Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2013 Day 1 Draft Thread

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Official 2013 Day 1 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    Doug this is random but do you know anything at all about this Connor Heady kid from North Oldham HS in Kentucky? Supposedy he is supposed to go in the first few rounds.
    Not a lot other than he is expected to head to college.

2. Turn Off Ads?

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft...e-last-chance/

An hour before the draft was set to begin at 7 p.m. Eastern, here’s our last, best guess as to what will happen in the first round. If the Astros know who they’re taking No. 1 overall, they’re not telling, and they may still be in the process of making the decision.

As a result, I’m standing pat with my projected top five picks from Mock Draft 4.0 this morning, rather than rip it all up based on the various rumors that are flying around. Besides the No. 1 choice, the selection that’s bothering me the most is the Royals at No. 8. They may have cut a deal with California high school righthander Phil Bickford, who does have helium, but I can’t confirm it to the point where I feel comfortable putting him there. So I’m leaving him at No. 23 (Rangers) and may regret that decision.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Just a name to remember: Jacoby Jones. Had a scout tell me the Reds really liked him and the scout has local ties to the area. I doubt he winds up in the 1/1s round, but keep an eye on him in the 2nd/3rd.

Jonathan Gray just said one of the things he wants to do after he signs is put rims on his car.

Today's youth.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Just a name to remember: Jacoby Jones. Had a scout tell me the Reds really liked him and the scout has local ties to the area. I doubt he winds up in the 1/1s round, but keep an eye on him in the 2nd/3rd.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I've liked Jones for a long time and he is one of my top targets with the 67th pick. I'd love it if we got him there.
    Go BLUE!!!

I will guess Josh Hart in the first.

Mark Appel, rhp, Stanford

He always tempts me in fantasy football drafts, hopefully Walt doesn't fall prey to his potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    Mark Appel, rhp, Stanford
    Did not see that one coming. Thought it would have been Gray at a discounted price. I thought I read he was written off for the no 1 overall pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Caught a glimpse of Eric Davis representing the Reds at the draft. Looks like he's still in game shape.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    He always tempts me in fantasy football drafts, hopefully Walt doesn't fall prey to his potential.
    This is going to be the year. Did you see him in the Super Bowl.....
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

And the Cubs select Kris Bryant, which I guess qualifies as an official mea culpa for the Josh Vitters pick.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    This is going to be the year. Did you see him in the Super Bowl.....
    My wife won't stop talking about him from Dancing with the Stars.

Jonathan Gray, rhp, Oklahoma

Turn Off Ads?