Turn Off Ads?
Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667686970 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1038

Thread: Tennis Thread

Re: Tennis Thread

Very entertaining tournament though. American men showing up for once - Taylor Fritz is still alive. Krygios has been must-see television and Sinner is playing so well but it feels like we're marching towards an inevitable Novak/Rafa finale.

I actually thought Coco Gauff had a chance to win a title here, but maybe Anisimova will break through. Simona Halep also playing well.

It's been cool to see Venus playing mixed doubles as well. I try to at least catch highlights of the Williams sisters when possible because who knows how many more opportunities we'll have.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

2. Turn Off Ads?

If anyone wants to know what separates the Nadals and Federers of the world from the other guys with elite talent, they should just watch Nadal beat Fritz at Wimbledon. He had no business even being in the match, let alone winning. He didn’t have his good stuff. Fritz had the superior arsenal by a good margin today. But there was never a time I didn’t think Nadal would wind up winning the match.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

4. Likes:

M2 (07-06-2022),Redsfaithful (07-07-2022)

Nadal withdrawing and giving Kyrios a walkover into the finals.

I’m bummed for Rafa, hopefully he’ll have a speedy recovery and be ready for the US Open. I’m not sure I’ll be able to root for Djokovic or Kyrios, however I expect it will be a thoroughly entertaining match.

6. Likes:

M2 (07-07-2022),Redsfaithful (07-07-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by nmculbreth View Post
    Nadal withdrawing and giving Kyrios a walkover into the finals.

I’m bummed for Rafa, hopefully he’ll have a speedy recovery and be ready for the US Open. I’m not sure I’ll be able to root for Djokovic or Kyrios, however I expect it will be a thoroughly entertaining match.
    Everyone just became Cam Norrie fans.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

8. Likes:

nmculbreth (07-07-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Everyone just became Cam Norrie fans.
    Bigly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't blame Rafa for this. That guy always thinks he can play and win. But this really sucks for Fritz. Nadal's team was trying to get him to retire during the match with Fritz. Fritz could be Kyrgios.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Big opportunity for Kyrgios, but I doubt he will cash in. Novak should waltz.

Nick is 2-0 against Novak. Hope he can do it, I'm not a Djokovic fan.

If it ends up being Djokovic vs. Kyrgios, I'm rooting for the Blancmange.

Nice rally from Rybakina to win the Wimbledon title today. After watching the first set, I thought Jabeur was the much better player and was going to roll. But not so fast. Amazing how Rybakina was able to quickly turn it around.

And quite the foresight to change her citizenship from Russia to Kazakhstan in 2018. She would have been ineligible for Wimbledon this year otherwise.
    Last edited by Boston Red; 07-09-2022 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Nice rally from Rybakina to win the Wimbledon title today. After watching the first set, I thought Jabeur was the much better player and was going to roll. But not so fast. Amazing how Rybakina was able to quickly turn it around.

And quite the foresight to change her citizenship from Russia to Kazakhstan in 2018. She would have been ineligible for Wimbledon this year otherwise.
    Massive serve, I think she'll be around awhile.

Kudos to Novak Djokovic on winning his 7th Wimbledon.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    With an assist from the lady who had like 700 drinks and distracted Kyrgios.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I'm still a little peeved a meteor didn't strike Centre Court and take them both out.

19. Likes:

MWM (07-11-2022),nmculbreth (07-10-2022),texasdave (07-10-2022)

Seems at least possible Djokovic could find a way to play the US Open now. It seems pretty likely that a vaccine requirement for foreign nationals to enter the US is going to be lifted imminently.

Turn Off Ads?