seems to stop.

I'd prefer to go back to the days where if you make some ridiculous unsubstantiated claims on RZ you just have to stand on your own in la-la land and think "oh, nobody agrees with me, maybe that was a ridiculous comment" instead of instantly getting the feel-good, stamp of approval "likes" because your post ripped on management or whoever and having nothing to do with the quality or factual backing of the post.
    Maybe the ORG could be sent to rehab?

19. Likes:

Griffey012 (04-25-2018)

They call me "chef"

Is there a way to make it so that only people who are right can get likes?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Is there a way to make it so that only people who are right can get likes?
    I propose a committee of ORG members be formed who then pour over every single like that comes into the new ORG "like queue" in order to approve suitable likes such that only committee-approved likes make it out of the queue.

Turn Off Ads?