Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: On the declining quality of the ORG

Re: On the declining quality of the ORG

You may not be able to change a situation, but with humor you can change your attitude about it.
    Allen Klein

2. Likes:

757690 (11-20-2015)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I think the decline in posting is because the team was really bad in 2015. If/when the Reds make some major moves in the next couple of weeks the site will probably crash.
    I assume so too but would hate to think anyone is being driven away by something that we can control and which isn't a big deal to avoid. The losing we can't do anything about.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I have been guilty of a few of the innuendo jokes and would never have made similar cracks in the past. A couple of years ago I would not have linked here to a video or article which had swearing in it. Now that it a pretty common occurrence here. It seemed like some of the origin for a change in the attitude came from the occasional game thread which would have a more adult tone than others. This has crept into the ORG as well but so far seems to me to be clustered in certain threads. I will happily self police myself. I think I got through the Dick Pole era that I should be able to restrain myself again. I have been noting a decline in the amount in posting and would hate to think things here were alienating anyone from participating.

Now if the Reds bring in guys called Bud Roach, I am still going to make pot jokes.
    And within minutes the Reds bring in a guy called Wood. This just can't be made up.

They call me "chef"

I've had several mods "like" my posts. If you sent me the names of the trolls that are being allowed to run amok, I can probably get my mod friends to look into banning them.

7. Likes:

dabvu2498 (11-21-2015),Larkin Fan (11-21-2015),pahster (11-27-2015),Razor Shines (11-20-2015),Revering4Blue (11-20-2015),RFS62 (11-20-2015),Tom Servo (11-20-2015),westofyou (11-20-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    I've had several mods "like" my posts. If you sent me the names of the trolls that are being allowed to run amok, I can probably get my mod friends to look into banning them.
    That's what she said.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Are we even trying anymore with all the pizza talk? I get it, the trades/non-trades are frustrating, maybe embarrassing, but really?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

10. Likes:

Sea Ray (12-28-2015)

The pizza thread doesn't actually stick out. Maybe there was a time.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I dunno, it does to me. We certainly can get off topic on threads, and I don't mind that at all, but all those pages in the Chapman thread about anything BUT the trade, then the same thing in the BP thread. Lot's of folks on here I consider friends I've never met, but I also come here for some baseball news.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

They call me "chef"

Are you more of a grilled cheese guy?

14. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-22-2015),RFS62 (12-22-2015),westofyou (12-21-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Are you more of a grilled cheese guy?
    Don't take it personally, Larry. You are perhaps the greatest poster in the history of posters with the exception of the Jimi Hendrix concert poster from the experience's concert on 1/15/69 in Stuttgart. Now that's a good poster.

They call me "chef"

The EL VY Bladerunner themed poster is pretty slick too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/9nFG0igkga/

17. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-22-2015)

Zappa in the Crappa has nothing on Larry as posters go.

Been enjoying salami on pizza lately.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

19. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-22-2015)

I spent an hour researching the connection between Phillips and pizza and could find nothing. It was then that I realized RZ has passed me by in some unknown way.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I spent an hour researching the connection between Phillips and pizza and could find nothing. It was then that I realized RZ has passed me by in some unknown way.
    Your user name is Sundeck and youre posting in the ORG. If you were the titantic, you missed the iceberg.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Your user name is Sundeck and youre posting in the ORG. If you were the titantic, you missed the iceberg.
    I know it. They thought removing my section of the site would send the hint. Clearly, I'm a little slow on the uptake.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?