Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Hernandez Might be Cut from my Fantasy Team

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: Aaron Hernandez Might be Cut from my Fantasy Team

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    You forgot the big one... Having your buddy drive you around town in a Ford Bronco with a phalanx of cop cars behind you.
    The timing is about right aint it? About the same time of year? If the glove don't fit you must acquit.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    The whole damn thing is just bizarre.....and I think in the end it will be very sad. A man is already dead and I presume Hernandez knows something about it. I need to give him a call and shout in his ear, "5 YEARS, 40 MILLION DOLLARS, WHAT EXACTLY WERE YOU THINKING ABOUT?" Simply pitiful.
    You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink? Stories seem to explain that Hernandez liked to hang with a bad crowd of people.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...round/2449237/

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink? Stories seem to explain that Hernandez liked to hang with a bad crowd of people.

And people thought Gronkowski was the wild card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    And people thought Gronkowski was the wild card.
    They both seem like players that even Bill the genius and Control Freak....cannot really reign in or control.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post

This was pretty well known. His background and problem with marijuana were a large reason he dropped in the draft as far as he did.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    This was pretty well known. His background and problem with marijuana were a large reason he dropped in the draft as far as he did.
    Yes, the youthful Hernandez had well known issues. And despite "growing up" (aging) and getting a large amount of money to play football, he has not separated himself from trouble and the bad people.

I had issues when I was young as well. I imagine that all of us might have in one way or another. However, it is simply amazing to me how many of these athletic stars show no responsibility or even worse no maturity. Are they to believe that they are above the law? Are they to believe there are no consequences to their actions? Are they to believe they are Gods?

They have a life that a lot of us dream about and aspire for. Why do so many wad it up and throw it in a trash can? Pitiful.

9. Likes:

RedFanAlways1966 (06-25-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I had issues when I was young as well. I imagine that all of us might have in one way or another. However, it is simply amazing to me how many of these athletic stars show no responsibility or even worse no maturity. Are they to believe that they are above the law? Are they to believe there are no consequences to their actions? Are they to believe they are Gods?

They have a life that a lot of us dream about and aspire for. Why do so many wad it up and throw it in a trash can? Pitiful.
    For the reasons you stated in the first paragraph. Because of their athleticism, they were allowed to get away with things others weren't. In high school. In college. In the pros. So of course they don't always mature and stop doing stupid things or being around stupid people. Why would they? They have been able to get away with those things for a long time now because they can do things with a ball that most people can't.

11. Likes:

Razor Shines (06-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Why would they?
    So they don't spend what should have been the most productive years of their lives in prison.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    So they don't spend what should have been the most productive years of their lives in prison.
    Aside from actual murder, they probably feel they can get out of whatever situation they get themselves into because they are "Generic Athlete". They always have been able to do so in the past.

14. Likes:

Chip R (06-25-2013)

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013...80O/story.html

Hernandez was taken away in handcuffs this morning.

For the reasons you stated in the first paragraph. Because of their athleticism, they were allowed to get away with things others weren't. In high school. In college. In the pros. So of course they don't always mature and stop doing stupid things or being around stupid people. Why would they? They have been able to get away with those things for a long time now because they can do things with a ball that most people can't.
    Somehow I just don't buy that. I understand the ideology, but it doesn't work for me.

"Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Aside from actual murder, they probably feel they can get out of whatever situation they get themselves into because they are "Generic Athlete". They always have been able to do so in the past.
    And Dante Stallworth proved even murder is not out of the realm of possibilities

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    And Dante Stallworth proved even murder is not out of the realm of possibilities
    I can't get too worked up over Stallworth. I mean, he tried to do the responsible thing (he spent the night somewhere before driving home), and even someone at 0.00 likely would have hit the person he did if in the same place at the same time. Just a horrible set of circumstances there.

Turn Off Ads?