Turn Off Ads?
Page 62 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis Thread

Re: Tennis Thread

Novak breezes through a quarterfinals practice session.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Federer bounced in the quarters. The End of an Era?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Federer bounced in the quarters. The End of an Era?
    I think so...at least I believe he won't win another Grand Slam. I had a feeling Hurkacz would beat him, he's a really good player that most people don't know about. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it to the finals.

I have a feeling Nadal may not be that far behind too after losing the French where he is almost unbeatable.

Novak has taken the first two sets of his semi. Mr. Shapovalov better think up something quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Novak has taken the first two sets of his semi. Mr. Shapovalov better think up something quickly.
    I'm thinking a blancmange.

I'm not a system player. I am a system.

7. Likes:

texasdave (07-09-2021)

Djoker down a set to Berreteni but in control of the 2nd.

Novak! Novak! Novak! 20 and counting.

Djokovic is the greatest men's player of all time in my book already....in a couple years it won't even be up for debate.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Djokovic is the greatest men's player of all time in my book already....in a couple years it won't even be up for debate.
    I was thinking about this the other day… what’s the over/under on slams for Novak when all is said and done? 25? I think I’d take the over and I don’t think 30 is inconceivable.

12. Likes:

DocRed (07-11-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by nmculbreth View Post
    I was thinking about this the other day… what’s the over/under on slams for Novak when all is said and done? 25? I think I’d take the over and I don’t think 30 is inconceivable.
    Sounds about right, I'd probably take the over too...I'd guess 27. For the first time in a long time he is the clear cut #1. Federer is barely a top 10 player and Nadal just lost the French for the first time in five years. The path is clear for him and I don't see an up and comer that has impressed me this year.
    Last edited by DocRed; 07-11-2021 at 04:59 PM.

Give me Federer or Nadal in their prime over Djokovic at his best any day. He may win more, but I don’t think that makes him better.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

15. Likes:

Dom Heffner (07-20-2021)

Djokovic will be going for the Grand Slam at the U.S. Open.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

17. Likes:

DocRed (07-12-2021)

Jack Sock sighting at the Hall of Fame Tourney in RI. About to take out top 50ish Nishioka in relative ease in straight sets and make the QF. Good to see him back after such a tough few years battling injury. He's probably the most talented American male player since Roddick retired prior to injury.

Also interested to see what Cressy can do against Query. Query is playing well and it should be a test for him. Watched Cressy a bit a couple days ago and was impressed with his game. He's not the lumbering ox that Isner is, no offense John. Too bad Tennis channel didn't show Brooksby's win over Kudla.
    Last edited by DocRed; 07-14-2021 at 04:39 PM.

Cressy takes out Query a top 70 player who is playing more like a top 40 right now. Big BIG win for him. If I was making a power ranking for young up and coming American male tennis players I would probably put him at #3 behind Korda and Nakashima after watching him this week. He just doubled his career ATP wins this week. While not young 1t 24 he got a late start playing for UCLA up until 2019.

I see that Gauff will now miss the Olympics with Covid. That's certainly unfortunate.

Turn Off Ads?