Turn Off Ads?
Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis Thread

Re: Tennis Thread

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Good riddance to Nick Kyrgios. See ya.
    he won the doubles title lol

Great tournament, so glad to see Rafa get #21. Very funny conclusion to the Novak drama.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Rafa wins the Aussie open for 21!!!!! UNREAL!
    And he dropped the first two sets. First to win the Aussie after being down two sets since Roy Emerson in 1965. Second longest Grand Slam final in history, to the 2012 Aussie final between Rafa and Djokovic. And he did it at age 35 on chronically bad foot. Amazing.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Rafa eats nails for breakfast. That is one tough human being.

5. Likes:

M2 (01-30-2022)

Looks increasingly like Djokovic faked his positive COVID test in December - https://www.bbc.com/news/59999541. While it's always fair to be skeptical whether the rich and famous will experience consequences for their actions, this looks like it ought to keep him out of Australia for three more years, and out of most tournaments in Europe and North America this year.

7. Likes:

MWM (01-31-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Looks increasingly like Djokovic faked his positive COVID test in December - https://www.bbc.com/news/59999541. While it's always fair to be skeptical whether the rich and famous will experience consequences for their actions, this looks like it ought to keep him out of Australia for three more years, and out of most tournaments in Europe and North America this year.
    Shocking.

My favorite quote from the article: "The only outlier of all the confirmation codes we've plotted was Mr Djokovic's positive test on 16 December."
    Last edited by MWM; 01-31-2022 at 10:42 AM.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

This article shows a couple of other pieces of evidence and lays out the data analytics investigation of this very well.

https://science.thewire.in/the-scien...full-of-holes/
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

10. Likes:

M2 (01-31-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Shocking.

My favorite quote from the article: "The only outlier of all the confirmation codes we've plotted was Mr Djokovic's positive test on 16 December."
    It looks like they've got everything they need to conclude Djokovic submitted a fake test result. It should be a three-year ban in Australia and no other countries should be accepting that test result.

I find this decision by the All England Lawn Tennis Club to be ridiculous.

https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/...ne-per-reports

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I find this decision by the All England Lawn Tennis Club to be ridiculous.

https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/...ne-per-reports
    England is the #1 2nd home for Russian Billionaires. This effort is directly pointed at them so that they will turn against Putin. It's one of many efforts to alter the decisions of Putin. It's a very good decision.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I don't think punishing Medvedev for the sins of Putin makes any sense, personally.

I don't think punishing Medvedev for the sins of Putin makes any sense, personally.
    It's asynchronous to be sure. Tennis players don't represent a national federation. They may occasionally play for their national federation, but they don't travel as part of it or rely on it for their placement in tournaments. And I'm under the impression Medvedev and Rublev are not fans of what their country is doing. However, it does send the message that it's not business as normal until Russia's out of Ukraine.

It's been brewing - there have been discussions and news articles for over a month.

I'm not going to pretend to know the ins and outs. Most of these Russian players don't live in Russia because why would they, but they could have vulnerable family there. I don't think a player in that situation should be banned.

However, if a Russian player's family mostly lives in Florida or whatever, then I'm not going to lose any sleep over them not being allowed to play at Wimbledon.

I haven't been impressed with anything Medvedev has had to say about Ukraine (lot of mealy mouthed crap about peace and looking forward to playing under the flag again), but again, I have no idea if he's forced to be careful. His official residence is in Monaco though, I do know that.

I was glad when Nadal beat his ass in Australia and I'm even happier about it now.
    Last edited by Redsfaithful; 04-21-2022 at 07:08 AM.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Boris Becker is heading to prison. Hard to believe someone can squander $50 million in career earnings, but Boris managed to do it. Very sad.

https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/...uptcy-offenses

Boris Becker is heading to prison. Hard to believe someone can squander $50 million in career earnings, but Boris managed to do it. Very sad.

https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/...uptcy-offenses
    Shocking. Shouldn't stop him from working as an excellent tennis consultant/trainer when he gets out.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Rafa and Djokovic playing in the French quarterfinals (which is wild in and of itself). Rafa takes the 1st 6-2.

20. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-01-2022)

Turn Off Ads?