Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: On the declining quality of the ORG

They call me "chef"

Re: On the declining quality of the ORG

I gave up on the Org months ago and post exclusively in the Political forum now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    I gave up on the Org months ago and post exclusively in the Political forum now.
    And your ultra liberal neoconservative views have destroyed the quality of discussion in that forum.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

They call me "chef"

If you have a problem with my posting style, I suggest you take it up with your congressman.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    If you have a problem with my posting style, I suggest you take it up with your congressman.
    I would but I prefer to post my PMs in public. You want the truth?

You can’t handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago’s death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said ‘thank you’ and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to!
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post

You can’t handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago’s death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said ‘thank you’ and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Did you order the code red??
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Did you order the code red??
    I'm actually old school and prefer Mountain Dew straight up.

8. Likes:

CySeymour (10-14-2014),dubc47834 (10-16-2014),RedEye (10-14-2014),reds1869 (10-14-2014),reds44 (10-15-2014),_Sir_Charles_ (10-31-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post

I still don't understand why Kevin Pollak caught hell in that tirade, he'd said nothing to the man.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

10. Likes:

jojo (10-15-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I still don't understand why Kevin Pollak caught hell in that tirade, he'd said nothing to the man.
    Frankly, Kaffee was in direct violation of guideline 5 and probably should've been banned by the judge.

5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines.

12. Likes:

Razor Shines (10-15-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    You, Lt. Weinberrrrrrg?

14. Likes:

Razor Shines (10-15-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    When someone disagrees with you, it doesn't mean you are speaking to a brick wall. It means that person disagrees with you.
    This has been a recurring issue on this board for awhile, and since someone else brought it up, I thought it was worth discussing.

As most posters on this board are aware, this is a complaint levied against me constantly. "Don't engage him. He will literally never stop." I see this posted on many threads that I post in, even after I have only posted once or twice in it. I also see similar accusations made against other posters.

The accusations are simply inaccurate against me and others. Chuckie nailed it.

Basically what happens is that a debate starts over a contentious issue. One poster takes an unconventional, or unpopular opinion, and then everyone gangs up on that poster, trying to show how wrong that poster is. The poster then defends him or herself against all these attacks coming from many different posters and many different directions.

Instead of recognizing that there just is a difference of opinion, the attacking posters are relentless, and continue to attack, finding new arguments, new paths to "enlighten" the "lost poster." When the poster with an unpopular opinion doesn't back down, they get accused of "being a brick wall" of "literally never stopping."

If one reads the threads where I get accused of "never stopping" or Chuckie or others get accused of "being a brick wall,' you will see that we are not the ones that are continuing the discussion. We are almost always on the defensive, simply replying to the multiple attacks being levied against us from all directions. The threads go on forever, because some posters simply can't let it go, can't admit that another poster has a different opinion from them, and that is okay.

If one reads mine, Chuckie's and others who get such accusations posts, you will see that we admit we are wrong all the time, just as much as much, if not more, than the average Redszone poster. But because we stand firmly behind an unconventional, or unpopular opinion on occasion, we get accused of being "brick walls" or "never stopping."

My recommendation is when it seems like we are "brick walls", or "never stopping," to step back, accept that you're not going to change our minds, let it go, and move on.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

And then some people just like to argue to argue so much that they'll even argue that they don't argue just to argue despite being on record that they argue just to argue because they argue, it stimulates discussion.

Now we're told that we shouldn't discuss but rather just accept that some people simply aren't going to give up their erroneous beliefs no matter how compelling a counterargument is or how definitively the unfolding of history has beotch slapped the intransigence.
    Last edited by jojo; 10-30-2015 at 09:15 PM.

17. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (11-02-2015),Tom Servo (10-30-2015)

Chuckie: "Cashman and Dipoto are bad GMs because they handed out bad contracts."

Myself (and others): "Well, you're entitled to the opinion, but ownership of those teams, especially the Angels, have claimed responsibility for the big signings. Can't blame the GM alone for the bad contracts when they aren't the ones who handed them out."

Chuckie: "Cashman and Dipoto are bad GMs because they handed out bad contracts."

So yeah, it's like talking to a brick wall. I can accept that I won't change his mind, I really don't care to continously post about American League GMs, but I'll still point out the facts. And they'll continue to be ignored. Also, Chuckie has very thin-skin.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; 10-30-2015 at 09:34 PM.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Chuckie has very thin-skin.
    Do you wonder what the origin of that phrase is? Did someone once actually have thin skin? Who measured this and why?

Is this really simply an offshoot of callouses?

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

If anyone is taking this board more seriously than they take the comics in the newspaper, they need to lighten up. This place isn't about scoring points against each other. It's about having a friendly discussion over virtual beer.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

21. Likes:

Chip R (11-02-2015),dfs (10-31-2015),SunDeck (10-31-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post

Myself (and others): "Well, you're entitled to the opinion, but ownership of those teams, especially the Angels, have claimed responsibility for the big signings. Can't blame the GM alone for the bad contracts when they aren't the ones who handed them out."

So yeah, it's like talking to a brick wall. I can accept that I won't change his mind, I really don't care to continously post about American League GMs, but I'll still point out the facts. And they'll continue to be ignored. Also, Chuckie has very thin-skin.
    And that's really the ACTUAL issue. Certain posters will simply repeat beliefs that have been thoroughly discredited as if no conversation has ever been had on the subject...literally, over and over. Then they'll complain that they're being persecuted? Hardly. Being obtuse isn't praiseworthy and it isn't persecution to point it out.

Turn Off Ads?