Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Star Wars Episode 1: What Went Wrong"

Re: "Star Wars Episode 1: What Went Wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    The politics of the series just makes me confused. It seems a jumbled mess which might be the point but it just gets wierd- especially with the Jedi and stormtroopers are fighting together but later they are not. Why is it there is a droid army in the prequels that seem more advanced technologically than anything in the original 3? Then there is that robotic general that coughs (ep 2?) that is clearly more advance tech than anything later on. Did the clone wars set back the tech world?
    I think the idea was that tech/culture flourishes under the good guys, and regresses under the bad guys. The world is more colorful and full in the first 3 (mainly the first 2) because evil hasn't taken over, and the world is more drained of color and life in episodes 4,5, and 6 because that's what happens under a totalitarian regime.

That seems to have been the idea, anyway.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    I defend Revenge of the Sith but once you ask these questions I quit:

1. How did the Sith come about and why ?

2. Why does the Senate break into applause when Palpatine proclaims an Empire?
    As depicted on screen, the entire concept of the Sith seems incredibly silly. You have a galaxy with hundreds of billions of inhabitants and just two people are allowed to be in Sith Order? Daft.

The way the Sith are depicted in the "Knights of the Old Republic" series -- as an entire race of people being LED by force users -- makes marginally more sense.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

4. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (08-29-2013)

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

My son and I are home sick today and doing a Star Wars marathon. We're on Episode II and I have totally forgotten what a festering turd of a film this is.

1. Jango Fett sucks- a total crowd pleasing move to recreate one of the most bad asses in the SW universe falls flat. And he's the source for all the clones - double dumb

2. R2 can fly? Stoopid

3. The love story. Remarkably bad. Natalie portman's white outfit is the only bright spot here

4. Geonosis is a planet inhabited by giant ruthless bugs who create and run a highly sophisticated droid factory but can't find the time to invent pants

5. Yoda's warm feelings. Say this, Jedis do not.

6. Darth Vader loses his reputation as a bad ass when we learn he was originally a whiny idiot with no acting chops. He also surfs on animals

7. Count Dooku is the best name George could think of? Sir Christopher Lee does an admiral job as a statue

8. Jar Jar Binks unwittingly handing complete control to Palpatine. Finally, the prophecy of the Gungans being used to bring unbalance to the force has been fulfilled.

9. Samuel L Jackson as Mace Windu is less BAMF than his role on the Capitol One credit card commercials

10. The hundreds of highly trained Jedis can't handle slightly larger robots than ones used by the trade federation in Episode I

On to Episode III later. Shoot me.
    Witty signature.

6. Likes:

marcshoe (10-31-2013),RedTeamGo! (10-28-2013)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Episode III is actually a decent movie -- it's nowhere near as good as any of the original trilogy, but it's at least watchable and largely avoids the absolutely abysmal dialogue of the first two prequels (I think the rumor is that Tom Stoppard did an uncredited touch-up to the script).
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Episode III

1. General Grievous is introduced. A coughing robot with a heart who uses it for wielding six light sabers instead of making The Outer Rim safer for all it's citizens

2. "Hold me like you did on Naboo"

3. Finally we get the Wookie Planet of Kashyyk that nerds in their mothers' basements have been clamoring about.

4. The only mode of transportation Obi-Wan can find is an inefficient yelping rainbow lizard to chase after General Grievous

4. Anakin dreams of Padme's death. If only he'd dreamt of this trilogy

5. The separatist seem to have zero clue what they're even separating against.

6. Chancellor Palpatine's wardrobe would rival that of Queen Amidala and my wife.

7. Anakin turns to the dark side after the death Pulp Fiction's Jules. Marcellus Wallace wants somebody hiding in a rice paddy ready to pop a cap in him

8. Jules brings 4 master Jedis with him to dispatch of Palpatine but the Chancellor destroys two of them while the other two watch.

9. In a very ehem, emotional sequence, all but two of the Jedi are brutally murdered at the request of the Emperor. Very poignant seeing the fall of Kai-Ali Mundi

10. Padme passes after "Losing the will to live" echoing sentiments audiences and critics alike shared after witnessing the prequel trilogy.
    Witty signature.

9. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (10-28-2013)

Turn Off Ads?