Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game threads

Re: Game threads

The game threads seem the same to me as they always have been, to me it's fun to read someone go from "we are the worst team ever" to "gO reDs" in 10 seconds.
    Go Gators!

2. Likes:

Larkin Fan (08-24-2013),OnBaseMachine (08-24-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    The game threads seem the same to me as they always have been, to me it's fun to read someone go from "we are the worst team ever" to "gO reDs" in 10 seconds.
    Lord of the Flies was based on the behavior of the RZ game threads

5. Likes:

919191 (08-25-2013),redsfanmia (08-24-2013),Roy Tucker (08-24-2013)

Jeeps. When did society lose its ability to ignore stuff?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

7. Likes:

CoachBombay (08-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I'm ignoring this post.

Yeah. When RZ gets to be too much and people drive me crazy, I turn it off and go do something else. Like kick my dog or pull wings off flies.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

10. Likes:

CoachBombay (08-27-2013)

I agree. Though it goes both ways. If you are going to post something outrageous, I hope you have a thick skin.

If Brutus and OBM (which is probably what led to this thread, I've certainly had my battles) want to have their skirmish, that's cool...frankly there is an entertainment factor at play if I'm being honest. But if either side feels unjustly slighted, just back away, winning the argument be damned.

Learn to give and take. That's the secret of the game threads.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I agree. Though it goes both ways. If you are going to post something outrageous, I hope you have a thick skin.

If Brutus and OBM (which is probably what led to this thread, I've certainly had my battles) want to have their skirmish, that's cool...frankly there is an entertainment factor at play if I'm being honest. But if either side feels unjustly slighted, just back away, winning the argument be damned.

Learn to give and take. That's the secret of the game threads.
    To be fair, my thing with OBM had only a fraction to do with starting this thread. This really isn't about him. This has been something that's been increasingly frustrating all season long, the skirmish last night was just what prompted me to finally raise this discussion.

I agree that one could just ignore it and shut it off. On the other hand, it's not necessarily right that people that want to partake should have to leave because of some others that can't control their emotions. Ignoring one or two people would be easy to do. But when it's several, it's not quite that simple.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    To be fair, my thing with OBM had only a fraction to do with starting this thread. This really isn't about him. This has been something that's been increasingly frustrating all season long, the skirmish last night was just what prompted me to finally raise this discussion.

I agree that one could just ignore it and shut it off. On the other hand, it's not necessarily right that people that want to partake should have to leave because of some others that can't control their emotions. Ignoring one or two people would be easy to do. But when it's several, it's not quite that simple.
    It's real simple. Take last night's game thread for example. It had nearly 700 posts. Who has the time (or desire) to read that many posts? Just skip the dumb-assed ones. For me it's the only way to get through those threads

The gamethreads are awful. Normally redszone does a good job keeping the "twitter like comments" off, but the gamethread is pretty much reds fans on twitter and that's not a compliment.

Sorry, there's a difference between being critical and losing your mind when the Reds are down 2-0 in the 4th inning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

15. Likes:

CySeymour (08-28-2013),HeatherC1212 (08-27-2013),Raisor (08-27-2013)

Turn Off Ads?