Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445

Thread: On the declining quality of the ORG

Re: On the declining quality of the ORG

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Any site you visit that uses Google's advertising program could have these types of ads. They are in no way unique to here.
    Why would we ever go to any other sites?

2. Likes:

Boss-Hog (05-26-2021),dubc47834 (06-04-2021),RedTeamGo! (05-26-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I have to say I like this recent discussion as I had started wondering if my tablet had gotten a virus or some sort of malware. I didn’t think so since those ads appeared only on this site, but I’m glad that’s confirmed.

5. Likes:

Boss-Hog (05-26-2021)

This comment was made publicly on another site which doesn't suffer from ad hominem like we do here:

Hey new guys, this isn't how we treat people here. There are right and wrong ways to disagree. Keep the ad hominem at home and stop trying to identify people off the board. That's really bad behavior.
    Such a public comment would be appropriate for this site as some folks are incredibly personal with their comments. As to identifying what profession one does off board, yeah, I get that too.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I can't imagine a more personal comment than attacking another poster for the problems he's having in his marriage. Just sayin'.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I can't imagine a more personal comment than attacking another poster for the problems he's having in his marriage. Just sayin'.
    A personal response. Shows a guilty conscience

I'm merely saying such a comment (like I mentioned in my earlier post) would be helpful around here from time to time. That's all

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    A personal response. Shows a guilty conscience

I'm merely saying such a comment (like I mentioned in my earlier post) would be helpful around here from time to time. That's all
    Another tried and true strategy of deflection from the grossness you've exhibited on this site in the past. Frankly, I think it was a mistake to lift your suspension, for this board suffers every time you choose to post. But that's not my call, so for the most part, I just ignore you.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

10. Likes:

919191 (10-03-2021),Larkin Fan (10-07-2021),RedEye (10-04-2021),SteelSD (10-05-2021),westofyou (10-03-2021)

They call me "chef"

I don’t want to place unnecessary attention on them but I have a friend on this forum who has been the victim of very vile personal attacks. I consider it a board-wide concern that affects all users and requires an immediate response from every moderator and admin. If you must know who it is, in order to confirm that they are in deed a valuable member of this message board and deserving of your utmost care and swift protection, I can bestow upon you a clue in the form of a poem:

Whom is smarter than the great philosophers of yore
    With conviction stronger than the most concentrated steel
    Whom is a friend of a judge
    Whom inhabits a cabin as regally as they take over a cocktail party
    With tales of RedsZone folly
    Whom inspires the hearty laughter of the judge
    Who is whom’s friend
    Whom has been polite this entire time
    Whom is the victim of dastardly posters with venom in their heart
    Whom knows the only demographic that cares about America
    Whom purports to love Cosby and specific Supreme Court judges
    Who both share a common defining trait:
    They are talented at their trade (of course)
    Speaking of, have you ever been in a room
    That is not a doctor’s office
    Yet, legally, someone else in that room can refer to thee as a patient?
    If you have
    Then you know who my friend is
    And why it’s integral that we protect him
    For the sake of humanity
    God give us strength
    We shall
    We shall

12. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (10-02-2021),SteelSD (10-05-2021)

There's a group of 3 posters that drives everything SeaRay is referring to.

Larry, M2, and BZ.

Larry straight up trolls. Not sure why that gets a free pass. The other two, lately anyway, lead with insults and intolerance, with others following suit. Just really nasty stuff from them. Not sure why that is tolerated either.

But since it is, it's easy enough to just put people on ignore. No need to get a mod involved or even think twice about it. Just an observation on my part.

Another observation is that I see SeaRay absorbing quite a bit of insults. Moreso than any other poster here, and I'm not even sure there is a close 2nd place.

RZ has gotten really mean over the past year. Not just the Political Forums either. And again, I directly attribute that to the aforementioned 3 posters. And again, I have one of them on ignore. The other two may be soon to follow. I think that's all that really needs to be done by anyone who doesn't care for the content of another poster.

I'm to blame too. I should have taken the high road on quite a few occasions. Instead, lowering myself to participate in the insult game. I need to be better about that. It's pointless, childish, and accomplishes nothing.
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 10-03-2021 at 03:22 PM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

14. Likes:

Sea Ray (10-04-2021),texasdave (10-04-2021)

They call me "chef"

I forgot to mention that I have another friend who needs help from moderators but they refuse to ask for help because they don’t want to cause a scene or draw attention to themself. Is there a way to safely connect a moderator with their case? Alternatively, I can speak to a mod and name the 3 posters that need to be reprimanded for hurting both my friends.
    Last edited by Larry Schuler; 10-03-2021 at 03:39 PM.

Turn Off Ads?