Turn Off Ads?

Thread: For future reference - 13 year old Colin Hurley QB

For future reference - 13 year old Colin Hurley QB

There's a QB guru around the Jax area called Denny Thompson. https://twitter.com/denny_thompson

His Qb camp is called 6 Points Jax https://twitter.com/6pointsjax

He works with all kinds of QBs from Junior High to the NFL. I'm aware of him because he's a frequent guest of the local radio station and keeps everyone up to date on his 'guys'. Right now he works with Minshew and Luton from Jags, and a couple of the UF Gator QB's. Always an interesting listen.

Back in Aug 2017, one of his guys, local QB Joey Gatewood (who is now leaving Kentucky for UCF) was playing a game in Georgia against their local hotshot Trevor Lawrence. Late in the game someone asked him how Lawrence looked. He said "my next will tell you what I think".

His next tweet?

Denny Thompson
    @denny_thompson
    ·
    Aug 26, 2017
    With the 1st pick in the 2021 NFL draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson

He was just on the local station a few days ago and mentioned a phenom named Colin Hurley. The kid is still 13 and will start his HS freshman year this season. He says when they have sessions, everyone from HS kids to pros stop and watch him throw.

Yet to play a single snap in HS yet has offers from a tons of schools including Florida, Miami, Georgia, Georgia Tech. And Thompson says the dirty little secret in college recruiting is the difference between an offer and a "committable offer". Only committable offers are legit. The offers he has from those schools are committable offers.

https://twitter.com/ColinHurley
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: For future reference - 13 year old Colin Hurley QB

Can't help but be reminded of Lane Kiffen offering David Sills a scholarship to play QB @ USC when he was 13 years old. In 2017, David Sills was a 1st Team All American college football player.....@ WVU playing receiver and now is a WR with the Giants.

Sometimes it goes as expected, but I find it nearly impossible to project how a 13 year old will develop in so many areas....especially as a QB. I think the odds would be much higher to project a 13 year old RB or even WR.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Colin Hurley is now a 2024 Commit to LSU
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

When I lived in Kentucky I saw OJ Mayo play in 7th and 8th grade. He played for a small Christian school in Ashland that eventually caused the public schools to boycott them due to the ability to “recruit”. There was actually an ESPN documentary on the very issue.

Mayo ended up going to Cincinnati until his senior year then back to Huntington High. Had all the talent in the world but couldn’t keep his head on straight and is now banned from the NBA.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?