Turn Off Ads?
Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20606667686970
Results 1,036 to 1,038 of 1038

Thread: Tennis Thread

Re: Tennis Thread

I got to see him in person at Centre Court Wimbledon in 2004, and I had no idea at the time what a treat that really was. His opponent (Thomas Johnansson) actually played great, but Federer was just way too good.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think we'll see an exhibition tour, but, of course, not the same as real competition. Fed and I are the same age. He's been my famous tennis player for so long it's kind of hard to accept. So rough to lose Serena and Roger in the same year. Rafa probably going to be soon with all the injuries. Tennis won't ever be the same.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Haven't been keeping up much on men's tennis, so before this weekend had never heard of Holger Rune, who had quite the week knocking off 5 of the world's top 10 in Paris. I watched his semi against Auger-Alliasime and thought he was pretty spectacular. Felix is a good player and just couldn't keep up.

I assumed Djokovic would roll over him, but he didn't look overmatched at all. Going down a set and a break, he never looked overwhelmed and really took it to Novak the rest of the match. It wasn't Novak losing, but Rune really won it by his play. Over the last 10 years, it seems like there has been a dozen guys who were supposed to be the next big thing to come and knock the big 3 off the pedistal. None of them panned out, so I'm going to wait and see on Rune. But he certainly has the game to beat anyone.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-08-2022),M2 (11-07-2022),texasdave (11-07-2022)

Turn Off Ads?