Turn Off Ads?
Page 63 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis Thread

Re: Tennis Thread

Jenson Brooksby takes out Kevin Anderson today at the Citi Open same guy he lost in the finals at the Hall of Fame Open. If you haven't had a chance to watch him please do his game is very awkward but effective. He's particularly good at returning pace with pace on shots where he barely gets to the ball. It's uncanny really and forces his opponent into unforced errors going for 2 much.

Also Nakashima just made his second straight ATP final losing to Isner inn the final. Really love his attacking style always coming forward too.

These 2 and Korda give me hope for the future of US men's tennis.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Wow..Jack sock took Nadal to 3 sets at the Citi Open and lost in the tiebreaker. Not sure if Nadal is 100% though, think he has foot issues.

7 American's still alive in the R16 is promising.

Kudos to the WTA on supsending play in China in the midst of the Peng Shuai situation.

https://twitter.com/WTA/status/1466123626701275140?s=20

5. Likes:

Chip R (12-04-2021),M2 (12-01-2021),MWM (12-02-2021),redhawkfish (12-02-2021),Redsfaithful (12-02-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Wow..Jack sock took Nadal to 3 sets at the Citi Open and lost in the tiebreaker. Not sure if Nadal is 100% though, think he has foot issues.

7 American's still alive in the R16 is promising.
    Nadal gets back on the court in one of his favorite tournaments this week, a six-player exo that's always taken seriously by the participants, so he can test out everything this week.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Is Jack Sock still playing tennis? He's been making the rounds on the pickleball circuit of late, so I didnt know if he had fully transitioned away from tennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Is Jack Sock still playing tennis? He's been making the rounds on the pickleball circuit of late, so I didnt know if he had fully transitioned away from tennis.
    Thought he just won a tournament in France a month ago.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

If you're not familiar with the event:

https://www.mubadalawtc.com/

Will the Australian government allow Novak Djokovic to play in the Australian Open? His visa has been cancelled - https://www.cbssports.com/tennis/new...ion-on-monday/. Frankly, doesn't seem like he meets the qualifications for entry unless he can establish he's had COVID within the past six months.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Will the Australian government allow Novak Djokovic to play in the Australian Open? His visa has been cancelled - https://www.cbssports.com/tennis/new...ion-on-monday/. Frankly, doesn't seem like he meets the qualifications for entry unless he can establish he's had COVID within the past six months.
    Ironic he can't get in cause he isn't vaxxed but if he actually had it he could.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

12. Likes:

M2 (01-06-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    pretty easy to convince a Ukranian doctor to agree to that.

Novak is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    pretty easy to convince a Ukranian doctor to agree to that.
    Serbian in this case. Will be watching to see if Djokovic comes down with COVID while he's in Australia (many players will), which would indicate he falsified his documents. And if he did have COVID in December, it's the second time he's had it and he was doing public events after he came back positive for it. I know he owns this tournament (I think only Rafa at the French Open has been more dominant in a major), but I am rooting for literally anyone but him to win.

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-16-2022)

This circus is so insane that I'm cheering for Novax just for the pure absurdity of the whole spectacle.

Novak was at a kids event the day after "testing positive" not wearing a mask.

The guy is a brilliant tennis player, but when it comes to everything else he's a complete doofus.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Djokovic lost his appeal and has left Australia. Kind of nice to see a wealthy celebrity not get special treatment. What's unknown is whether this means he can't re-enter Australia for three years.

With the 9-time winner out (along with 6-time winner Roger Federer), it kind of leaves the field wide open. Perfect opportunity for a breakthrough winner.

20. Likes:

757690 (01-16-2022),Kingspoint (01-16-2022)

Turn Off Ads?