Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis Thread

Re: Tennis Thread

Rafa's a little off again tonight, but he's still going to win. I enjoy these kinds of matches more than when he just goes out and overpowers the guy.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Dimitrov starting to melt down in the 3rd...missing routine shots. Could get ugly. Rafa not going to beat himself.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Dimitrov starting to melt down in the 3rd...missing routine shots. Could get ugly. Rafa not going to beat himself.
    His hand and the classless Bulgarian fans are taking their toll. Like the announcer said, "This isn't Davis Cup."

Wow, Dimitrov just blew it. He had set point in the tie breaker and ball sitting up on a tee and he just missed it.

He blew it again on the point he lost the set on. Choke city.
    Last edited by MWM; 01-22-2014 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Wow, Dimitrov just blew it. He had set point in the tie breaker and ball sitting up on a tee and he just missed it.

He blew it again on the point he lost the set on. Choke city.
    Now he looks really tired. Some of those misses look like they were because of tiredness. He's still coming up with some great shots, though.

Did you see Dimitrov in Cincinnati? That would have been great to see.

Nadal just doesn't tire.

Class shown by Nadal to the Bulgarian fans. "Thanks for bringing an energy to the tournament. I suffered a lot." Mentioned he was just lucky to not lose the 3rd set when Dimitrov missed a set point shot. Quite the difference between him and Sherman of the Seahawks. Both emotional interviews right after an event. Different attitudes about themselves and their respect for others.

Looks like Federer had another big game... hard to tell what strength Murray is playing at right now... did anyone catch the game?

BTW, that Dimitrov is going to be a force in the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    BTW, that Dimitrov is going to be a force in the next few years.
    Absolutely. He's got crazy power and good court coverage. He could be top 10 in short order.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Looks like Federer had another big game... hard to tell what strength Murray is playing at right now... did anyone catch the game?
    I just watched. Murray wasn't at his very best, but he wasn't bad either. Federer is playing some really good tennis. He's playing very smart and was frustrating Murray throughout the match. This is a different Federer, not as much power, but more craft. He's coming to the net a lot more I think trying to shorten points and avoid lots of long rallies that will tire him out. He's forcing his opponents to hit great shots and he's keeping them off balance, not to mention he's serving great.

I think the only guy this won't work on will be Nadal. I'd put him at even money vs Djokovic and a favorite vs anyone else. Nadal is his nemesis and he just doesn't match up well against him. Nadal is not at his best right now, but I just don't see it being that close a match.

If Federer is going to win a slam this year, it's most likely to be Wimbledon on the grass. If someone could knock off Nadal, I think he could win any of them.

Federer's new racket might be making a difference. He's certainly healthier than he has been in a while. All the greats make one last push for greatness before their careers end. This looks like it's going to be Federer's last push. Could last six months.

Nadal's blisters on his right hand are really effecting his game. He can't hit his backhand very well as he's struggling to get the right feel on the grip because of the tape on his hand. It opens it up for Federer to win this tournament.

I think they'll have a five-set match with Federer and Nadal, or at least two tie-breakers in a four-set match.

Anyone catch the Cibulkova/Radwanska match? After Radwanska had her way with Azarenka, I thought she'd be tough to beat. Cibulkova completely and utterly dominated her from start to finish. It was as lopsided a match as I've ever seen at this stage of a major. Cibulkova is the #20 seed and she looked like the best player in the world. She hit whatever shot she wanted to hit, whenever she wanted to hit it. I don't think anyone could have competed with her playing like that. Kind of bizarre that someone seeded that low would look THAT good.

Cibulkova seemed to just overpower her. Everything was on a tee for her to unload on.

Glad Wawrkina won, I always root against the giants. Anyone over about 6'2 (unless they are American.)
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Turn Off Ads?