Turn Off Ads?
Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis Thread

Re: Tennis Thread

The PLAYERS Championship is this week in Ponte Vedra and it looks like it's going on as planned. Going to be interesting to see if the Indian Wells cancellation has any impact on other events.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

700,000 people attend Indian Wells. That's more than the actual total seasonal attendance of almost every NBA franchise and double many of them. Only the four Majors have greater attendance. The cancelation process is an enormous task locally for hotels, etc. There is also a major local event following this two week tournament that is canceled. The local economy will be devastated by this government decision, but the decision-makers will still get paid because they work for the government. It's B.S.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 03-09-2020 at 02:21 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

The entire country of Italy just shut down. Probably better to be conservative at this point.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    The entire country of Italy just shut down. Probably better to be conservative at this point.
    Italians have horrible hygiene. This is a country that just a few years ago let garbage sit in its streets for more than a year because the workers were on strike and the mafia controlled too much of the government. Don't cite Italy as an intelligent source when it comes to a hygienic problem or a government decision.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Again, people making decisions that effect others economically should not continue to get paid. It should not be a government deicison. They are immune to the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Italians have horrible hygiene.
    that's gonna be a yikes from me dawg

8. Likes:

M2 (03-11-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    that's gonna be a yikes from me dawg
    As does most of Europe and the rest of the World, but especially Italians. Most of the World's hygiene is gross, especially China, whose markets are like 13th Century Medievil food carts. Canada is gross, too. One of their most populous areas, Vancouver Island, refuses to build a sewage plant and every day for the last 150 years, dumps all of their raw sewage directly into Puget Sound and the Pacific Ocean. They'd rather spend their money making corny Hallmark soap movies. Central America and Hygiene is an oxymoron.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 03-11-2020 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    As does most of Europe and the rest of the World, but especially Italians. Most of the World's hygiene is gross, especially China, whose markets are like 13th Century Medievil food carts. Canada is gross, too. One of their most populous areas, Vancouver Island, refuses to build a sewage plant and every day for the last 150 years, dumps all of their raw sewage directly into Puget Sound and the Pacific Ocean. They'd rather spend their money making corny Hallmark soap movies. Central America and Hygiene is an oxymoron.
    This is getting a yikes from my yikes.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

When the moon hits your eye
    like a big pizza pie
    That's amore.

No Wimbledon this year.

Feels trivial to be sad about some of this sports stuff in light of all the suffering happening, but god it does suck so much.

14. Likes:

M2 (04-01-2020),MWM (04-01-2020)

Rafa already largely dominates the tennis world, and now Nadal may win the Kentucky Derby as well. It's just too much!

https://www.americasbestracing.net/t...erby-divisions

16. Likes:

M2 (05-04-2020)

Novak's cruel summer presses on. First he hosted the COVID Invitational Tournament. Now he's bounced from the U.S. Open for whacking the ball into the throat of a line judge.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

It did not look intentional, and he didn't whack the ball very hard. But, I suppose rules are rules.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Novak's cruel summer presses on. First he hosted the COVID Invitational Tournament. Now he's bounced from the U.S. Open for whacking the ball into the throat of a line judge.
    Couldn't happen to a better guy.

I do kinda feel bad for him, it was clearly unintentional.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?